MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

Anyone here changed to this MIUI14 rom on their Mi10u (CAS) from MIUI13 Beta (last updated in October 2022)?
I changed from stable MIUI13 to MIUI14 without wipe. Seems like battery is chewing a littlr more than on MIUI13. But I can't verify this unless I make a clean install. Other than that all good! Thank you xiaomi.eu for the ROM!

Reactions: biscoot
I changed from stable MIUI13 to MIUI14 without wipe. Seems like battery is chewing a littlr more than on MIUI13. But I can't verify this unless I make a clean install. Other than that all good! Thank you xiaomi.eu for the ROM!
Since I am on MIUI13 Beta, moving to MIUI14 Stable should be considered an "upgrade" and therefore safe? I just tried for a different set of Mi10Ultraand it seems to be working alright but wanted to be sure before I do it on my main phone.

Any feedback onew F3 build 14.0.6? I'm still on stable MIUI 13 waiting for MIUI 14 notifications/Safety net issuea I read about in last pages to be fixed

Yes, you have to format data because you are downgrading. Twrp installation instructions are here
Would moving from a weekly based on Miui13 A12 to Miui14 A13 Stable be considered downgrading? Since both Miui and Android will be of a later version?

Just updated from previous 14.0.5.0 to 14.0.6.0. Notifications are o.k. and bank apps are working. I'll have to check G pay, but NFC is working.

I can't see any changes other than android security version, updated from January to April.

Last edited:
I can't get TWRP installed to 3.7.0_12
can I have some more help or suggestions please?
want to upgrade MIUI from14.0.4.0 to 14.0.8.0 but my sd says it's 0MB

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    17.6 KB · Views: 86
The TWRP you are trying to install is for Android 12. MIUI 14 is Android 13. Update it using the Fastboot method

Reactions: ov1lord
Hello, please tell me why on the firmware from Stable Xiaomi.EU the phone battery is discharged faster than from Stable China.Rom? This happens on different phone models, at the moment I have a Xiaomi 12S Ultra.
Pls do not spam bruh !!!

MIUI 14 seems to be utilising more battery from my personal experience.

However after a flash, you will need to wait for a few battery cycles to actually notice the difference. Overtime I feel it gets better.

Some have said there is more battery drain with 5G enabled and it's significantly lesser with 4G/LTE.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

Reactions: sleepingawakerza

--

Would moving from a weekly based on Miui13 A12 to Miui14 A13 Stable be considered downgrading? Since both Miui and Android will be of a later version?
Yes...

Weekly MIUI 13 (Xeu) to Stable MIUI 14 (Xeu) would be a downgrade.

Data wipe is recommended.

--

Yeah, that's the reason why I asked... You are telling everybody they should format data, but I did dirty flash and everything is working fine.
"Working fine" as far as you can tell?
There are 2 main reasons we insist on clean flashing:
1) It may not even boot due to potentially older security patch level on the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
2) If it boots, the system is still misconfigured because the Global ROM system apps are not the same as the system apps we use. So if you get any crashes or unexpected behavior, you know what to do.

"Working fine" as far as you can tell?
There are 2 main reasons we insist on clean flashing:
1) It may not even boot due to potentially older security patch level on the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
2) If it boots, the system is still misconfigured because the Global ROM system apps are not the same as the system apps we use. So if you get any crashes or unexpected behavior, you know what to do.
Yes, as far as I can tell and I was not born yesterday. ;)
1. I'm aware.
2. If I get any unexpected behavior, I'll find out why and fix it, as I did for last 14 years.
As an ex Team Venom beta tester, I clean flashed 2, or maybe 3 times, when I tried really unstable custom ROM versions and knew there is probably no way back.

Cheers!

My all photos in dcim/camera directory are gone after update.

I have Xiaomi 12s ultra, which had 14.0.10 miui eu, then with this 14.0.12 update they are gone about 1.000 photos of 2 months. And they are not in recycle.

Restoring from google photos do not bring full size or raws.

Yes...

Weekly MIUI 13 (Xeu) to Stable MIUI 14 (Xeu) would be a downgrade.

Data wipe is recommended.

--
I back up my important stuff and did a dirty flash. Seems to be ok so far. Photos app process is the only one running with lots of cpu when I checked with adb. Hopefully that's temporary.

Hi, I have a bluetooth issue with my Redmi Note 10 Pro, with a bluetooth device connected, sounds come out of both phone and bluetooth device
I can't choose or nothing
It happens with most apps, only pure music apps work, I tried to click the audio output button from the dropdowwn menu but it just opens the mini player

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Yes, as far as I can tell and I was not born yesterday. ;)
1. I'm aware.
2. If I get any unexpected behavior, I'll find out why and fix it, as I did for last 14 years.
As an ex Team Venom beta tester, I clean flashed 2, or maybe 3 times, when I tried really unstable custom ROM versions and knew there is probably no way back.

Cheers!
Sooo, why did you even ask here if you know better?

I think I bricked my 12S pro. it is stucked in fastboot and it won't boot up in any other mode (pwr+vol up doesn't bring me in recovery)
Can sbd please help

I think I bricked my 12S pro. it is stucked in fastboot and it won't boot up in any other mode (pwr+vol up doesn't bring me in recovery)
Can sbd please help
1) It's not related to this thread.
2) You did not say what you did to get it bricked.
3) If you can still boot to fastboot, then it's only a soft-brick, which is recoverable.

To prove a point.
More like to brag about how clever, supposedly, you are.
You've proven no point. We never said that it's absolutely impossible to dirty flash between different MIUI ROMs.
We said that it's what you're always supposed to do when switching to a different ROM, because it's an ultimate remedy for everything that could go wrong if dirty flashing. So yes, I'm "telling everybody they should format data", and it's non-negotiable. It's simply correct.
This discussion is over.

More like to brag about how clever, supposedly, you are.
You've proven no point. We never said that it's absolutely impossible to dirty flash between different MIUI ROMs.
We said that it's what you're always supposed to do when switching to a different ROM, because it's an ultimate remedy for everything that could go wrong if dirty flashing. So yes, I'm "telling everybody they should format data", and it's non-negotiable. It's simply correct.
This discussion is over.
Well, I have the bragging rights. :cool:
But, obviously, I come from some different time, when users talked with developers, developers explained stuff, users were willing to learn, to test, to try to fix stuff... Developers respected users, as users were not the mindless bunch.
Now, different times have come... Sad times... :emoji_confused:

Reactions: Ekksman and Smaritz
Well, I have the bragging rights. :cool:
But, obviously, I come from some different time, when users talked with developers, developers explained stuff, users were willing to learn, to test, to try to fix stuff... Developers respected users, as users were not the mindless bunch.
Now, different times have come... Sad times... :emoji_confused:
It's not about developers respecting users when an user acts like he's the most clever person in the world. The developers have been working on this since the beginning and I never had any issues with them and you come here as some person that suddenly knows more than developers themselves. It's just sad that people like you even exist in this world.