Mi4 Lte Ramdom Reboots [with Logs]

@zegio @Pedro Amaro Yes it should work because you already have the merged partitions. But read bellow..

My gf's phone is on .eu 7.1.5.0 KK and yesterday it rebooted during the night while idle. Before that I was fiddling with some alarm settings and data usage settings and also manually clearing cached programs..
Sadly I can't confirm maybe it was an isolated incidence. I will downgrade to 7.1.3.0 and stock partitions and see test further..

Maybe there is a small possibility that it has something to do with how partitions are set up for MM? Because 7.1.5.0 (due to it's system being well over 600mb) is the only KK version who needs the merged partitions like MM, while lower versions of KK can use stock partitions. Maybe this is something to look at? Maybe something can't be written down properly like cache or whatever and the phone crashes.. Just guessing :)

Another thought that occurred to me is has anyone tried using the phone without sim card and still has reboots? If someone could try this for a few days, use wifi to browse and all that to put some some stress on it but without the sim card...

I used affected mi4 without Sim and did not find any reboot. It happens only with Sim card for me.

Just to leave the feedback that i've tried after a full wipe, flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_V7.1.5.0.KXDCNCK_v7-4.4.zip and i couldn't flash it, it gave me a error flashing system....
Does anyone as a fine procedure to go back to kitkat rom with old partitions?

Just to leave the feedback that i've tried after a full wipe, flashing the xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_V7.1.5.0.KXDCNCK_v7-4.4.zip and i couldn't flash it, it gave me a error flashing system....
Does anyone as a fine procedure to go back to kitkat rom with old partitions?

How do you flashed it? wiht a laptop or directly with twrp?

@Pedro Tavares You won't be able to install 7.1.5.0 on old KK partitions because if you check system folder of 7.1.5.0 you will see it's around 700mb and old KK system partition is 628mb I think, so not enough space for it.

For oversized .eu 7.1.5.0 KK, flash any official global stable MM fastboot rom via miflash tool and:
- Make sure it has that "flash partition.." line before "flash tz..." in flash_all.bat (this will merge system partition to ~1.2gb size)
Code:
fastboot %* flash partition %~dp0images\gpt_both0.bin
fastboot %* flash tz %~dp0images\tz.mbn
- Then flash twrp, do complete wipe and flash 7.1.5.0
NOTE: If you get an arguments error it's because 7.1.5.0 tries to install twrp too. You can delete this code from updater-script file, unzip the package, go to "META-INF\com\google\android" and edit the file with something like notepad++ and delete these exactly these lines of code:
Code:
ui_print("Installing custom recovery");
ui_print("Flashing TWRP Touch recovery...");
package_extract_file("recovery/twrp.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");
delete("/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
delete("/system/etc/recovery-resource.dat");
set_progress(1);
Save the file and re-zip the whole thing and flash it.

For normal .eu 7.1.3.0 (and lower) KK, flash any official global stable KK fastboot rom via miflash tool and:
- Make sure it has that "flash partition.." line before "flash tz..." in flash_all.bat (this will split to two system partitons 2x ~600mb)
Code:
- Then flash twrp, do complete wipe and flash 7.1.3.0 or lower

You can also use any other KK version with the merged partition btw, but I don't know if there are any incompatibility issues then.

Reactions: Pedro Tavares
@Pedro Tavares You won't be able to install 7.1.5.0 on old KK partitions because if you check system folder of 7.1.5.0 you will see it's around 700mb and old KK system partition is 628mb I think, so not enough space for it.

For oversized .eu 7.1.5.0 KK, flash any official global stable MM fastboot rom via miflash tool and:
- Make sure it has that "flash partition.." line before "flash tz..." in flash_all.bat (this will merge system partition to ~1.2gb size)
Code:
- Then flash twrp, do complete wipe and flash 7.1.5.0
NOTE: If you get an arguments error it's because 7.1.5.0 tries to install twrp too. You can delete this code from updater-script file, unzip the package, go to "META-INF\com\google\android" and edit the file with something like notepad++ and delete these exactly these lines of code:
Code:
ui_print("Installing custom recovery");
ui_print("Flashing TWRP Touch recovery...");
package_extract_file("recovery/twrp.img", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery");
mount("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system", "/system", "max_batch_time=0,commit=1,data=ordered,barrier=1,errors=panic,nodelalloc");
delete("/system/etc/install-recovery.sh");
delete("/system/etc/recovery-resource.dat");
set_progress(1);
Save the file and re-zip the whole thing and flash it.

For normal .eu 7.1.3.0 (and lower) KK, flash any official global stable KK fastboot rom via miflash tool and:
- Make sure it has that "flash partition.." line before "flash tz..." in flash_all.bat (this will split to two system partitons 2x ~600mb)
Code:
- Then flash twrp, do complete wipe and flash 7.1.3.0 or lower

You can also use any other KK version with the merged partition btw, but I don't know if there are any incompatibility issues then.

