MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

A question for Xiaomi EU Dev team, I'm not using from long time this rom (on mi10 as now I was okay on stock) and I don't know if has more features or not but what about replacing the Xiaomi package installer e use the Google version as for global rom? On Android auto Italian groups I see a very lot of people with strange problem to have working unofficial app on Android auto (fermata euro screen2auto ect) and at the end we discovered that the problem come from Cina based rom because it use a non compatible package installer. To fix they need to install the Google one and then will work. If there is no advance to use the Cina version can be easily replaced for all. (com.google.android.packageinstaller)

A question for Xiaomi EU Dev team, I'm not using from long time this rom (on mi10 as now I was okay on stock) and I don't know if has more features or not but what about replacing the Xiaomi package installer e use the Google version as for global rom? On Android auto Italian groups I see a very lot of people with strange problem to have working unofficial app on Android auto (fermata euro screen2auto ect) and at the end we discovered that the problem come from Cina based rom because it use a non compatible package installer. To fix they need to install the Google one and then will work. If there is no advance to use the Cina version can be easily replaced for all. (com.google.android.packageinstaller)
No idea what you're talking about and how Android Auto is related to the Package Installer. You'd have to explain this better. No plans or reasons to use Google Package Installer.

No idea what you're talking about and how Android Auto is related to the Package Installer. You'd have to explain this better. No plans or reasons to use Google Package Installer.
So, practically this unofficial app need to be installed "as from PlayStore" + the flag "android.intent.extra.NOT_UNKNOWN_SOURCE" this is done using app installer but this will not work with the Cina package installer. I was thinking they are aesthetically the same and so will have no impact but I discovered the Cina install Package have more features and is different from the global version and so ok as is it and how want to use that app on Android auto will install the global version and will fix this ""issue"". Just we are talking about android auto, there is a xioami bug where android auto wireless connection will stuck immediately on network connection change (example no network area and then internet come back) I don't know if is something can be fix but us or need for xioami fix (i sent a feedback about that through the official feedback features) but probably will be ignored

So, practically this unofficial app need to be installed "as from PlayStore" + the flag "android.intent.extra.NOT_UNKNOWN_SOURCE" this is done using app installer but this will not work with the Cina package installer. I was thinking they are aesthetically the same and so will have no impact but I discovered the Cina install Package have more features and is different from the global version and so ok as is it and how want to use that app on Android auto will install the global version and will fix this ""issue"". Just we are talking about android auto, there is a xioami bug where android auto wireless connection will stuck immediately on network connection change (example no network area and then internet come back) I don't know if is something can be fix but us or need for xioami fix (i sent a feedback about that through the official feedback features) but probably will be ignored
We don't have any influence on how Android Auto works or doesn't work though.
As for "installability" of some strange third-party apps, well, sketchy apps requiring sketchy permissions/flags would have to be installed using sketchy methods. The package installer we use is secure and does the job for all proper apps.

Reactions: fcaronte
HDR doesn't work on Mi 10 properly on the last version. The colors are washed out untill you change volume or Disable HW overlays, please fix.

HDR doesn't work on Mi 10 properly on the last version. The colors are washed out untill you change volume or Disable HW overlays, please fix.
Had same problem on my mi 11 ultra and Pro. Thanks to your post I disabled the HW overlays in developer settings and it helped with colours a lot and brightness is much better. Thanks. I hope the battery performance will be ok

Because TWRP for Android 12 is available for that device.
Have fun.
it is available for a while :).

still it was way much easier to install new update using fastboot method.

also, does this mean there won't be a fastboot version?

Reactions: xeGox

pOpY2k22

Poco F3 - MIUI 13
Do you mean this?

Yes, my device is configured to switch themes on sunrise/sunset.
Sadly, on the next day it looks like this:

Black Text on Black Background, See attachment.

Is this bug present in the current EU rom of the Xiaomi 12?
Currently running the global.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-00-26-287_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-07-16-09-00-26-287_com.miui.home.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 127
I just now updated my UMI from 21.11.3 weekly to 13.0.6 stable (no format).

Perfect experience so far, update was flawless and smooth, no problems found until now.

Big thanks to the EU team :)

Reactions: FoxVol
Just a reflection, because the global stable rom is not modified instead of the Chinese one now that it has stopped updating. Nothing Chinese would appear.
thanks and regards,

it is available for a while :).

still it was way much easier to install new update using fastboot method.

also, does this mean there won't be a fastboot version?
I don't know if this is a bug, but it seems that a Fastboot version was uploaded on Sourceforge, although the file is no longer available. I already have both the ROM and TRWP files for android 12, but I still can't decide to install TWRP just for a small update. I would prefer a Fastboot ROM which is much easier to install.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2022-07-19 144058.png
    Captura de pantalla 2022-07-19 144058.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 101
Btw, users of Mi 9, Mi 9SE, Mi 9T Pro = Redmi K20 Pro could tell you the same. All these phones !and some others from your table) are for sure on EOL status and they don't receive any stock firmware updates, and specially not Xiaomi.eu updates

IMHO, that table you linked looks outdated or something (although from mi.com)
So sad to read this :( I think it's high time I stop coming to this post hoping I'd see Mi 9T PRO download available.
It's been a nice run fellas'

This fastboot versions doesn't support OTA updates but next one will do.Safetynet is passed by default.
thanks for your fast reply, can i use also an older version which support OTA updates? so i do not have to wait for the new version?
but i only found fastboot versions in the ROM List.

thanks for your fast reply, can i use also an older version which support OTA updates? so i do not have to wait for the new version?
but i only found fastboot versions in the ROM List.
There is no older versions of Android 12 ROMs with OTA support. OTA only works recently with the newer TWRP.

Reactions: katerpanne
On Mi Note 10 Lite, in which the rom is based on global rom, the dialer and sms app are from Google or MIUI?
Thanks!

There is no older versions of Android 12 ROMs with OTA support. OTA only works recently with the newer TWRP.
So either i'll wait for the new Release which will support OTA Updates, or i just install the Fastboot Version below and would be still able to update to the new version as soon as it has been released?
Does the Version support Dual Sim, i didn't found it written in the features?
xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_V13.0.6.0.SJBCNXM_v13-12-fastboot.zip
Sorry for these questions, this is new to me and i just want to use Dual Sim and try to get updates for the next times as long as they still support this phone.