Release MIUI ROM 2.6.22

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far it freezes on SGS 2 when viewing 'battery stats, phone number etc.' and also when any app asks for root rights at all. (after allowing root). I did 2 full wipes, cleared dalvik cache and even wiped my SD card and internal storage.

Going to do a third wipe after the battery recharges.

EDIT: Will try giving SuperSU root rights from guard manually and see if that fixes that problem.
EDIT AGAIN: Will also try this:

What I call a "full wipe" is:
1. factory reset
2. wipe cache
3. wipe Dalvik
4. format System
5. format data
6. format cache
... and then install fresh rom.
This is just me, making sure that it will be a clean install!
And I always do that! After that I restore my settings and apps (using MIUI backup)!
But with this release It's a nightmare.... bootloops, crashes, FCs!!!
In fact, during first boot install, when it installs apps and such, I had 3-4 bootloops! :((((

I didn't do a wipe that thorough.

I encourage everyone to read the entire thread before posting, so it doesn't get too crowded in here.

In my case on SGS2 the lbe guard doesnt freeze but it grants no root right and dont aks in apps... after trying supersu solution... every app gots rootrights an no askings ... horrible... i swicht back to 6.15 much better release so far !

but thanks for the work you guys do here every week ! i realy thank you...

Lots of methods that have worked with people are in this thread. There is nothing really we can do, we've researched and found nothing that we can change. There is nothing at fault in our scripts, and no true indication of any problem that we can easily solve. The culprit seems to be LBE SEC. You can try opening it and clearing its cache in hopes to re-trigger the ROOT prompts.

yes LBE is the culprit, i "can't" however clear the cache since i wiped my data before installing the update.

i also had a cwm backup of which i upgraded and re downgraded to 2.6.15 however it will be stucked at "starting applications"

Try deleting maps.apk, then full wipe... worked for me! It is stable after 2 hours! fingers crossed ;)
where did you get that information that removing maps would solve it? i mean, i can't seem to think of a reason why.. ehehe.. anyway will try after i wipe my phone again, after i finish typing this.. got nothing to lose anyway..

where did you get that information that removing maps would solve it? i mean, i can't seem to think of a reason why.. ehehe.. anyway will try after i wipe my phone again, after i finish typing this.. got nothing to lose anyway..
someone else was mentioning this earlier in this post, so I tired and it worked!
I mean after deleting maps.apk and full wipe I had a very smooth install without any bootloops and such during first run when it installs apps!

yes LBE is the culprit, i "can't" however clear the cache since i wiped my data before installing the update.

i also had a cwm backup of which i upgraded and re downgraded to 2.6.15 however it will be stucked at "starting applications"

I mean the LBE SEC cache.

Hold Home -> App Manager -> Find LBE SEC -> Clear Cache

someone else was mentioning this earlier in this post, so I tired and it worked!
I mean after deleting maps.apk and full wipe I had a very smooth install without any bootloops and such during first run when it installs apps!
tried it, not working though..

I mean the LBE SEC cache.

Hold Home -> App Manager -> Find LBE SEC -> Clear Cache
i can't seem to find LBE SEC, LBE SEC == LBE? if yes, cache button is grayed out. no cache available..

I replaced the lbe sec apk with the one from 2.6.15. Was autostarts in it because I cannot find it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ok guys my SGS2 was having the freezing problems too but I think I found a solution. After you do the full wipe and install the rom, go into the play store. Enter your information and download Super SU. Open the app and it will ask for root, which should cause ur phone to freeze. After it reboots, go into the LBE Guard app and manually give the Super SU app root permission. Go into the the Super SU app, update the binary (its does this automatically) and done! Hopefully ur SGS2 wont freeze anymore :D
it worked and now my phone works flawless, thanks for the instructions

Reactions: AlwaysAndroid
It's worked great for me. Just simple update with no wipe.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

deleted maps.apk in s2 and its work. The contact icon is so cool, keep up the good job miui..:D

I tried 2.6.22 on my sg2 and it keeps rebooting, installed twice and 3rd time overwrote the kernel with siyah, still no joy had to revert back to .15

Thanks again! i have been using this ROM since version 1.xx on my S2. But now having moved to a Galaxy Note may I ask if there are any news on the official MIUI for Galaxy Note that was in testing phase as of the last time I read about it? Thanks a lot and sorry for my english!

hi all.. i have a Motorola Defy phone and am currently on 2.4.20. Did you guys stop supporting Defy. Because I don't get any updates :(
Even in your website, it's not listed in the 2.6.x updates. please don't tell me that you end of lived Defy :(

okay ,here is:
full wipers of sgs2! last night l was cleaning completly my sgs2.and l mean full format just to see how's the rom behavior into a brand new clean device...and l notice :
1.long time to first boot (about 3 min on miui logo)
after boot 10 min passed l rebooted it
2.normal boot
another 10 min passed l coppied some files on internal sd,reboot again
3. normal boot
another 10 min passed l was conected to wi fi and signed in to google(for my contacts only) and rebooted again
4. normal boot
another 10 min and l was installed a launcher and some apps without any permission issue and worked fine ...just some laggy things like l posted before.NO Issue at all!
Conclusion: because of the new feature of lbe permission (boot) it need time to read all the stuff on your device ,so be patient atleast on his first boot! if you do a full wipe data factory and on the first boot when the lockscreen appear you go prompt to unlock and then you say "s**t ,l don't like this theme ...let's change that ...or vibrate on touch... let's change that..."or going to restore backups rightaway it's totaly wrong! give a little time to your machine!!! l know it's a dual core and 1 gb of ram but that cpu don't even have a cooler ! and heats! let him warm down a bit! l bet you guys have a lot of stuff into your sd cards so let the device to read that alone! it need a bit time for that
when its freeze just keep power button presed until shutting down let him a bit then power on and let it to load alone in peace.
l know what l'm saying and l'm sure about it.just do the things like l listed above

Thanks again! i have been using this ROM since version 1.xx on my S2. But now having moved to a Galaxy Note may I ask if there are any news on the official MIUI for Galaxy Note that was in testing phase as of the last time I read about it? Thanks a lot and sorry for my english!

It was delayed due to problems. It may be another week or two.

Reactions: RodriTihuana
Status
Not open for further replies.