MIUI 14 MIUI 14 STABLE RELEASE

Hello
I managed to fix the initial issues and to install the latest rom, but I am facing two major issues/bugs now:
1. Messages by Google app is not reading my SMSes, even though Xiaomi Messaging app is
2. The UI for some reason loses gestures and forces me to use buttons

Has anyone faced this before? How to fix these issues?
Native Settings, Apps, Manage apps, search for your messaging app and open.
Scroll down to Permissions, open, find Read SMS and MMS and give it Always allow - as on the screenshot (not from your app but that's the general way how to deal with 'problems' like yours)

Or long press to your app's icon, and open App info. That's the faster way than navigating through Settings, Apps, etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-07-00-35-41-019_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-07-00-35-41-019_com.miui.securitycenter-edit.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 124
Reactions: haveumetrob
I'm downgrading from weekly to stable since no more updates are available for mi 11 ultra, can someone provide me the steps to save, delete and restore all my data as well as installing from weekly to stable. I need a step by step procedure to keep all my data as it is i.e. keep same phone settings, wallpaper, homescreen, etc. Any replies are much appreciated. Tks

Thanks for the information.
However, this is not the same.
MIUI > Third Party Launcher = Gestures don't work at all
My Pixel / A13 > NOVA Launcher = gestures work fine. :emoji_thinking:

Last edited:
Solved
Thank you

What about the gestures issue?
OK Google still works.
I'm not too sure about the whole Gesture or programming code thing. According to my usage experience. I noticed gestures have 2 levels. And I confirm that both this level 2 still works fine on 3rd party Launcher called "Computer Launcher Pro". You just need to download the free version on GoogleStore. And currently I am still using the device RedmiNote12 8Gb Non-NFC Global Official Rom 14.0.14 (Android 13).
On my RedmiNote7(Lavender) device with MIUIEU 12.5 it works fine.
- 1 level of systematic gestures (Android system in general, e.g. swipe to return, swipe to go to Home...)
- 1 level of gestures on the application. (In this case perhaps developers can develop more advanced gestures in their applications). For example, a third-party application is Computer Launcher Pro. Or Google's Message still has a swipe left gesture to delete messages or customize message storage...)

I can confirm my gestures are somehow bugged
My device keeps losing them and forces me to change to button - > gestures again from settings

KHPKero

It seems like some very useful information might be here if I could be sure exactly. Just to be clear:

A) It it safer for Android 11 & 12 (& maybe 13 +) to avoid using TWRP to flash Rom except for updates?
B) Or is it wiser to avoid dirty flash Rom upgrades (major updates between Android/Miui versions?
C) But Fastboot dirty flash, as long as it is same Rom (e.g xiaomi.eu) is safe?

I am considering flashing both lisa & topaz twrp which both have unofficial versions (12). I gather xiaomi-eu rom installs twrp automatically & maybe even patches the boot.img for magisk. But whereas I thought I knew roughly what I am doing, now I am no longer sure at all!

If anyone can improve my understanding, thanks in advance

It seems like some very useful information might be here if I could be sure exactly. Just to be clear:

A) It it safer for Android 11 & 12 (& maybe 13 +) to avoid using TWRP to flash Rom except for updates?
B) Or is it wiser to avoid dirty flash Rom upgrades (major updates between Android/Miui versions?

I am considering flashing both lisa & topaz twrp which both have unofficial versions (12). I gather xiaomi-eu rom installs twrp automatically & maybe even patches the boot.img for magisk. But whereas I thought I knew roughly what I am doing, now I am no longer sure at all!

Flashing FastBoot is quite safe and does not require TWRP. Just make sure of the following:
1. Unlock Bootloader (If possible, enable USB Debug in case you get disconnected in bad situations)
2. Activation allows OEM to unlock Bootloader
3. Turn off your phone, hold down the Volume key (-) and the Power key for about 3 seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
4. Connect the cable to the computer.
5. You may temporarily turn off anti-virus programs to avoid them interfering with the Flash process. (although this hasn't happened to me yet on Windows 11 Lastest version with Windows Security lastest)
6. Extract your RoomFlash then run the command.
7. Wait until your phone restarts (During this process, it is a good idea that you should not open any applications on your computer to avoid the risk of applications accidentally interfering with the process. Flash program...)

And that's all.

I made this on Topas.

There is one thing I haven't tried yet but I have seen some information people say that after Flashing FastBoot MIUIEU ROM. TWRP will automatically install on your device. Please confirm this for yourself.

