Microphone Gain Issue - People Can't Hear Me In Call.

Blakke

Members
Mar 14, 2017
Hi

I seem to have an issue with my Mi4C where people can't hear me in call. I tested the microphone using the voice recorder and it works fine. Then I ran Hardware Tests:

1. Main mic speaker feedback test - Pass
2. Simulation call test - Fail but I can hear something if I make a really loud noise so mic is working but is just very quiet.
3.Back mic speaker feedback test - Pass
4. Front mic speaker feedback test - Pass

So it seems that the microphone is working but is just very quiet for some reason. I tried setting persist.audio.fluence.voicecall=false in build.prop but it did not solve the issue.

The issue persists both on Xiaomi.eu 7.3.23 and 7.4.13 ROM. Any tips on how to fix this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Have you checked your jack connector? Some dirt might got in and the contact is not perfect.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk

Have you checked your jack connector? Some dirt might got in and the contact is not perfect.

Sent from my Mi-4c using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip, but my issue is that people can't hear me when I don't use the headset. If I use a headset everything is fine. Sorry, if it wasn't clear in the original post, I updated it to make it more clear.

I had the same problem. People often complained when I was on the phone with them. There were no complaints on speaker mode or with the use of a headset. At the end I replaced my usb-c connector (With the microphone included) and that solved the problem.

I had the same problem. People often complained when I was on the phone with them. There were no complaints on speaker mode or with the use of a headset. At the end I replaced my usb-c connector (With the microphone included) and that solved the problem.
Oh, I see, I will try to get that replaced then.. It's just that the front microphone is working when I do the main mic test so I am not sure if it's a hardware or software issue :/