But i'm on xiaomi.eu stable 7.5.2.0 (LL), i think i already have merged system partition, right?

You mean MM? Yes you have merged partitions then but it's still possible that you will have to rebuild them anyway. If you got an arguments error (not error 7 system blabla) when installing 7.1.5.0 then just delete those lines of code in updater-script.

You mean MM? Yes you have merged partitions then but it's still possible that you will have to rebuild them anyway. If you got an arguments error (not error 7 system blabla) when installing 7.1.5.0 then just delete those lines of code in updater-script.

Sorry, MM yes.
I wanna try a kitkat version just to stop the random reboot problem.
Can i stick with the kitkat version with merged partition or its best to go back to the old one?

To be honest I have no idea if merged partitions have an effect on KK. From what I understand the old two partition system was meant for dual-boot. Because on old partition only one 600mb partition is active anyway the other one is unmounted (maybe also for backup? don't know).

There are also two partitons for modem and boot in the old system, but again no idea if it has any actual effect. :)

Reactions: Pedro Tavares
I'll try locking the gsm provider. We'll see. Thanks for the tip.

After locking the GSM provider I got 130hrs of uptime and right now I just had a reboot. Well... this is probably not the solution for the reboots problem even if 130 hrs made me believe that could be it.

Reactions: NOECUBI
I upgraded my wife's Mi4 from en.miui.com official Global Stable 7.1.2.0 up to xiaomi.eu Stable 7.5.2.0 (with TWRP). The reason I did this was due to a discovered vulnerability in MIUI versions less than 7.2 (google for "miui vulnerability 7.2"). Something I thought people in this topic may want to be aware of if they are considering downgrading to 7.1.x.

No reboot since yesterday with this tip. Thanks!
Mi4 2/16 LTE with 7.5.2 xiaomi.eu

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk
Perhaps it's a really fool question but how can I lock GSM provider?

Perhaps it's a really fool question but how can I lock GSM provider?

[quote uid=134082 name="manlysixpacks" post=307657]Bro, how can I find these option?? I already turned off all battery saving mode.[/QUOTE]<br />In addition with your gsm card you need to explicitly select your provider and not leave to 'automatically find'

[quote uid=134082 name="manlysixpacks" post=307657]Bro, how can I find these option?? I already turned off all battery saving mode.
<br />In addition with your gsm card you need to explicitly select your provider and not leave to 'automatically find'

Enviado desde mi MI 4LTE mediante Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Another question, if I lost gsm conexion, my phone won't work? or automatically it will look for the conexion that I selected?

It wont, my provider gives me three options, 2g, 3g and 4g.
OMG, but this one it's a very bad solution, honestly I prefer reboots than lost internet conexion since I notice that my phone is not conected to a brand.

OMG, but this one it's a very bad solution, honestly I prefer reboots than lost internet conexion since I notice that my phone is not conected to a brand.

If you choose the 4g, change the network connection (2g/3g/H+/4g); wich not change is the provider (for example if you use an OMV provider who hasn't its own network)

7.1.2 reached successfully 510h, for me it concludes OK w.r.t kitkat.
Now testing 6.7.19 global rom on unaffected mi4.

Envoyé de mon MI 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

I just checked my wife's Mi4, and, unfortunately, it has had at least 1 random reboot since upgrading to 7.5.2.0. Looking forward to a fix for this bad bug.

Edit: Hmm.. my wife has now worked out her phone is randomly rebooting - clock is ticking on a fix!

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

Mi4 LTE, 16GB -> I had random reboots with all MarshMallow (MM) ROM's being tried. (cyanogenmod, xiaomi.eu, en.miui.com,

I've stable device (so, no reboots) with: (1) KitKat (KK). (2) I also tried Windows 10 mobile (W10M --> poor camera definition, gap in apps, netflix problems, whatsapp notification problems) but no random reboots.

I think the problem is the core of MarshMallow. It's a shame!.

Reactions: jc rey
Xiaomi.eu have uploaded the latest stable: V7.5.3.0
Might be worth trying to see if it fixes the random reboots. I don't see anyone mention in this thread if they've tried it.

Hi everybody,

Mi4 LTE, 16GB -> I had random reboots with all MarshMallow (MM) ROM's being tried. (cyanogenmod, xiaomi.eu, en.miui.com,

I've stable device (so, no reboots) with: (1) KitKat (KK). (2) I also tried Windows 10 mobile (W10M --> poor camera definition, gap in apps, netflix problems, whatsapp notification problems) but no random reboots.

I think the problem is the core of MarshMallow. It's a shame!.
Agree, but only on some mi4 models, mi3 are unaffected and I have 2 mi4 3/64 that are also running stable.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 7 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: ArkoBalear