MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

My situation right now

Attachments

• IMG_20231004_232056.jpg
    IMG_20231004_232056.jpg
    819.2 KB · Views: 122
For some reason I can't uncrypt data
I even tried disabling face unlock, set up a password instead of a pin, but I am stuck and can't wipe data

How to fix this?
Did you recently install this ROM first time - you had to Format Data (not Wipe, but Format)

Or maybe you did something by TWRP that deleted the FBE (File Base Encryption) keys - or something else affected them

You will have to Format Data from TWRP

Do I need to flash magisk for root again?
If Boot was patched by Magisk, Magisk would recreate itself on reboot (maybe on the second reboot, on first reboot Android must set up itself). Formatting Data does not affect Boot partition (Magisk patch) but it deletes Magisk setup at /data/adb

But you would need to install all apps again, including the Magisk app (and all modules)

This is what twrp shows when I click on format data
View attachment 48970
You can try this 4 possibilities:

- in TWRP click on "Mount" and then "Decrypt Data" insert your PIN and check if the Data is decrypted and try again to format
- in TWRP click on "Advanced" and then "File Manager" search for "data/system" and delete the file "locksettings.db" reboot to recovery and try again to format
- use MiFlash to install original ROM and install all from Scratch
- try to use fastboot with the format-script

Last edited:
IMG_20231005_100927.jpg

Update: I solved the decryption (I'm not sure, though) rebooting to system and removing every face/fingerprint data + activating usb debugging and oem unlocking on developer options. Problem is I am still stuck with this

Last edited:
You can try this 4 possibilities:

- in TWRP click on "Mount" and then "Decrypt Data" insert your PIN and check if the Data is decrypted and try again to format
- in TWRP click on "Advanced" and then "File Manager" search for "data/system" and delete the file "locksettings.db" reboot to recovery and try again to format
- try to use fastboot with the format-script
I followed your instructions, but it keeps asking for a password I don't have, since I removed every kind of lock on my phone, when trying to decrypt data via "mount" menu.

I can't find locksettings.db on data/system:
IMG_20231005_102153.jpg

Last edited:
I followed your instructions, but it keeps asking for a password I don't have, since I removed every kind of lock on my phone, when trying to decrypt data via "mount" menu.

I can't find locksettings.db on data/system:
you cantfind it coz it is not decrypted. try to set a PIN - 4 digits and try this again

you cantfind it coz it is not decrypted. try to set a PIN - 4 digits and try this again
New pin set, but still not working
IMG_20231005_103500.jpg

Edit: I somehow managed to get access to data/system and deleted locksettings.db, but after reboot to recovery I still can't format data since twrp is asking for a password

Last edited:
New pin set, but still not working

Edit: I somehow managed to get access to data/system and deleted locksettings.db, but after reboot to recovery I still can't format data since twrp is asking for a password
ok so one step after the other ...
- reboot to twrp and delete the "data/system/locksettings.db"
- start the system and set a PIN - 4 digits
- reboot to recovery / TWRP
- if it is asking for a PIN -> insert the 4-digits

If all this will not work:
- try to use fastboot to install xiaomi.eu rom with windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

- try to use fastboot to install xiaomi.eu rom with windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat

Do you mean I need to install official MIUI 14 and then xiaomi.eu rom with .bat?
I tried to directly install latest xiaomi.eu rom with this step, but I still have the encryption issue with TWRP. It keeps saying "Unable to mount storage" :emoji_sob:

Is your device Xiaomi 11 Pro/Ultra (star)? Looks like you are using the wrong TWRP.
According to the pictures you showed, it looks like you are using the TWRP for a lower version of android.
Install the current TWRP for that device and android version.

TWRP designed for STAR/Android 13

Last edited:
Xiaomi 13 Ultra, anykernel version matching 14.0.19.0 TMACNXM ROM for ishtar - 5.15.74
Unfortunately, KernelSU is not compatible with the Xiaomi.eu (14.0.12) Stable.on Lisa - screenshot

Actually, I've tried already months ago, so I asked you about you (hoping that maybe KSU now supports a border range of kernels), but it still complains that QKI kernel is not supported (probably you have GKI kernel on your device)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-05-23-38-49-442_me.weishu.kernelsu.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-05-23-38-49-442_me.weishu.kernelsu.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 91
There's something wrong with the encryption on TWRP that I don't know about. This happened in RedmiNote7 (Lavender). And I had to switch to OrangeFox without encountering any passwords. But I'm not sure OrangeFox is available for your phone model. And I'm not sure if OrangeFox is really more secure than TWRP. But it's worth a try if OrangeFox is available for your phone model.

Reactions: katerpanne
Hello
I managed to fix the initial issues and to install the latest rom, but I am facing two major issues/bugs now:
1. Messages by Google app is not reading my SMSes, even though Xiaomi Messaging app is
2. The UI for some reason loses gestures and forces me to use buttons

Has anyone faced this before? How to fix these issues?

Hello
I managed to fix the initial issues and to install the latest rom, but I am facing two major issues/bugs now:
1. Messages by Google app is not reading my SMSes, even though Xiaomi Messaging app is
2. The UI for some reason loses gestures and forces me to use buttons

Has anyone faced this before? How to fix these issues?

1. You must set up default SMS app to Google Messages.
2. Go to option and enable Gesture.

haveumetrob

- clear the all data of the Messages app
- do not launch the application!
- go to permissions and enable everything
- set app as default
- run the app and follow the instructions in it.