MIUI 13 MIUI 13 STABLE RELEASE

@ingbrzy Which encryption type does Android 12 based Xiaomi.eu ROM use? FBEv1 or FBEv2?
For the phones originally deployed with A11 and higher, FBE by default should be v2

Google documentation describing FBE:

With root, open /vendor/etc/fstab.emmc (read-only, textual file) - on your phone it might be fstab.<something-else-than-emmc>

Alternatively, with TWRP copy that file to /sdcard/Download and later from Android open without the need for root

Inside, that file search for /userdata (filesystem definition):
Code:
/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/userdata /data f2fs noatime,nosuid,nodev,discard,inlinecrypt,reserve_root=32768,resgid=1065,fsync_mode=nobarrier    latemount,wait,check,formattable,fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0,keydirectory=/metadata/vold/metadata_encryption,metadata_encryption=aes-256-xts:wrappedkey_v0,quota,reservedsize=128M,sysfs_path=/sys/devices/platform/soc/1d84000.ufshc,checkpoint=fs

Actually, inside that line look for fileencryption definition:
Code:
fileencryption=aes-256-xts:aes-256-cts:v2+emmc_optimized+wrappedkey_v0

Eg, flag :v2 as above, describes that you would have FBE v2.
Here it is also emmc_optimized with hardware-wrapped keys

IMO - FBE (all together, filesystem definitions) is not up to Xiaomi.eu, but defined by the baseline Xiaomi firmwares

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_182916.jpg
    IMG_20220810_182916.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Having miui 12 and a11 on a mi 11 ultra what i need to do first to update to miui 13?
First update TWRP via fastboot and making the Install Recovery Ramdisk?
Or i can just enter fastboot boot twrp.img (the a12 one) and flash the rom update?
Thank you. I am a bit lost sorry.

(Having xiaomi.eu rom stable now but v12)

Reactions: JakSpoon
I'm also very interested in the changelog.
Espevially Changes from 13.0.8 to 13.0.9
Simeone got a Link or Something?

Thank You. Made like you told me and now i am on Miui 13.
The only think i see now is that bank apps doesnt let me use my fingerprint... You know why is this happening? Like i lost the security... No matters if i try to add or remove new fingerprints the bank apps Dont like the security now on the phone and Dont let me use It... How can i solve this? Thanks

Grazie. Fatto come mi hai detto e ora sono su Miui 13.
L'unico pensiero che vedo ora è che le app bancarie non mi permettono di usare la mia impronta digitale... Sai perché sta succedendo? Come se avessi perso la sicurezza... Non importa se provo ad aggiungere o rimuovere nuove impronte digitali, le app della banca Non mi piace la sicurezza ora sul telefono e non farmela usare... Come posso risolverlo? Grazie
Factory reset

I cannot see bat file inside ROM zip to flash this update via fastboot.

However, I could boot in to TWRP recovery and decrypt password to get to system files. Does it mean that I can flash this update via TWRP.

My device details:
Xiaomi 12 Pro running on Android 12 (i.e MIUI 13.0.36 which was the last update released on 23rd June).

I cannot see bat file inside ROM zip to flash this update via fastboot.

However, I could boot in to TWRP recovery and decrypt password to get to system files. Does it mean that I can flash this update via TWRP.

My device details:
Xiaomi 12 Pro running on Android 12 (i.e MIUI 13.0.36 which was the last update released on 23rd June).
yes…

Reactions: Ratzfatz
Any update on wireless charging?
working fine for me , 38% till full , according to the franko kernel app , charges at about 7.5~10w most of the time ( non-original charger 15w max, connected to 27w xiaomi charger), maybe a little slower than before , but i think this because of the ambient temperature here, which is higher these days , so maybe phone heats more than usual

Reactions: Will197
working fine for me , 38% till full , according to the franko kernel app , charges at about 7.5~10w most of the time ( non-original charger 15w max, connected to 27w xiaomi charger), maybe a little slower than before , but i think this because of the ambient temperature here, which is higher these days , so maybe phone heats more than usual
Thanks for that. Any idea why wireless charging might not be working for me and a few others? It happened when going to Miui 13

Hi, I installed the correct TWRP on my mi 11 ultra, when I try to do the update via OTA it reboots to recovery, but when I try to install it gives me mount error at system root(by the way I deleted the dalvik and it formatted everything, good thing I have bakup on the qnap), I tried changing slots on the B but it's the same. I attach photos of the steps. Thanks

x1.jpgx2.jpgx3.jpg

Hi, I installed the correct TWRP on my mi 11 ultra, when I try to do the update via OTA it reboots to recovery, but when I try to install it gives me mount error at system root(by the way I deleted the dalvik and it formatted everything, good thing I have bakup on the qnap), I tried changing slots on the B but it's the same. I attach photos of the steps. Thanks

View attachment 43414View attachment 43415View attachment 43416

TWRP update shows ERROR: 1 / can not mount system ...
- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
-> while you are in TWRP reboot your device in recovery mode
-> try to install the rom again
-> if it will fail, reboot in recovery again
-> or use "fastboot boot twrp.img" again
-> sometimes you need more then one try
-> if it will not work choose another twrp version

- this error can occur if you try the update with updater app or if you started TWRP manually
- Solution:
Perfect restarted in recovery from recovery the installation succeeded, if I had asked earlier I would not have lost my data. Thanks

Reactions: katerpanne
the only drawback now if i use TWRP flashing the Xiaomi 11T Pro, i cannot use the Online Banking app, it says its not anymore secure.

Before when i update the phone thru fastboot, i can still use the app. thanks :)

did you try to flash the BOOT version?
It is also a problem, that are there too many TWRP version. TWRP is tricky and not User friendly. The only reson that xiaomi.eu Rom is used by many Users is, that you have the MIUI Phone, Contacts and Message App. But the most stay away, because TWRP causes problems from the beginning of the installation.

It is also a problem, that are there too many TWRP version. TWRP is tricky and not User friendly. The only reson that xiaomi.eu Rom is used by many Users is, that you have the MIUI Phone, Contacts and Message App. But the most stay away, because TWRP causes problems from the beginning of the installation.
That's why you should not install TWRP on your phone! I always start it from the laptop with "fastboot boot twrp.img". It works...

Reactions: steberg
the only drawback now if i use TWRP flashing the Xiaomi 11T Pro, i cannot use the Online Banking app, it says its not anymore secure.

Before when i update the phone thru fastboot, i can still use the app. thanks :)
- check if your device is certified
- check if safetynet is ok/green
- check that you dont have a folder like /twrp
- you can try to disable developer options and oem unlocking

That's why you should not install TWRP on your phone! I always start it from the laptop with "fastboot boot twrp.img". It works...
haha what a nonsense
installed twrp with the option recovery ramdisk
i had those permission errors to what helped for me was remove pincode lock

Reactions: Will197

- Solution:
it can not be done

I would like to ask a question regarding camera optimizations, I don't know if it's the right 3d: will you ever be able to put the adjustable zoom even in the 50mpx(mi 11 ultra) setting? Not so much for dizzying telephotos, but to take advantage of the 2.0 X magnification that corresponds to the 50mm and portrait mode. Thanks

Reactions: ssssp87