Xiaomi MIUIv5 for Xiaomi MI-2 coming next Friday 3.3.1 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingbrzy

Xiaomi.eu Project Leader
Staff member
Feb 11, 2012
Hey MIUIers,

MIUI 3.2.22 will be the last dev version of MIUI V4. Just like MIUI 2.3, MIUI V4 will become history.
If eveything goes well, MIUI V5 for Xiaomi MI-2 will be released next Friday, 1st March!!
MIUI V5 for other devices with MIUI 4.1 will be released in late March or early April.

All MIUIv4 ICS devices will be dropped...
ONLY devices with official stock JB firmware will get MIUIv5...

Please stay tuned.

To port other devices will not hard I think. I know because I ported v4 for some devices easily.. "proxuser" in xda :)

Reactions: kekkojoker90
To port other devices will not hard I think. I know because I ported v4 for some devices easily.. "proxuser" in xda :)

Yeap, you changed the nick here :) good to see you again, and yes, i know you can do some porting "magic".. ;)

Hey MIUIers,

MIUI 3.2.22 will be the last dev version of MIUI V4. Just like MIUI 2.3, MIUI V4 will become history.
If eveything goes well, MIUI V5 for Xiaomi MI-2 will be released next Friday, 1st March!!
MIUI V5 for other devices with MIUI 4.1 will be released in late March or early April.

All MIUIv4 ICS devices will be dropped...
ONLY devices with official stock JB firmware will get MIUIv5...

Please stay tuned.

MIUI 3.2.22 is MIUI V4, so confusing, MIUIv5 should be MIUI 5.1 or something, not MIUI 4.1.
Otherwise, great mobile OS. I'm waiting for SGS2 JB.

MIUI 3.2.22 is MIUI V4, so confusing, MIUIv5 should be MIUI 5.1 or something, not MIUI 4.1.
Otherwise, great mobile OS. I'm waiting for SGS2 JB.
MIUIv4 = ICS last 3.2.22
MIUIv4.1 = JB last 3.2.22
MIUIv5 = JB first 3.3.1

Reactions: pongnamu
will be based on 4.1+

4.1 is overall regarded as the stable build. 4.2.2 is the latest but not the greatest and may have some hidden bugs unknown, in time MIUI v5 will move to 4.2 as per vendor.

I dont think many are ready for the 4.2+ sdcard shift.. yet

Reactions: ingbrzy
So from now on I will be pushed to flash 4.1 MIUI from XDA to be up-to-date...or have to buy new phone :-D

Any news about MIUI based on 4.2.x? Not really complaining here, but SELinux would contribute tremendously to the OS security.

will be based on 4.1+

4.1 is overall regarded as the stable build. 4.2.2 is the latest but not the greatest and may have some hidden bugs unknown, in time MIUI v5 will move to 4.2 as per vendor.

I dont think many are ready for the 4.2+ sdcard shift.. yet

So no 4.2 even for MI2? what's the point then. Might as well keep calling it MIUI4.1

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 2

I dont care about android version. I use M2 as dialy phone and don't have any bugs. So whats 4.2 for?

Reactions: ingbrzy
I somewhat agree....i also have been using Mi2 as only phone with no issues(spare the odd graphical glitch once in a while)..The only thing i was really saying is that if V5 is not 4.2 then it does not justify the version jump(from V4.1 to V5)....Anytime i heard about V5 i assumed it would bump up android version to latest. if not what was the point is what my mind was saying.... Android 4.2 brings new features(lock screen widgets is only one i can think of right now) and also improved security.

Status
Not open for further replies.