[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading back

Reading back through the latest couple pages of this forum will reveal we are using ES-2.2.10 but there seems to be a couple bugs.

I am not holding my breath about a GB MIUI-2.3.2 but would love it to become the stable as it is my birthday.

Many thanks for the donation. It was unnecessary but VERY much appreciated.

I haven't released an update for a while, mostly because it has not been needed. MIUI GB hasn't really changed in weeks apart from a tweak here and there. Also, I think people forget that this is NOT my job, it's a hobby, it's really boring for me to do the same mod week in, week out. I need a fresh challenge, luckily for me ICS came along which will keep me interested for a while..

Having said that, because of your generosity and providing a 2.3.2 version released I will do an update for it. Please don't expect it 5 minutes after the ROM is released. This mod impacts many files and it takes a lot of time to do.

Also note that if anyone want a bug looking into, you're going to have to help me to help you, telling me that something doesn't work is useless to me. If you find a bug back it up with Logcat's if you can or at the very least screenshots of the issue so I can see what's going on.

Andy

PS. Happy Birthday...

I am also convinced that MIUI GB is already very close to stable version, and therefore it would be great if everything worked as it should, including Andy's superb modifications.​
I made this package for myself and for MIUI Poland users some time ago. I thought Andy prepares his own, but I see that he even does not answer to requests and questions (due to work and his own life, I suppose). The Annex contains a revised framework.jar (overscroll version), fixed SystemUI.apk (working Toggles) and modified android.policy.jar (4wayreboot and Volume + mods included).​
Tested by me on the SGS and also by other MIUI Poland users on their full spectrum of phones. (The files contain Polish, but English translations are also stored so You should have no problem with the installation by CWM, except for a few Polish subtitles during process - nothing You should worry about.)​
Andy, I hope that You have not completed the full adventure with the mods for MIUI GB version? You're still the best :)
Recent errors from the toggles were not due to errors in the modification itself, but the vicious SystemUI.apk in MIUI 2.2.10. Fixed in version 2.2.17 by adding the appropriate smali files (StatusBarToggles.smali, StatusBarToggles$2.smali, TrackingView.smali, TrackingView$2.smali, TrackingView$3.smali).

Reactions: P00t
I am also convinced that MIUI GB is already very close to stable version, and therefore it would be great if everything worked as it should, including Andy's superb modifications.​
I made this package for myself and for MIUI Poland users some time ago. I thought Andy prepares his own, but I see that he even does not answer to requests and questions (due to work and his own life, I suppose). The Annex contains a revised framework.jar (overscroll version), fixed SystemUI.apk (working Toggles) and modified android.policy.jar (4wayreboot and Volume + mods included).​
Tested by me on the SGS and also by other MIUI Poland users on their full spectrum of phones. (The files contain Polish, but English translations are also stored so You should have no problem with the installation by CWM, except for a few Polish subtitles during process - nothing You should worry about.)​
Andy, I hope that You have not completed the full adventure with the mods for MIUI GB version? You're still the best :)
Recent errors from the toggles were not due to errors in the modification itself, but the vicious SystemUI.apk in MIUI 2.2.10. Fixed in version 2.2.17 by adding the appropriate smali files (StatusBarToggles.smali, StatusBarToggles$2.smali, TrackingView.smali, TrackingView$2.smali, TrackingView$3.smali).

Thanks Kunon.. Much appreciated. That will save me a lot of time.. :eek:)

At Your service, sir. :)

It seems that there are only a few cosmetic changes in the new version 2.3.2 (in the text strings of SystemUI.apk), so the above CWM package should also work fine in the latest MIUI version (including frameworks).

Long press vol. up (next song) or vol. down (previous song) while screen is off and playing. Track switching work, just checked.

Yes it work, idk if all settings work but im sure for center clock, alarm off headphones icon offz clock color change.

@P00t

Maybe You just did not read carefully enough what I wrote few post above (or my English is not as good as I thought ;)). Yes it should work flawlessly on the newest MIUI version because there wasn't any major changes in files of 2.3.2 where modifications are hidden.

