MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

For the french who need the french cities, I have made a database.
It uses the posID from the internal MIUI database, so it works pretty well.
But as Mark said, I cannot add new cities unless those cities are added in the internal MIUI database, so please do not ask me to add your cities :)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F83FHDQ5

Here is the list of french cities added :

Aix-en-Provence
Albi
Annemasse
Antibes
Arnage
Aubagne
Aubervilliers
Auxerre
Aytre
Bayeux
Beauvais
Belfort
Beziers
Blois
Bobigny
Bordeaux
Bourg-en-Bresse
Bourges
Brest
Caen
Cagnes-sur-Mer
Cahors
Cannes
Carbon-Blanc
Carcassonne
Carquefou
Castelnau-de-Medoc
Chantilly
Chartres
Chateauroux
Chatelaillon
Cherbourg
Cholet
Colmar
Coulans
Dijon
Dreux
Evreux
Fabregues
Frejus
Grasse
Haguenau
La Bazoge
La Rochelle
Landerneau
Le Grand-Quevilly
Le Havre
Le Mans
Lens
Les Sables-d'Olonne
Libourne
Lille
Lisieux
Lorient
Lyon
Macon
Malicorne
Marignane
Marseille
Meaux
Melun
Menton
Merignac
Metz
Mondeville
Montargis
Montauban
Montpellier
Mont-Saint-Aignan
Morlaix
Mulhouse
Nantes
Nice
Orleans
Orvault
Paris
Paris/Charles De Gaulle
Pessac
Quimper
Reims
Reze
Roanne
Rochefort
Roubaix
Rouen
Saint-Brieuc
Saint-Denis
Saint-Die
Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray
Saint-Lo
Saint-Nazaire
Saint-Raphael
Salon-de-Provence
Sete
Strasbourg
Talence
Tarbes
Toulon

I hope it is possible in the future to switch between metric and non-metric temperatures because when I choose a city from The Netherlands we get temperatures in fahrenheit but it should be celcius. This renders the app pretty much useless, shame because it looks really nice :)

Great app! works fine on the SGS with CM7 Nightly, but it tends to FC when i press the weather icon and try to swipe between cities.

I hope it is possible in the future to switch between metric and non-metric temperatures because when I choose a city from The Netherlands we get temperatures in fahrenheit but it should be celcius. This renders the app pretty much useless, shame because it looks really nice :)

Give us time to actually build it from source code, we didnt have source code when we did the first build, had to hack it all together.

We're aware of the issues, we did what we could with limited code.

Thanks,

Mark

I've done this but still can't get rid of weber city.

"Turn off the GPS toggle, go to edit icon top left of the main app and switch off. That will solve that issue for you and anyone else with the problem."

I've done this but still can't get rid of weber city.

"Turn off the GPS toggle, go to edit icon top left of the main app and switch off. That will solve that issue for you and anyone else with the problem."

If you mean from the widget, then you have to delete and re-add the widget to get it to populate and display the correct info. If you mean from within the app itself, then you're doing something wrong.

Thanks for the quick reply.
That fixed it.

If you mean from the widget, then you have to delete and re-add the widget to get it to populate and display the correct info. If you mean from within the app itself, then you're doing something wrong.

Mark is it possible to when tapping on the time it opens the clock?

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Just downloaded and installed this program on my Samsung Captivate using the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine.

Just had to get the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file signed in order for it to install correctly. I did this in a bit of a roundabout way but it was successful, so here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to try this route.

1) Add the unsigned MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file to your device through mass storage.
2) Download ZipSigner and install (from marketplace)
3) Run ZipSigner and find the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk and sign it
4) Copy the signed MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk back to your computer
5) Run the Sideload Wonder Machine and select the signed MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file to install

Enjoy the app!

This worked flawlessly and the app is up and running beautifully with no issues so far!!!

Thanks for this beautiful program!

If someone can post a signed version of apk #1, then no, you don't have to be rooted. However, if you get force closes and need the .db file, then you do need to be rooted to push that.

I'd post it, but I'm pretty busy right now. I just took a couple minutes break to visit the forums. I'll post it later, though, if no one else does.

If someone can post a signed version of apk #1, then no, you don't have to be rooted. However, if you get force closes and need the .db file, then you do need to be rooted to push that.

I'd post it, but I'm pretty busy right now. I just took a couple minutes break to visit the forums. I'll post it later, though, if no one else does.

Can anybody help? I am anxious to try this. If it doesn't work, then I will attemp to root my phone. I have been a little nervous about doing that but I do love to play and configure my phone so maybe its time I learn!