Flashing FastBoot is quite safe and does not require TWRP. Just make sure of the following:
1. Unlock Bootloader (If possible, enable USB Debug in case you get disconnected in bad situations)
2. Activation allows OEM to unlock Bootloader
3. Turn off your phone, hold down the Volume key (-) and the Power key for about 3 seconds to enter Fastboot mode.
4. Connect the cable to the computer.
5. You may temporarily turn off anti-virus programs to avoid them interfering with the Flash process. (although this hasn't happened to me yet on Windows 11 Lastest version with Windows Security lastest)
6. Extract your RoomFlash then run the command.
7. Wait until your phone restarts (During this process, it is a good idea that you should not open any applications on your computer to avoid the risk of applications accidentally interfering with the process. Flash program...)

And that's all.

I made this on Topas.

There is one thing I haven't tried yet but I have seen some information people say that after Flashing FastBoot MIUIEU ROM. TWRP will automatically install on your device. Please confirm this for yourself.
Thanks for the reply.

I am reasonably comfortable with Fastboot. I know it is safe with Android 11+. What I am unsure about is whether TWRP now works safely with recent Android versions. Topaz for example.

Nova launcher works fine with the latest version? ( without gestures)?

Wysłane z mojego 22081212UG przy użyciu Tapatalka

Thanks for the reply.

I am reasonably comfortable with Fastboot. I know it is safe with Android 11+. What I am unsure about is whether TWRP now works safely with recent Android versions. Topaz for example.
I don't think TWRP latest version 3.7.0 on twrp.me fully supports and compatible on Android 13+ and Topas or Topaz devices. You can read the updates there. Screenshot_2023-10-08-13-02-08-531_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
I have experienced once Flashing MIUIEU Rom Stable Global 14.0.14 Android 13 on Topas via FastBoot without any problems. I have not checked after flashing via FastBoot whether MIUIEU has installed any unofficial version of TWRP on my device or not. But you can rest assured and do not need to use TWRP because FlashFastBoot also supports updating when new MIUIEU Rom is available. It's safe to say that TWRP is not something you need to worry about if you don't use Magisk and Root related things. If you still want to use Magisk and Root, you may have to confirm it yourself. You can absolutely try and return to MIUI Offical at any time. Now I'm back to Tapas MIUI Official 14.0.14 and everything seems better than the current version of MIUIEU 14.0.14 for Vietnamese language. Ram Memory is always free 5.5Gb to 6.5Gb. But it is also worth looking forward to the next versions of MIUIEU to be more complete because the team's efforts have always tried to bring good things to users.
Screenshot_2023-10-08-08-29-14-814_com.miui.home-edit.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
hungchip - Thanks for replying in English. (We brits are notoriously bad at 'foreign' languages )

What I understand now is that there is a lot of misunderstanding about TWRP Topaz, and I have still no confirmed clear reports of any RN124G (Topas or Tapas) xiaomi.eu MIUI 14 Stable including TWRP. That would be easier, but Fastboot works for sure.

I did find this great guide though in case anyone like me comes across this thread. For example I've now learned the Redmi Note 12 (RN12) has 2 recovery partitions!

Xiaomi EU Tutorial on Custom Recovery Installation

Reactions: hungchip and zgfg12

If using Xiaomi.eu, you don't need to manually I stall TWRP. Please read OP post #1, flash Xiaomi.eu through Fastboot and it will install TWRP

TWRP that comes as part of Xiaomi.eu installation for Lisa is very good.
However, there is one issue with the backup files - please search in this thread I wrote earlier about that

You can install Magisk by TWRP, but (and that is a recommended way I think now already for 3-4 years per the official Magisk Installation guide on GitHub) also by patching and flashing. Both ways will work fine on Lisa. Btw, please search, a lot has been written in this thread, there is another thread here on the Forum devoted to custom Recoveries, there are threads with instructions for Magisk, etc

Hello !

I have a xiaomi mi 11 ultra(m2102k1c) and i currently have the latest MIUI 14 version (14.0.11.0.TKACNXM).

I'm not satisfied by the battery life ( sometimes i lose over 15-20% over night ) and i would like to completely wipe the phone clean and install the latest stable xiaomi eu.

I wanted to ask for some advice, cause it's my first time doing it on xiaomi

1. Can i get TWRP to work on android 13 ? Last time i checked on their website only a12 was metioned.
2. Do i need TWRP or another custom recovery ? My thinking is if something "bad" happens i can always flash the original rom using TWRP and i can't "hard brick" the phone this way. Am i correct ?
3. Do you recommend i downgrade to a12 , considering battery life ? I don't know which rom is better for that

Thank you !

Unfortunately, KernelSU is not compatible with the Xiaomi.eu (14.0.12) Stable.on Lisa - screenshot

Actually, I've tried already months ago, so I asked you about you (hoping that maybe KSU now supports a border range of kernels), but it still complains that QKI kernel is not supported (probably you have GKI kernel on your device)
Yeah it's GKI kernel. Did see your posts ref getting it working on Lisa on XDA forums. Quicksilver kernel only work for AOSP on Lisa I assume?

