[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not working on my o2x

I got status 0. i try to mount systen. but will not install. Any help?

what I found out (regarding clock options)

s = seconds
m = minutes
h = hour
M = month
d = day
y = year
a = AM

I found out more but forgot. I'll post more as I go

right now mine's is EEEE M.d

and the result is Monday 8.23

Thanks Andy I really like the iPhone style mod. I just disabled the carrier for now until it's updated. Good work.

Sent from my MIUI Fascinate.

hello andy just try LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19, but I dock icons disappear
as I can put back on the desktop

(galaxy s)

hello andy just try LauncherMod.v1.0-1.8.19, but I dock icons disappear
as I can put back on the desktop

(galaxy s)

It's very unlikely that it would work with the stable version. That's not based on 1.8.19 so all the resources will be different. Sorry about that.

I updated to 1.8.19 and now I'm happy :) So much cleaner look, thanks Andy! By the way, would it be hard to add feature to remove icon labels? This is something what I have yearn for long time and I think I'm not alone.

Problems with x10i

Hi

I've tried this mod on my X10i running 1.8.19. Works perfect the first time, but if I try to reboot it goes into a stuttering bootanimation and everything just stops. According to the logcat it seems like the system goes into a loop.

Anybody else tried this and got it to work? All I have tried to change was setting my own lastname as carrier and removing clock, nothing more.

I used the file StatusBarMods.v1-1.8.19.zip

This flashable zip is for Optimus 2x only.
what you can try is taking an old (last week should be ok) build of the mod and put in it the "system" folder from this week's release. then flash the zip as usual.
Just to make clear... You will end with this week's contents in last weeks flashable zip.
Oh I didn't realize that. Thanks a lot, it worked!

I updated to 1.8.19 and now I'm happy :) So much cleaner look, thanks Andy! By the way, would it be hard to add feature to remove icon labels? This is something what I have yearn for long time and I think I'm not alone.

Glad you like it.. As for Icon Labels, you might like Fridays update!! :eek:

Hello. Can anyone help me with this? I feel really stupid, but is there anyone who can give me step by step on this? I had been eternally grateful.

1- Open Andy's mod and the attached zip side by side
2- Drag the "system" folder from Andy's mod and drop it in the attached zip
3- put the new System_appO2x.zip in your SD card
4- Flash it from recovery
5- Enjoy Andy's Great mod!!

Tnx a lot roenano :) Work perfectly. You saved my day...

1- Open Andy's mod and the attached zip side by side
2- Drag the "system" folder from Andy's mod and drop it in the attached zip
3- put the new System_appO2x.zip in your SD card
4- Flash it from recovery
5- Enjoy Andy's Great mod!!

Stuck on boot loop after i flashed this. This is going to be maddening to fix. Using Samsung Fascinate...

Hey Andy, could you try to make a version which has the same status bar as this image:
screenshot1314035841234.png

as you can see, the system notification are on the left side, regular notifications are on right side and battery on the right as well..(if you can, keep the provider name/logo on the left side..).. this is not the same code as the original centered clock maker posted in his thread..

XML from the creator of this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background2" android:focusable="true" android:descendantFocusability="afterDescendants" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent"
  xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android">
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.Clock android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="left|center" android:paddingRight="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
    </LinearLayout>
	<LinearLayout android:gravity="left" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/statusIcons" android:paddingLeft="5.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
	<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
   		<com.android.systemui.statusbar.IconMerger android:gravity="right" android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/notificationIcons" android:paddingRight="1.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_weight="1.0" />
	</LinearLayout>
	<LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/icons" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmSignalText android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center_vertical" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingRight="2.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryText android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingLeft="294.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
		<com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmBatteryMiniIcon android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center" android:orientation="horizontal" android:paddingLeft="294.0dip" android:id="@id/CmBatteryMiniIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" />
        <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/buttons" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_left" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_right_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_home" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_home_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep1" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_menu" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_menu_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep2" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_back" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_back_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep3" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_search" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_search_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep4" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_quick_na" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_na_up_bottom" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_sep5" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_sep_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_hide" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_hide_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
            <ImageButton android:id="@id/status_edge_right" android:background="@drawable/ic_statusbar_edge_left_bottom" android:visibility="gone" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" />
        </LinearLayout>
    </LinearLayout>
    <LinearLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:id="@id/ticker" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background2" android:paddingLeft="6.0dip" android:animationCache="false" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
        <ImageSwitcher android:id="@id/tickerIcon" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:layout_marginRight="8.0dip">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.AnimatedImageView android:layout_width="25.0dip" android:layout_height="25.0dip" />
        </ImageSwitcher>
        <com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView android:id="@id/tickerText" android:paddingTop="2.0dip" android:paddingRight="10.0dip" android:layout_width="0.0dip" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_weight="1.0">
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
            <TextView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
        </com.android.systemui.statusbar.TickerView>
    </LinearLayout>
    <com.android.systemui.statusbar.DateView android:textAppearance="@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Icon" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/date" android:background="@drawable/statusbar_background2" android:paddingLeft="6.0px" android:paddingRight="6.0px" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent" android:singleLine="true" />
</com.android.systemui.statusbar.CmStatusBarView>

Hey Andy, could you try to make a version which has the same status bar as this image:
as you can see, the system notification are on the left side, regular notifications are on right side and battery on the right as well..(if you can, keep the provider name/logo on the left side..).. this is not the same code as the original centered clock maker posted in his thread..

Hi..Changing the notifications and signal icons is no problem (try V2 of the iphone style file in the extended settings directory) but getting the battery separate from the signal icons is another matter entirely. I had a look at this for someone else but the amount of code changes required meant there was no way that I could do it every week.
You could get the look you want by applying the iphone style mod and hiding the battery, then install a battery widget that displays an icon in the notifications (which will now be on the right).
Hope that helps, sorry I can't help more...

Haha! I had a feeling that this was possible. God I hope Andy can implement this into his mod.

Edit: LOL just saw Andy's response.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miuiandroid.com forum app

Something weird happen.

When I tried to change my lockscreen to a custom one that I made, the phone froze and the activity crashed. When the phone came back on the status bar was gone. I couldn't get it back. I rebooted and now its back.

Strange, not even if its directly towards ESS though. This is on the Evo 4G MIUI 1.8.19, with ESS 1.8.19

Flash problem on HD2

Hi Andy, i have a little problem when i try to flash your iphonestyle mod (v2) on my HTC HD2 (with MIUI 1.8.19), my recovery say:
installing...
assert failed: is_mounted("/system")
E:Error in /sdcard/iphonestyle.v2-1.8.19.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

I read that i might take an old build of your mod and add the system folder of the actual build and put him in the old. But i don't find your old build in you ftp. So would you please kindly tell me where I can find an old build or directly the modified build or another way to flash your mod on my phone because I'm a little desperate :confused:. Thank you in advance.

Hi..Changing the notifications and signal icons is no problem (try V2 of the iphone style file in the extended settings directory) but getting the battery separate from the signal icons is another matter entirely. I had a look at this for someone else but the amount of code changes required meant there was no way that I could do it every week.
You could get the look you want by applying the iphone style mod and hiding the battery, then install a battery widget that displays an icon in the notifications (which will now be on the right).
Hope that helps, sorry I can't help more...

Thanks , i hadn't seen it before you told me (iphone v2).. downloaded battery widget, so the only thing left, is moving the provider name to the left as well and its perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.