Just downloaded and installed this program on my Samsung Captivate using the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine.

Just had to get the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file signed in order for it to install correctly. I did this in a bit of a roundabout way but it was successful, so here's how I did it in case anyone else wants to try this route.

1) Add the unsigned MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file to your device through mass storage.
2) Download ZipSigner and install (from marketplace)
3) Run ZipSigner and find the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk and sign it
4) Copy the signed MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk back to your computer
5) Run the Sideload Wonder Machine and select the signed MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file to install

Enjoy the app!

This worked flawlessly and the app is up and running beautifully with no issues so far!!!

Thanks for this beautiful program!

Please help.
After I Run ZipSigner and then open the zip. i do not see a .apk file.
Thanks,
Dean

Please help.
After I Run ZipSigner and then open the zip. i do not see a .apk file.
Thanks,
Dean

When you run ZipSigner, it asks you for the name of the file that you want to sign. There is a Choose In/Out button which will allow you to navigate to the file.

What I did was, I mounted my phone via USB and then copied the Unsigned copy of the weather apk file to the internal SD Card. Then I ran ZipSigner and pressed the Choose In/Out button and located the unsigned copy of the weather apk file. Once you do this, ZipSigner will fill in the output filename as MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk or something similar. Press the Sign The File button and your file will be saved to the same location as the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file that you originally copied to your phone via USB.

Now, using your computer, look at the internal SD card on your phone and find the MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk file that you created with ZipSigner. Copy that file to your computer and then run the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine and select the MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk file (or whatever it was named) to install.

I am currently at work and do not have the signed copy of the file with me, plus the file that is required differs based on the where you live. So it is better if you sign the file yourself. If you are still having problems, just reply in this thread and I will give a more detailed step by step procedure to do this.

Hope this helps!

Samsung Captivate - Problem with Temperature reverting to Celsius

Just installed the weather app yesterday and got everything set up for my current location. App worked fine all day yesterday and when I looked at phone this morning, the temperature had changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

The only way that I was able to get back to Fahrenheit display was to delete my current location and then add it again. Then I had to delete the home-page widget and re-add in order for it to display properly.

Really liking the app and I hope these minor bugs can get squashed. Keep up the great work!!!

Just installed the weather app yesterday and got everything set up for my current location. App worked fine all day yesterday and when I looked at phone this morning, the temperature had changed from Fahrenheit to Celsius.

The only way that I was able to get back to Fahrenheit display was to delete my current location and then add it again. Then I had to delete the home-page widget and re-add in order for it to display properly.

Really liking the app and I hope these minor bugs can get squashed. Keep up the great work!!!

Same problem here as well. Thanks for the tip in getting it fixed.

When you run ZipSigner, it asks you for the name of the file that you want to sign. There is a Choose In/Out button which will allow you to navigate to the file.

What I did was, I mounted my phone via USB and then copied the Unsigned copy of the weather apk file to the internal SD Card. Then I ran ZipSigner and pressed the Choose In/Out button and located the unsigned copy of the weather apk file. Once you do this, ZipSigner will fill in the output filename as MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk or something similar. Press the Sign The File button and your file will be saved to the same location as the MIUI_Weather_Dev.apk file that you originally copied to your phone via USB.

Now, using your computer, look at the internal SD card on your phone and find the MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk file that you created with ZipSigner. Copy that file to your computer and then run the AndroidCentral Sideload Wonder Machine and select the MIUI_Weather_Dev_signed.apk file (or whatever it was named) to install.

I am currently at work and do not have the signed copy of the file with me, plus the file that is required differs based on the where you live. So it is better if you sign the file yourself. If you are still having problems, just reply in this thread and I will give a more detailed step by step procedure to do this.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!!!! I was choosing Input instead of Choose In/Out. As soon as I get back to my PC, I will try the rest.

Thanks for the tip on get Fahrenheit thing.

Is there any way to get the app to find your location through the network instead of GPS? I like how other apps and widgets update according to where I am, but I don't feel like having my GPS on all the time.

Does MIUI Weather supports PH (Philippines) Weather?

I live in the Philippines and i want to know if your Weather app supports Philippines?

Thanks!

When the clock reaches 00:00 which is midnight ok I can deal with that I guess, but when I try to access the weather by simply hitting the weather icon, it fc's. Every night. But once I get going in my morning, it works. Any word why this happens?

Also the app weather at midnight always reads the high and low at the time. I am guessing the app disconnects from the server for updates at that time? Anyone having the same issue?