[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
v3

apologize if this was already discussed. v3 only has overscroll and non-overscroll. is this clock centered?

thanks and again apologize if this is a repost....checked but didn't see it.

Andy, again, thanks for all the hard work.

apologize if this was already discussed. v3 only has overscroll and non-overscroll. is this clock centered?

thanks and again apologize if this is a repost....checked but didn't see it.

Andy, again, thanks for all the hard work.

You can now choose one of three layouts from within the App itself.

1. load v3
2. Open MIUI Control Panel
3. Click StatusBar Layout
4. Choose Right, Center or Switched from the list
5. Either reboot or go to theme manager, edit theme, statusbar, apply.
6. Your chosen layout will appear..

V3 is now available. It's for those of you having FC issues. If the mod is working fine for you there is no need to upgrade to v3.

Hey Andy,
Tried version 3 and its still not working. I dont know if its a specific issue with this MIUI Rom (Official Galaxy S II Rom from MIUI). It just got released. It still force closes on startup and I have to reflash the rom again. were you able to get a logcat from somebody for the galaxy s II?

Followed Instructions, am I missing something?

Hey guys, sorry if this is repetitive, but I re-flashed MIUI 1.10.28 on Samsung Fascinate, flashed v3 Overscroll booted up, selected "Center" from status bar layout, rebooted, and status bar is still not there.

Kept reading through the forum, went through Theme Manager>Status Bar and selected a new one and STILL no status bar.

Went BACK in, re-flashed MIUI (this time mounting /System and /Data) and same thing - no luck.
Am I missing something, perhaps a thread I over-looked with the answer? I don't know how to make a Logcat but can if I'm told how (if that's necessary).

Any ideas???
Thanks in advance!~

Rzrecovery. Get a Error Status 2. I tried both fixes in the original post but neither worked. I have a OG Droid running MIUI 1.10.28
Any help? Tried the non overscroll version

Hey guys, sorry if this is repetitive, but I re-flashed MIUI 1.10.28 on Samsung Fascinate, flashed v3 Overscroll booted up, selected "Center" from status bar layout, rebooted, and status bar is still not there.

Kept reading through the forum, went through Theme Manager>Status Bar and selected a new one and STILL no status bar.

Went BACK in, re-flashed MIUI (this time mounting /System and /Data) and same thing - no luck.
Am I missing something, perhaps a thread I over-looked with the answer? I don't know how to make a Logcat but can if I'm told how (if that's necessary).

Any ideas???
Thanks in advance!~

Have a look a few posts up. (Post 1872) There is a link to a Fascinate specific version of this mod.

Hey Andy,
Tried version 3 and its still not working. I dont know if its a specific issue with this MIUI Rom (Official Galaxy S II Rom from MIUI). It just got released. It still force closes on startup and I have to reflash the rom again. were you able to get a logcat from somebody for the galaxy s II?

V3 was reported working on the Galaxy S II. Maybe someone who got it working can explain the procedure?

Awesome, thank-you!

Edit: Right, I originally used those links to download these versions. (v3)
I tried Overscroll, non-Overscroll, mounting...

Hi, got a great problem here..
I tried installing the overscrolling version on my xperia x10 with miui 1.10.28 rom, then flashed also a multilanguage pack to have italian.
After that now my phone has a fc on status bar, "process com.android.systemui has stopped".
If I wipe everything and reflash the rom without multilang, everything comes back with no problems, but if I now reinstall multilang I get everytime fc on status bar.
The question is: is there a way to eradicate this mod from the phone in order to use my rom with other lang than english?

Hi, got a great problem here..
I tried installing the overscrolling version on my xperia x10 with miui 1.10.28 rom, then flashed also a multilanguage pack to have italian.
After that now my phone has a fc on status bar, "process com.android.systemui has stopped".
If I wipe everything and reflash the rom without multilang, everything comes back with no problems, but if I now reinstall multilang I get everytime fc on status bar.
The question is: is there a way to eradicate this mod from the phone in order to use my rom with other lang than english?

If you've wiped and reflashed the ROM, then this mod would no longer be there. It seems that your problem may be with the multilang mod you're using. Contact the multilang's dev

If you've wiped and reflashed the ROM, then this mod would no longer be there. It seems that your problem may be with the multilang mod you're using. Contact the multilang's dev

yes but before installing the mod the multilang file worked on the rom, i've tried before.

Hey Andy,

Are you using the Chinese version? There are 2 official versions right now, the fix only works with the English version of MIUI not the Chinese one, I tried it on the Chinese version and it still had the FC problems, re-flash it to the English one and it should work.

http://miuiandroid.com/roms/miui-development-roms/

working well on my Evo 4G

Andy,

Thanks for this mod. After flashing the Overscroll.v3 my status bar disappeared completely, so I wiped, restored and flashed the Non_Overscroll.v3 and everything has worked flawlessly on my EVO 4G so far. One question though - why isn't this "baked" into the ROM? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

Whatever the answer, thanks for your hard work. I'll be donating as soon as I submit this post. :)

Are you using the Chinese version? There are 2 official versions right now, the fix only works with the English version of MIUI not the Chinese one, I tried it on the Chinese version and it still had the FC problems, re-flash it to the English one and it should work.

http://miuiandroid.com/roms/miui-development-roms/

Thank you so much for your response! that was the issue, it seems like chinese version was acting up with this mod. I flashed the miuiandroid one and it worked perfectly. Thanks Andy for such a great mod!

Can you be more specific? Is it halfway through this thread? in the first 100 posts or the last half?

RickS has threads at XDA and RootzWiki in the Fascinate section. He's also posted in this thread, but I'm not sure what versions he's released here. So check those threads for the latest and best releases. Most of us have had the best luck with 1.9.16 and he is keeping that legacy version updated with the latest features.

Tap'd via SGS + MIUI

I had a weird issue; flashed ES w/o O/S and the widgets would not alighn properly to the grid anymore -- icons obeyed the grid, but ALL widgets were offset to the left??? Any clues? Also, how does one enable denser launcher in MIUI? Ie. 4x5 or 5x5 grid. Thanks for any help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.