MIUI ROM 2.3.9 Release [ENGLISH] [MIUIAndroid.com] [Tether / Acore Fixed]

When you install 2.3.5k, you need to boot to it, then reboot to recovery mode, MI-Recovery.

From there upgrade the system partitions, then go back to power off, then boot up in Fastboot mode, then flash the ROM over using Fastboot method, if not try flashing via Recovery by renaming the zip, it should work but could possibly throw a signature error because of the renaming.

Definitely the main issue is you've not upgraded your system partitions to support the larger EXT4 required for the ROM

Sorry should have said, system partition was already updated! I'm using MI-Recovery 1.1.0.

Do you have a link to any instructions on how to Flash the ROM in fastboot mode without using MIFlash?

Thanks

Sorry should have said, system partition was already updated! I'm using MI-Recovery 1.1.0.

Do you have a link to any instructions on how to Flash the ROM in fastboot mode without using MIFlash?

Thanks
Try renaming the file to update.zip and flash that in normal recovery?

Mark, Just to let you know still can't get the phone to boot after the update. It just hangs on the gold M1 splash screen.
I guess I'll just have to wait till the next release and give that a go. :( Thanks for your help anyway!

Oh no.
I think I've stuffed my brand new MI-ONE that I only received today.
I tried to update to miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip by renaming it to update.zip and applying the upload from recovery.
I did the partition update thing first.
Now when I try to boot into partition 1 I get the MI spash screen forever.
When I try to boot into partition 2 I get the the same spash screen but it does this wierd cycle:
Screen on -> MI animation -> screen off -> screen on -> MI animation -> screen off
Over and over again.
Really hoping someone can help, this is devastating :(

I was on 2.3.5l before I started mucking around, my device is MI-ONE-Plus

Oh no.
I think I've stuffed my brand new MI-ONE that I only received today.
I tried to update to miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip by renaming it to update.zip and applying the upload from recovery.
I did the partition update thing first.
Now when I try to boot into partition 1 I get the MI spash screen forever.
When I try to boot into partition 2 I get the the same spash screen but it does this wierd cycle:
Screen on -> MI animation -> screen off -> screen on -> MI animation -> screen off
Over and over again.
Really hoping someone can help, this is devastating :(

I was on 2.3.5l before I started mucking around, my device is MI-ONE-Plus
you'll need to sort it out via fastboot.

wohoo I'm alive again.
I was able to flash the miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS version from recovery (ie not the revision c version).
I could then flash the revision c version from with the OS using the updater tool.
Thank heavens.

Hi Mark & Other MIUI gurus, I am having the MI One plus model phone bought it yesterday it runs on 2.3.5n MIUI. I want to upgrade it to 2.3.9c. I am afraid that how to do it. I already download the 2.3.9c rom and placed in SD card downloaded_rom. I don't know how to install the ROM Manager or any applications/games. And don't know how to make partition and back ups because i am new to Android and MIUI. I can see the MI-Recovery 1.1.0 with options to install..can I proceed to install or need to do anything else. Please advise.

Thanks for the guidance Mark.
Not sure if you want bug reports here but one thing I'm seeing is that I can't enable portable wifi hotspot. it reports "Failed to get transmit power"

Wifi & mobile data are working OK though and Bluetooth tethering turns on OK, I'm not sure how to test if that's working though.

Reactions: Thomas d.
I have found out the Partition I suppose, Its under MI-Recovery 1.1.0 with the 2nd option Wipe&Reset->Update System Partition (3rd option). Please let me know is it correct to get the partitioned before installing the new ROM. Will it help later to back up?

I have found out the Partition I suppose, Its under MI-Recovery 1.1.0 with the 2nd option Wipe&Reset->Update System Partition (3rd option). Please let me know is it correct to get the partitioned before installing the new ROM. Will it help later to back up?
you need to partition in order to be able to use ICS on the MI-ONE. You should backup current stuff to be sure. Then flash 2.3.5k or a relevant GB build at or higher than 2.3.5k.

wohoo I'm alive again.
I was able to flash the miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS version from recovery (ie not the revision c version).
I could then flash the revision c version from with the OS using the updater tool.
Thank heavens.

HI 1080 could you describe the exact steps you used to fix it including the name and location of the files used.
Many thanks.

