[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
On my droid 1 this mod doesn't work. It takes me to a bootloop. It used to work flawlesly, but now it wont

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear that. Is it the same for the Non Overscroll version? PM me if you can't get it working, there are a few things we can try..

Thats exactly whats needed - this bit in particular

Code:
D/dalvikvm( 4379): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 20K, 47% free 2854K/5379K, external 523K/524K, paused 29ms
D/AndroidRuntime( 4379): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 4379): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40015568)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create service com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown pattern character 'o'
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:1972)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2500(ActivityThread.java:117)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:985)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:130)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3703)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown pattern character 'o'
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.validateFormat(SimpleDateFormat.java:269)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.validatePattern(SimpleDateFormat.java:310)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:370)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:254)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView.updateClock(DateView.java:65)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView.enableAlternative(DateView.java:90)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService.enableAlternative(StatusBarService.java:859)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService.updateViewsInStatusBar(StatusBarService.java:780)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService.setAreThereNotifications(StatusBarService.java:771)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService.makeStatusBarView(StatusBarService.java:397)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at com.android.systemui.statusbar.StatusBarService.onCreate(StatusBarService.java:257)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	at android.app.ActivityThread.handleCreateService(ActivityThread.java:1962)
E/AndroidRuntime( 4379): 	... 10 more
D/dalvikvm( 4487): GC_EXPLICIT freed 209K, 49% free 2816K/5511K, external 0K/0K, paused 100ms
I/AlarmManager( 2753): wakelock acquire, uid:10173 at elapsed real time: 211072
I/OnAlarmReceiver( 4487): onReceive...
I/AlarmManager( 2753): wakelock release, uid:10173 at elapsed real time: 211097

Can someone pretty please post link for non-scrolling version 1.10.14?

sent from my S-OFFed Pyramid

It used to be that the Framework.jar was pretty much the same for all devices. That is no longer the case. I wish I had a team of people to make device specific versions of this mod, but I don't. So instead I created a version that includes the framework.jar and one that doesn't..

I know you showed me the edits needed in framework.jar and i did it a few times for my NS4G and it works so I'll volunteer to make this every week for that device (NS4G)

Just shoot me a PM if you'd like me to do that

Sent from my Google Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Just curious if it is possible to take the way the status bar is stock and have a switched mod? Clock and signal/data on the left and carrier and notifications on the right? Thanks for the mod!

V3 is now available. It's for those of you having FC issues. If the mod is working fine for you there is no need to upgrade to v3.

V3 is now available. It's for those of you having FC issues. If the mod is working fine for you there is no need to upgrade to v3.

Great! Thanks Andy, now it works with Galaxy SII (i had to mount system again, it was bugged for the first time i think)

My wallpapers quit scrolling also? I really want to figure out how to get rid of this mod!!!! Any help? You have skipped over my questions twice?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

My wallpapers quit scrolling also? I really want to figure out how to get rid of this mod!!!! Any help? You have skipped over my questions twice?

It's not rocket science, just reapply the latest version of MIUI.

Yeah... Not sure what was going on! I had tried to flash the update 2 different times with no change? my mms were not working last night with your mod installed... Now I'm back to stock and they are working?

Thanks!
Chris

No Signal

Hey Andy, I posted before about my signal icon on the status bar not showing any signal, when in fact I do have signal. Without the advanced settings mod it works fine but when I flash the extended settings, it shows as if I have no signal... the icon is there, but the bars are not lit up to show me any signal.

What can I do? Is it possible for me to send one of those logcats everyone keeps posting? Or is it something obvious that I am missing? Everything else works fine.

Please help, I really like your mod, I don't know where things went wrong and started doing this. It all happened around the time when I flashed the overscrolling (when it was first introduced) and I started getting a bunch of force closes, and when I flashed the non overscrolling that problem presented itself. I have reflashed MIUI and the problem dissapears, but as soon as I flash extended settings, It appears as if I have no signal.

Hey Andy, I posted before about my signal icon on the status bar not showing any signal, when in fact I do have signal. Without the advanced settings mod it works fine but when I flash the extended settings, it shows as if I have no signal... the icon is there, but the bars are not lit up to show me any signal.

What can I do? Is it possible for me to send one of those logcats everyone keeps posting? Or is it something obvious that I am missing? Everything else works fine.

Please help, I really like your mod, I don't know where things went wrong and started doing this. It all happened around the time when I flashed the overscrolling (when it was first introduced) and I started getting a bunch of force closes, and when I flashed the non overscrolling that problem presented itself. I have reflashed MIUI and the problem dissapears, but as soon as I flash extended settings, It appears as if I have no signal.

If you have a Fascinate, there have been solutions posted.

Tap'd via SGS + MIUI

Block system voicemail notification???

I've got the ghost voicemail notification in my status bar. Is there a chance this could be modified to block it? The only other listed solution is to disable the phone, reprovision an old phone, delete voicemail...etc. This would be a much simpler solution, and a lot of people would really appreciate it. ;)

Works great on my defy 1.10.28

Hi Andy,

I would like to let you know that it works great on my Defy.

A question, what is the font that is in the screen shots?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.