MIUI ROM 2.8.3 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed after full wipe (wipe data/factory reset, using 4EXT recovery touch). Cannot go past HTC screen. Am I missing something. Please help.

Incredible S
Revolutionary
S-OFF
HBOOT-6.13.1002

you need to upgrade your hboot to 2.0 (Blackrose), ICS require lil large partition size, i have attached a link below see if it helps you, once hboot is updated then flash miui

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1435136&page=3
http://www.mod2xtreme.com/showthrea...volutonary-s-off-to-new-hboot-2-00-0000-s-off

ibot, i am still having same problem with my Incredible S, after flashing rom i get error 'com.android.process' stop working and continues to popup, is there anything i have missed

com.android.phone.
android.process.media.
these service is crashing

plus it also showing no signal

i flashed using CWM, HBOOT 2 (Black rose)

I managed to get MIUIv4 working on a HTC Incredible S, I re-flashed to ARHD 3.0.1 and then wipe data/reset factory and wipe cache/dalvik.

Then only I flash MIUIv4 again. However I can't seems to turn on WiFi. Anyone having the same problem?

ibot, i am still having same problem with my Incredible S, after flashing rom i get error 'com.android.process' stop working and continues to popup, is there anything i have missed

com.android.phone.
android.process.media.
these service is crashing

plus it also showing no signal

i flashed using CWM, HBOOT 2 (Black rose)

Kassim, do like what I did, you should not have issue after that. Now I am just having problem turning on the WiFi.

Kassim, do like what I did, you should not have issue after that. Now I am just having problem turning on the WiFi.

hey sohlican, i guess we need stock htc kernel before flashing miui right? i am already using htc ics sense 4.0 rom.
i cant stay without using WIFI :eek: , is the problem with rom or with kernel..??

hey sohlican, i guess we need stock htc kernel before flashing miui right? i am already using htc ics sense 4.0 rom.
i cant stay without using WIFI :eek: , is the problem with rom or with kernel..??

Yes, we do need the stock kernel before flashing. I downloaded the ROM before the System UI update, so I just redownloaded and flashing again. I'll see if WiFi can be turned on after this. Fingers cross :)

I loose my wifi when I have 2.8.3 on so had to go back to 2.7.27 plus when I downloaded 2.8.3 I got alarm bells on my browser saying it was harmful!

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using Tapatalk 2

Yes, we do need the stock kernel before flashing. I downloaded the ROM before the System UI update, so I just redownloaded and flashing again. I'll see if WiFi can be turned on after this. Fingers cross :)
hey one more thing i am using cwm version 4.xxx, do i need to update to latest and try again..?

Post bug report in our bug section, then we can pass it directly to the engineers.

iBotPeaches,what about multilang ROMs I didn't understand how it will be... Would it be like small CWM flashible ZIPs with only translated apps and framework or what?

iBotPeaches,what about multilang ROMs I didn't understand how it will be... Would it be like small CWM flashible ZIPs with only translated apps and framework or what?
it is a flashable pack which goes over the main ROM. DO NOT Wipe, simply install 2.8.3 then wait for the multi pack flashable zips to be posted, go into recovery, flash it and your set!

Thanks,
Mark

Reactions: Vlaaaad
it is a flashable pack which goes over the main ROM. DO NOT Wipe, simply install 2.8.3 then wait for the multi pack flashable zips to be posted, go into recovery, flash it and your set!

Thanks,
Mark
Thank you for your answer!

I have a problem... when i try to install the zip from sdcard on my galaxy s3, it says assert failed: getprop(" ro.product.device") =="m0" || getprop(" ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "galaxy s3" .....................( repeats)
E:Error in /sdcard/Android/miuiandroid_m0 2.8.3.zip (status 7) installation aborted

MarkHUK can you make a nice job and upload actual rom for meizu? beta or not, is no problem.

I have a problem... when i try to install the zip from sdcard on my galaxy s3, it says assert failed: getprop(" ro.product.device") =="m0" || getprop(" ro.build.product") == "m0" || getprop ("ro.product.device") == "galaxy s3" .....................( repeats)
E:Error in /sdcard/Android/miuiandroid_m0 2.8.3.zip (status 7) installation aborted
Do u use CWM recovery TOUCH ??
Use this version http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1684535

Reactions: Flavio
Hi, thank you for your wonderful rom, i just wanted to ask if the ota update will be available? thanks...

Thanks for updating, SGS2 is working perfect now.
Can anyone please tell me on which Sammy firmware version is latest MIUI based on?? And is it necessary also to flash gapps? (I'm on a galaxy i9100)
Thanks a lot on advance!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100 usando Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.