Release MIUI ROM 2.5.18 ROMS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to Settings>About Phone>>System Udates and check. Make sure you disable monthly updates on Settings.
That's it, you'll see the update and it will start downloading right away.

PS.. instructions are on the first post of this thread.

The Updater with the little MIUI dude and all the Chinese characters...is this MIUIAndroid's update or MIUI China update? I thought MIUI China update would break MIUIAndroid ROMs.

I9100 is fantastic so far. Thank you, great work!

edit: updated throu updater and it worked like a charme, no chinese in the installed rom

OTA not worked for me - SGS2. Phone reboots, starts to installing, but it says "installation aborted" and reboots to miui. Downloading from site, will apply thru cwm.

I go to the updater after following steps for a proper update, and there´s no newer version than mine (I´ve got 2.5.16) anyone else has this problem?thx!

After downloading rom through updater, flash the rom using cwm. The rom is located in /sdcard/downloaded_rom

Yes, but my problem is that I´ve got no newer version than 2.5.16 to download :S

I go to the updater after following steps for a proper update, and there´s no newer version than mine (I´ve got 2.5.16) anyone else has this problem?thx!

If your on 2.5.16 it means your on Chinese. Unless you own an Mi One. So your best bet is to re-download and re-flash manually.

OTA not worked for me - SGS2. Phone reboots, starts to installing, but it says "installation aborted" and reboots to miui. Downloading from site, will apply thru cwm.

Thats because Updater.apk relies on its own Mi-Recovery. Its not compatible with Clockwork Mod Recovery or TWRP, or any other recoveries. We hope this changes soon.

The Updater with the little MIUI dude and all the Chinese characters...is this MIUIAndroid's update or MIUI China update? I thought MIUI China update would break MIUIAndroid ROMs.

We now work with MIUI China and distribute our ROM through their OTA service.

Yeah I´ve got an Mi One. Then I will do it like I did before: update.zip in SDcard and Mi-Recovery :) Thanks!

Note to users :

This is not the place to report issues, hence why we are not replying here.

Use the proper sections of the forum.

Regards

Thats because Updater.apk relies on its own Mi-Recovery. Its not compatible with Clockwork Mod Recovery or TWRP, or any other recoveries. We hope this changes soon.

And How do we get MI recovery? I mean I don't mind doing a clean install from a Samsung Stock Rom if you tell me how to get MI Recovery installed.

I was going to ask the same because since I installed this build no theme is working on my phone. I mean I get CERO changes when I apply any theme.
I was on 2.5.11 which had some compatibility with themes and today I did a Cache and Dalvik wipe before updating to 2.5.18 but as I said, no theme is working for me, and I have checked all the suposedly working themes.
What the hell is MIUI doing??

Status
Not open for further replies.