Microphone bug

ensza

Members
Mar 26, 2023
Microphone suddenly losing stereo and the quality of recording becomes worse (both video and audio recorder). Checking the channel of the recorded audio shows 2 channels (left and right) but they are the same so it's practically mono audio.

Wiping the phone (factory reset) fixes the problem but after some time the problem comes back. Occurs in both Miui 13 and 14 roms, didn't check that much but I believe the problem doesn't exist in official roms.

Edit: Problem doesn't occur in safe mode. Still, I don't know what's causing it. Anyone experiences the same thing?

Edit: Fixed it, I think. Apparently, it's google assistant that is causing it, it affects the audio recording generally, video recording or audio recording. Disabling google assistant fixed the problem.

Last edited:
Microphone suddenly losing stereo and the quality of recording becomes worse (both video and audio recorder). Checking the channel of the recorded audio shows 2 channels (left and right) but they are the same so it's practically mono audio.

Wiping the phone (factory reset) fixes the problem but after some time the problem comes back. Occurs in both Miui 13 and 14 roms, didn't check that much but I believe the problem doesn't exist in official roms.

Edit: Problem doesn't occur in safe mode. Still, I don't know what's causing it. Anyone experiences the same thing?

Edit: Fixed it, I think. Apparently, it's google assistant that is causing it, it affects the audio recording generally, video recording or audio recording. Disabling google assistant fixed the problem.
thanks man! i loved the stereo recording feature of my phone and was at a complete loss when it disappeared for no reason, i was thinking all over the place for a solution, was it an update to the software or android or was my mic port dirty or something. you saved me a ton of digging around! it was google assitant not minding it's own business. registered just to say thanks!

thanks man! i loved the stereo recording feature of my phone and was at a complete loss when it disappeared for no reason, i was thinking all over the place for a solution, was it an update to the software or android or was my mic port dirty or something. you saved me a ton of digging around! it was google assitant not minding it's own business. registered just to say thanks!
Glad it helped. May I know what phone you use?