Is there any place where we could read the release notes and see what changes/updates are being offered on new upgrades, I'm upgrading from miui 14 THOR 13 to 14 but don't know whats new, also I have a problem with my brightness is bugged, when I try to set up the solar level mode It doesn't stay on and my screen is hard to see when under the sun or any other light

Upgraded my Mi 10 Pro (cmi) from V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13.

After the upgrade, 5G no longer functions. I'm using a Swedish (Europe) carrier, specifically Telia/Fello. While 5G is still visible in all the menus/settings, attempting to manually search for networks only lists numerous carriers offering LTE, 3G, and GSM/EDGE-networks, with no 5G networks in sight. My phone is located in Sweden's largest city, where 5G coverage is typically excellent (and I've confirmed this with another device on another carrier/sim).

To troubleshoot, I performed a complete backup using TWRP, downgraded to V14.0.3.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, and wiped all data. With this previous version, 5G coverage was excellent once again, and a manual network search revealed many carriers offering 5G networks. However, upon upgrading this clean install to V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, the same issue reappeared.

(Fortunately, I was able to restore my settings and app data successfully after this troubleshooting.)

My best guess is that Xiaomi made some changes from 14.0.3 to 14.0.4 on cmi, possibly related to modems, which may not be compatible with xiaomi.eu. Another theory is that my carrier normally doesn't allow 5G at all. My cmi on xiaomi.eu, up until V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13, was my first phone that successfully connected to 5G. It's possible that some patch or similar modification in V14.0.4.0.TJACNXM_v14-13 by xiaomi.eu was either removed or not applied correctly during the development/signing process.

Best regards,

Roka

Hi to all, trying a couple of times to flash a Fuxi device I am getting some warnings like this:
  • Warning: skip copying abl_ab image avb footer (abl_ab partition size: 0, abl_ab image size: 217088).
  • Sending 'abl_ab' (212 KB) OKAY [ 0.016s
But finally flash seems to be successful... does anyone know why these warnings appear and if the flash is ok? (Stable version 14.0.31, fuxi device)

Did someone solve "Hey Google is not supported on this device"?
Yes, I had this problem on my Note 12 Pro 5G. I changed the language from Portuguese-BR to English (USA) and configured Voice match, and then when I returned to Portuguese-BR it started working again.

Try changing the language, it might work.

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask if someone knows about Xiaomi 13 Ultra New Stable ROM? My friend bought that phone and wanted to change firmware to EU, in fact CN ROM was good enough, but after changing to EU, it became more like Global ROM-ish, it wasn't like CN ROM anymore. So, I wonder is it really based on CHINA ROM? We just noticed it just by connecting Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro, the interface of connecting wasn't the same as in CN ROM, we tried Global official ROM and it was the same. Thank you

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask if someone knows about Xiaomi 13 Ultra New Stable ROM? My friend bought that phone and wanted to change firmware to EU, in fact CN ROM was good enough, but after changing to EU, it became more like Global ROM-ish, it wasn't like CN ROM anymore. So, I wonder is it really based on CHINA ROM? We just noticed it just by connecting Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro, the interface of connecting wasn't the same as in CN ROM, we tried Global official ROM and it was the same. Thank you
Are you surprised? Xiaomi.eu is meant for the international public...

Are you surprised? Xiaomi.eu is meant for the international public...
Well, yeah.. On 12S Ultra Xiaomi EU ROM were based on CN ROM, 13 Ultra supposed to be CN, but it's on Global EU. Question: Why? Why do I need to install Xiaomi EU, if there's official Global EU? The thing is CN ROM has a lot of functionality which my friend is looking for. Main problem were Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro total uselessness when LHDC with 192khz were not working. Don't get me wrong I'm just curious why is that thou. Thank you for understanding.

On 12S Ultra Xiaomi EU ROM were based on CN ROM, 13 Ultra supposed to be CN, but it's on Global EU. Question: Why?
Both are based on China ROM, as clearly indicated by the version names. Latest ROM for 12S Ultra is V14.0.14.0.TLACNXM and for 13 Ultra it's V14.0.19.0.TMACNXM.
The "CN" part indicates China ROM. You clearly know very little about MIUI in general, and the Xiaomi.eu custom ROM specifically.

Why do I need to install Xiaomi EU, if there's official Global EU?
Then don't. Use the Global EEA ROM, have fun, none of our business.

The thing is CN ROM has a lot of functionality which my friend is looking for. Main problem were Xiaomi Buds 4 Pro total uselessness when LHDC with 192khz were not working. Don't get me wrong I'm just curious why is that thou. Thank you for understanding.
There's a huge difference between the base of a ROM and it's configuration. It's not difficult to configure China ROM as an international ROM.

Reactions: yanng