HI 1080 could you describe the exact steps you used to fix it including the name and location of the files used.
Many thanks.
Hi, rarelyamson I’ll try to explain what I did.
The start point was when I couldn’t boot into either partition – see post 33 above.
I have 2 ROMS in the root of my SD card, file names:
miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip
miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.zip (if you don't have this file I can upload it somewhere for you if you provide a location)

1. Power off phone (I had to pull the battery)
  2. Remove SD card from phone and mount in Windows PC using card reader
  3. In windows, browse to the root of my SD card and rename the file “miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.zip ” to be named “update.zip”
  4. Safely remove the SD card from Windows and insert it in phone
  5. Power on phone and boot into recovery (hold down volume up when pressing the power button to turn on, don’t release volume up until the recovery menu is displayed – takes about 7 seconds)
  6. Navigate the menus in recovery using the volume keys to highlight option and the power button to select highlighted option.
  7. Select Language (English for me)
  8. Main menu > Wipe&Reset > Wipe All Data (takes about 1 minute) > Back to Mainmenu
  9. Main menu > Install update.zip to System One > Yes (takes about 3 minutes)
  10. Main menu > Reboot > Reboot to System One (takes about 3 minutes to boot into OS) (I may have selected System Two here, can’t remember for sure, sorry)
  11. Once in MIUI, I used the ‘Updater” tool to flash the “miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip” ROM from within MIUI, let me know if you need instructions for this.

The funny thing now is that I have ICS on both paritions
One is running miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c and the other is running miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.
However the sys info for both versions is the same so I can't tell which one is which.
The only difference I can find is that on one of the versions the "long press power key" menu is messed up - This is on parition 2 on my device but I don't know which ROM that corresponds to.

Is there a way to differentiate these two releases and is there a way within MIUI to determine which partition you have booted from?

Another possible bug:

I've added a corporate account in 'accounts and sync' this is for my Exchange account on my work's Excahange 2010 server.
The setup went OK and I configured it to sync email and calendar. After this, all my work email is displaying properly in the "Mail" app.

Problem is, when I open the calendar app, there is nothing displayed. If I look in menu > Canendars to display, the only thing listed is "calendar_displayName owner_account_local". If I then click "Calendars to Sync", nothing is listed.
Back in the menu for Calendar, if I enter "settings", my corporate account is listed, but when I select it, "No calendars" is displayed.

Update:
Resolved - I had to set the account to 'push' to make the calendar populate. It's not my preference to use push but I guess it's OK.
Settings > Accounts & Sync > (my Exchange account) > Account Settings > (my Exchange account) > Inbox check frequency > (set to "Automatic (Push)")

Hi, rarelyamson I’ll try to explain what I did.
The start point was when I couldn’t boot into either partition – see post 33 above.
I have 2 ROMS in the root of my SD card, file names:
miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip
miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.zip (if you don't have this file I can upload it somewhere for you if you provide a location)

1. Power off phone (I had to pull the battery)
  2. Remove SD card from phone and mount in Windows PC using card reader
  3. In windows, browse to the root of my SD card and rename the file “miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9-ICS.zip ” to be named “update.zip”
  4. Safely remove the SD card from Windows and insert it in phone
  5. Power on phone and boot into recovery (hold down volume up when pressing the power button to turn on, don’t release volume up until the recovery menu is displayed – takes about 7 seconds)
  6. Navigate the menus in recovery using the volume keys to highlight option and the power button to select highlighted option.
  7. Select Language (English for me)
  8. Main menu > Wipe&Reset > Wipe All Data (takes about 1 minute) > Back to Mainmenu
  9. Main menu > Install update.zip to System One > Yes (takes about 3 minutes)
  10. Main menu > Reboot > Reboot to System One (takes about 3 minutes to boot into OS) (I may have selected System Two here, can’t remember for sure, sorry)
  11. Once in MIUI, I used the ‘Updater” tool to flash the “miuiandroid_mione-2.3.9c.zip” ROM from within MIUI, let me know if you need instructions for this.

Many thanks Dude, I'll give it a go when I get a second!

Been improving the script and translated more stuff. Expect a hotfix tomorrow :)

Thanks Mark, looking forward to it.
I think I've found another problem: ES File Explorer won't run.
This is the best app I've found for accessing my Windows (Samba) shares which doesn't seem to be a function in the MIUI file explorer.
When I try to launch it, I get:
"Unfortuantely, ES File Explorer has stopped."

2.3.16: Getting a lot of "android.process.acore" FC's with this one. Seems to start with contacts and get progressively worse. Pretty unusable right now but the camera, music, and lockscreen look sweet.

2.3.16: Getting a lot of "android.process.acore" FC's with this one. Seems to start with contacts and get progressively worse. Pretty unusable right now but the camera, music, and lockscreen look sweet.

Were working on it right now. Lots of difficult errors. Errors appear on full wipe, but don't appear when flashing from one version to next.

No worries. If I can help in any way just say. :) - BTW seems like Mi Recovery has been updated to 2.0 or did I miss something?

No worries. If I can help in any way just say. :) - BTW seems like Mi Recovery has been updated to 2.0 or did I miss something?
I've got a solution but just testing one more big one before posting a how-to for upgrading, seems there could be a bug in .16 if you do a full wipe and flash. I've got a .15 internal build I made which when I flash then the .16 update we've made tonight works great. No more errors / FC's on acore etc.

I'll get this fixed, dont worry, the mi-one is my regular device so I NEED it working too! :)