Mi5: Waiting For Wi-fi When Download/update Apps In Google Play

war4head

Members
Dec 15, 2016
My MI5 work fine on V8.1.6.0, but I today install stable V8.2.1.0 and in TWRP after installation new ROM before reboot (clear chace,dav,data - wont fresh start). My Mi5 boot, and all looks ok, but when I try to install some applications with "google play" I got message "Waiting For Wi-fi When Download" and stuck here.

After 2-3h tying to install any program on my phone over google play, I find this post :"(solved) Mi4s : Waiting For Wi-fi When Download/update Apps In Google Play" but that is not case with Mi5

I now have option to back on V8.1.6.0 or move on beta-test 7.4.6 , I don't love to change ROM on weeky based.
Any chance to fix bug in V8.2.1.0 with Wi-Fi?

7.4.6....Status: RELEASED
(MiNotePRO delayed)
HM2W/TD EOL
MI4C, MI4S, MI5, MI5C, MIMAX, MIMAXPro, Note4X REUPLOADED with fixed Google Play Wi-Fi issue

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Any chance to fix in stable version?

Update: I move on 8.2.2 and problem with wifi and google play is fixed.

Poslano sa mog MI 5 koristeći Tapatalk

i have the same problem with Google Play Store. My MI5 is unlocked and rooted and has 8.2.1.0 installed. It has TWRP on it. What is the best method to upgrade to 8.2.2. without loosing my data and apps ?

When installing the .zip file in TWRP there is a message zip file is corrupt. Tried downloading new rom 8.2.2 no succes same message. Any suggestion ?

When installing the .zip file in TWRP there is a message zip file is corrupt. Tried downloading new rom 8.2.2 no succes same message. Any suggestion ?

Ok, please download this file (For Xiaomi Mi 5) : xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.2.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0.zip

And check with md5 tools checksum most be 43008e21b0fa15aa92a193541160b12e , on linux (I using Debian GNU/Linux ) have tools md5sum which check checksum of download files and if checksum match You have good image.

Ok, please download this file (For Xiaomi Mi 5) : xiaomi.eu_multi_MI5_V8.2.2.0.NAACNEB_v8-7.0.zip

And check with md5 tools checksum most be 43008e21b0fa15aa92a193541160b12e , on linux (I using Debian GNU/Linux ) have tools md5sum which check checksum of download files and if checksum match You have good image.

Thanks for all your help guys. I updated by just booting directly into TWRP (So not using the Xiaomi updater app) wiped Dalvik and Cache and updated the ROM. It worked like a charm. I am on 8.2.2. now and all my data, apps and settings where saved and best of all; Google Play Store works again !:):D

Reactions: Jaime DLH
I have read all the above but my problem is I do not know nor comfortable to understand how to use TWRP.

I am just a normal low tech user of the Mi5 with MIUI8.2 Stable ROM 8.2.2.0 NAACNEB and Google Play store is hanging on 'checking info...'

I have followed threads on clearing data & cache for GPServices but not working.