MIUI-DEV WEATHER Help & Support

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Hi everyone,

If you haven't already headed over to our post here: http://www.miui-dev.com/2011/03/09/miui-weather-released-free-for-all/

Go now!

Any issues using the Weather app - please post here. Myself and wowthatisrandom will do our BEST to help with any questions you have about using the app.

Remember this is our private beta release but as a gift to the community we've pushed it out for free! as a big thanks to those who have donated towards the Nexus S dev phone to allow me to continue to publish the latest updates for MIUI and the community!

Thanks to everyone who has and is supporting the site - after all this is YOUR site.

Mark

Hello,

I'm using a N1 and the EU version.
The app doesn't install :

Code:
I/ActivityManager(  683): Starting: Intent { dat=file:///sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk cmp=com.android.packageinstaller/.InstallAppProgress (has extras) } from pid 1778
D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Open for /sdcard/dropbox/
D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Close NoWrite for /sdcard/dropbox/
I/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): File not modified: /sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk
D/dalvikvm( 1787): GC_EXPLICIT freed 9K, 54% free 2508K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 37ms
D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Open for /sdcard/dropbox/
W/ActivityManager(  683): No content provider found for: 
I/ActivityManager(  683): Displayed com.android.packageinstaller/.InstallAppProgress: +289ms
D/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk Close NoWrite for /sdcard/dropbox/
I/com.dropbox.android.util.FileWatcher( 1543): File not modified: /sdcard/dropbox/MIUIDev_Weather_EU_Beta.apk
W/ActivityManager(  683): No content provider found for: 
D/PackageParser(  683): Scanning package: /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
W/PackageParser(  683): Exception reading classes.dex in /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
W/PackageParser(  683): java.lang.SecurityException: META-INF/MANIFEST.MF has invalid digest for classes.dex in /data/app/vmdl515614282.tmp
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.invalidDigest(JarVerifier.java:130)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier.access$100(JarVerifier.java:52)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarVerifier$VerifierEntry.verify(JarVerifier.java:122)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.util.jar.JarFile$JarFileInputStream.read(JarFile.java:120)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:133)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fillbuf(BufferedInputStream.java:140)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:324)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.content.pm.PackageParser.loadCertificates(PackageParser.java:370)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.content.pm.PackageParser.collectCertificates(PackageParser.java:540)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.installPackageLI(PackageManagerService.java:5947)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService.access$2200(PackageManagerService.java:139)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at com.android.server.PackageManagerService$5.run(PackageManagerService.java:4632)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:587)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:92)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
W/PackageParser(  683): 	at android.os.HandlerThread.run(HandlerThread.java:60)
E/PackageParser(  683): Package com.miui.weather has no certificates at entry classes.dex; ignoring!

same here, no install :(
i try'd also pushing the apk in /system/app/ but when restarting the phone i still don't see it anywere.

Working perfect for me after ADB push of both files, thanks Mark, beautiful app! Hope you can add Dublin to the db soon, I'll use Belfast for testing purposes :p

Push it with Root Explorer and make sure the permissions are the same as the others in system/app

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Working perfect for me after ADB push of both files, thanks Mark, beautiful app! Hope you can add Dublin to the db soon, I'll use Belfast for testing purposes :p

Welcome :) thank you too! :)

Works flawlessly. You've done outstanding work on not just this, but everything on here.

When I try to download the apk, it states that it is having difficulty parsing the package. Any ideas from anyone on how to resolve this?

The Batman
HTC Evo
MIUI v1.2.25

When I try to download the apk, it states that it is having difficulty parsing the package. Any ideas from anyone on how to resolve this?

The Batman
HTC Evo
MIUI v1.2.25

Download to your computer if possible then you adb to push the file to /system/app/

Thanks,

Mark

No install! Check the permissions to match the others apk then reboot. Now you can add your new weather widget...

By the way I'm getting FC when trying to choose the city and I have copied the db file to data...

Any clue?

I'm in Portugal...

Sent from my HTC Desire using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Working well enough here. Auto-location by GPS not working at all; I'm in Las Vegas, NV and it keeps displaying Weber City, VA. One small question, is there any way to link touching the time to the alarm clock, same way the analog clock widget works? I ask because opening the calendar when touching the clock portion doesn't feel right, not to mention I would love for it to go directly into the alarm clock portion of the clock app.

I cant install.

BTW, is it work in the carribean zone? I mean, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic? If not, How can i help you with this?

Working well enough here. Auto-location by GPS not working at all; I'm in Las Vegas, NV and it keeps displaying Weber City, VA. One small question, is there any way to link touching the time to the alarm clock, same way the analog clock widget works? I ask because opening the calendar when touching the clock portion doesn't feel right, not to mention I would love for it to go directly into the alarm clock portion of the clock app.

Turn off the GPS toggle, go to edit icon top left of the main app and switch off. That will solve that issue for you and anyone else with the problem.

The other things will be addressed when we get to work on BETA 2.0 which will be compiled from full source code.

Cheers,

Mark

Downloaded and installed! The database even included my small town in Maryland. Working and looking gorgeous.

Thanks Mark

I cant install.

BTW, is it work in the carribean zone? I mean, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic? If not, How can i help you with this?

We would need the weather.com location magnet codes for your city, countries - this applies to anyone else who is experiencing missing locations. We added over 68 thousand locations to MySQL and SQLite, we will be looking to drop this in BETA 2.0 but for now this is what we have and we can do what we can to add more support for other locations.

Cheers,

Mark

Turn off the GPS toggle, go to edit icon top left of the main app and switch off. That will solve that issue for you and anyone else with the problem.

The other things will be addressed when we get to work on BETA 2.0 which will be compiled from full source code.

Cheers,

Mark

Yes sir, I did that to get the widget to display the correct location, but thanks for your swift reply.

Wonderful to hear that the source code was made available to you for this app, should prove invaluable to coding one solid apk to make it truly international. I'm looking forward to add my home town in Puerto Rico where my parents still live.

HELP

Okay I feel a little defeated. I tried moving the apk and db from the download location on my sdcard to /system/apps. attempter to install via root explorer and it says APP NOT INSTALLED. What am I doing wrong?

CDMA Desire

btw: i don't use adb. am i screwed?

Okay I feel a little defeated. I tried moving the apk and db from the download location on my sdcard to /system/apps. attempter to install via root explorer and it says APP NOT INSTALLED. What am I doing wrong?

CDMA Desire

btw: i don't use adb. am i screwed?

Use adb, if you don't have it download the android sdk.

adb push file.apk /system/app

Replacing file.apk with the file name.

Same deal with the miui_city.db to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Thanks,

Mark

Use adb, if you don't have it download the android sdk.

adb push file.apk /system/app

Replacing file.apk with the file name.

Same deal with the miui_city.db to /data/data/com.miui.weather/databases/

Thanks,

Mark

This works Mark... and you have a crisp $20 American headed your way via ME!!!