[MOD] Extended Settings Menu Options

How would you like the Overscroll Effect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck flashing ok my MT4G. I even tried copying all files manually and setting ownership /permissions via ADB shell.

Damn, you're seriously awesome.
Is there any way that you could make it possible to change the over scroll color too?

"Without man, there is no problem, no man no problem."

Damn, you're seriously awesome.
Is there any way that you could make it possible to change the over scroll color too?

I'm pretty sure the overscroll colour is an image file so I couldn't have a colour picker for it (you'd need images in every possible colour!) I'm sure you should be able to change the image to a different colour via Theme Manager though...

Andy, i've tried to mod in my theme your app....this black icons to white, but it haven't apply properly. Isn't it com.miui.control.panel???

sent from eS-OFFed Desire

Yes "com.miui.control.panel" is correct.. I don't know much about Theme Manager I'm afraid but I'll try it myself to see what happens??

No luck flashing ok my MT4G. I even tried copying all files manually and setting ownership /permissions via ADB shell.

Sounds like you've tried everything I would have done. After pushing with ADB do you get an error? Or are the changes just not applying?

Hi Andy Thompson, I currently develop on MIUI for the Droid X, for which I recently ported 1.9.9.

It has become apparent that all ROMS using the native android Radio Layer Interface suffer from an "Airplane Mode Bug" as it is called, in which, when the phone is in an area of low signal, it will sometimes more or less randomly lose radio power. Wifi will still work, but the phone will lose bars (there will be no airplane in the signal bars, there will be an X instead). Additionally, Airplane Mode will be toggled on, and will not respond to toggling off, and so the user will be required to reboot or force close telephony service in order to restore connection. More information here: http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/d...airplane-mode-bug-technical-analysis-fix.html

This was one of the most talked about bugs on MIUI on the Droid X, even causing some people to switch to different roms. Anyway, I was able to fix the bug after a week of work and help from a test group of users, but my fix lies inside framework.jar. In today's update, it seems you now include a framework.jar file in your extended settings, which a lot of people use on MIUI on the Droid X. So the problem is that anyone who applies your Mod will now overwrite my fix by replacing the framework.jar.

I was hoping that if I give you my smali edits (only a single method in a single class need be edited), you'll be able to incorporate this into your framework.jar and future framework.jars. This will provide the benefit of your Mod also fixing the Airplane Bug, and in addition, it will prevent your mod from giving Droid X users the Airplane Bug by overwriting my fix inside my port.

Thanks for your time.

Anyone else succesfully used this mod on the nexus s ? I did not have problems using the previous versions, but the 1.9.9 version makes my phone stuck on the google logo .. tried using another bootscript, copying the files via adb but everything I try makes my phone stuck at google bootlogo

that's probably because the mod now includes its own framework.jar, which is incompatible with your device. Ull have to flash ur current rom

I'm fairly sure that's not a bug; it's designed to be that way.

It is design to display "T-Mobile" until another icon gets added to the icon row and the T-Mobole just disappears?

It didnt happen before, and I always run stuff in the background that keeps an icon there, so my carrier logo will never show unless I quit those apps, I don't recall it being that way before...

I would assume the carrier text/logo stays when it is enabled; always.

It is design to display "T-Mobile" until another icon gets added to the icon row and the T-Mobole just disappears?

It didnt happen before, and I always run stuff in the background that keeps an icon there, so my carrier logo will never show unless I quit those apps, I don't recall it being that way before...

I would assume the carrier text/logo stays when it is enabled; always.

I'm not sure you're explaining it very well? If by icon row you means notifications then ZeroBarrier is correct. If you get a notification then the carrier is hidden. That's how I designed it..

that's probably because the mod now includes its own framework.jar, which is incompatible with your device. Ull have to flash ur current rom

I do not quite understand this .. That will mean I cannot use the mod .. As far as I know it is useless without a modded framework.jar ? Or am I wron and can I use this mod just by flashing it without the the framework.jar ?

I do not quite understand this .. That will mean I cannot use the mod .. As far as I know it is useless without a modded framework.jar ? Or am I wron and can I use this mod just by flashing it without the the framework.jar ?

You could try using adb to push the MIUIsettings.apk, SystemUI.apk and Launcher2.apk. Then boot to see if that works. You won't be able to use the overscrolling but everything else will work. At least then we will then know where the issue is..

Did not have adb here at work so I removed the framework.jar file from the flashable zip, repacked it and flashed it . Everything is okay now . So the framework.jar is definitely the one causing my phone not to boot anymore. Spoke too soon not evrything okay .. Icons which are in my bottom bar (launcher) are shifted up after flashing the mod .. They overlap the page indicator dots/squares

This mod isn't working on my Nexus S, it doesn't boot past the Google screen -_______-

I need this mod in my life...

I flashed the 1.9.2 Extended Settings and everything is working perfect again....

I thought it wouldn't work on 1.9.9, but it is.

I'm pretty sure the overscroll colour is an image file so I couldn't have a colour picker for it (you'd need images in every possible colour!) I'm sure you should be able to change the image to a different colour via Theme Manager though...

Okay I'll try to find that image, thanks for the response Andy

Greetings. Is there any way to re-add the space in between the time on the homescreen again? It seems as though one week it's there, and the next week there's no space anymore. Pretty please? :)

timent.png

Greetings. Is there any way to re-add the space in between the time on the homescreen again? It seems as though one week it's there, and the next week there's no space anymore. Pretty please? :)

timent.png

Damn it.. I knew I'd forget that..I'll try harder next week!! :eek:

So for us Nexus S / Nexus S 4G users who are getting stuck @ boot screen should we delete framework.jar and zip up remaining contents or use v2?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

So for us Nexus S / Nexus S 4G users who are getting stuck @ boot screen should we delete framework.jar and zip up remaining contents or use v2?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

The result would be the same. I'm going to download the nexus s rom to see if I can find the issue, hopefully I can come up with a solution that works for everyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.