All Andy's mods are inside: Volume+, 4wayreboot (3-way reboot in case of SGS and Droid), Extended Settings (everything - color change, statusbar icons/clock position etc.), modified Launcher2 and overscroll. In the framework.jar is also T9 implementation, but I'm not sure this will work for every one of You (this is prepared primarily for the Polish language). Last but not least - ICS Animation Transitions.

Everything what You may need for MIUI and were afraid to ask. ;)

In the future you can look for these mods-pack on http://miuipolska.pl/miuipolska-dodatki/

@P00t

Maybe You just did not read carefully enough what I wrote few post above (or my English is not as good as I thought ;)). Yes it should work flawlessly on the newest MIUI version because there wasn't any major changes in files of 2.3.2 where modifications are hidden.

All Andy's mods are inside: Volume+, 4wayreboot (3-way reboot in case of SGS and Droid), Extended Settings (everything - color change, statusbar icons/clock position etc.), modified Launcher2 and overscroll. In the framework.jar is also T9 implementation, but I'm not sure this will work for every one of You (this is prepared primarily for the Polish language). Last but not least - ICS Animation Transitions.

Everything what You may need for MIUI and were afraid to ask. ;)

In the future you can look for these mods-pack on http://miuipolska.pl/miuipolska-dodatki/

i dont know about anyone but i dont have a statusbar, i cant even access my notification bar.

so i added the miui mods.zip with all the above stuff added, i didnt get any force closes or anything but i also didnt have a statusbar and because there was no statusbar i couldnt access my toggles or notifications...anyone else have that problem...i have a tmobile g2

I using original MIUI rom version 2.2.24. Try to flash extended setting overscoll/no overscoll version 2.2.10 but give me systemui FC. No status bar at all. Anybody here can help to advice?

Hello, dp4u4umi6ev

Look at statusbar data toggle button it doesnt work correctly. i fixed it in 2.3.2 files

Greets
Dragon

As promised the Latest Version is now available. There is an extra feature this week but only in the Overscroll Version as it involved changing the framework.jar. It's the ICS feature for removing individual notifications. Hope you like it..

Awesome job Andy, but it seems the "slide to dismiss notifications" feature is not working. The animation works, but the notification doesn't go away. Also, when my USB cord is plugged in, I get 2 notifications for Mount SD Card, the MIUI version with the slide toggle, and the stock Android one.

Awesome job Andy, but it seems the "slide to dismiss notifications" feature is not working. The animation works, but the notification doesn't go away.

Hi.. You have to drag it quite far plus it doesn't work for system notifications..

Hi.. You have to drag it quite far plus it doesn't work for system notifications..

I'm pretty much swiping from edge to edge of my touchscreen.

Also, when my USB cord is plugged in, I get 2 notifications for Mount SD Card, the MIUI version with the slide toggle, and the stock Android one.

OK, I was finally able to swipe away a Titanium Backup notification. So it does work, it's just tricky.

As promised the Latest Version is now available. There is an extra feature this week but only in the Overscroll Version as it involved changing the framework.jar. It's the ICS feature for removing individual notifications. Hope you like it..
Andy,

Thanks for the update. Toggles work as expected. I am really pleased about the swipe to dismiss, I have been really hoping for this one.

Unfortunately I get status bar FC when I attempt to push a notification right off the side. I attempted to upload logcat.miuiandroid.com but seemed to fail, so I uploaded to my website at https://y42.biz/2012-03-04-12-56-12.txt

Please let me know if you need me to do any testing for you.

Thanks,

R,

arjag

Andy,

Thanks for the update. Toggles work as expected. I am really pleased about the swipe to dismiss, I have been really hoping for this one.

Unfortunately I get status bar FC when I attempt to push a notification right off the side. I attempted to upload logcat.miuiandroid.com but seemed to fail, so I uploaded to my website at https://y42.biz/2012-03-04-12-56-12.txt

Please let me know if you need me to do any testing for you.

Thanks,

R,

arjag
Hi
Try re-downloading the over scroll zip and flashing again.
Also, wipe the dalvik cache.

Let me know how that goes.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.