[MOD] |init.d| 918-1242Mhz CPU & 128-200Mhz GPU addons

Which Power mode do you use most?

• Total voters
I don't understand the first page, is the normal one with this mod better for battery or worse than unmodified?

Great work..
is this compatible to mi2s?
I would like to control the cpu frequency by setting the normal mode
max frequency to 1.2gh instead of 1.7gh to save battery

It should be. MI2S has much more custom frequencies than old MI2 but it also has the same freqs up to 1512Mhz.

Reactions: dextructor
What about these configurations?
Power save min 300 max 900
Normal min 300 max 1200
Performance min 300 max 1500?

Inviato dal mio MI 2 con Tapatalk 2

Would also love to have this as settings!

Sent with my Xiaomi MI2 with Tapatalk 4

Reactions: xeGox
Hey Guys,
I'm trying to run this mod on stock miui, I flashed redmaner kernel, init.d is working (have log in data/), but from no reason I can't run this script :/ Any ideas why? (after flashing script is in ect/ini.d folder so it should work :/)

check CPU Speed with CPU Spy after install
and check script inside init.d folder

What about these configurations?
Power save min 300 max 900
Normal min 300 max 1200
Performance min 300 max 1500?

Sounds good, but I didn't find power state settings, yet.
This is kernel or framework settings.

Wajk but you can make a mod with such characteristics?
Power Saving mode
918Mhz mod
Normal mode with 918Mhz mod

Performance mode 1242Mhz mod

Just flash my MOD, boot into ROM and select your Power Mode, and after restart your device.
Example after restart you will get Performance settings with locked to 1242Mhz ;)

Last edited:
Ok, finally found the problem. So - using stock miui, using wajk script for 1200 Mhz, applying it with script manager. Everything work fine till I lock my device, after unlocking, my maximal frequencies are back to 1700 Mhz :/ (according to CPU SPY). Was testing same situation on CM 10.2 from m1cha and it was working fine... Any ideas why?

Ok, finally found the problem. So - using stock miui, using wajk script for 1200 Mhz, applying it with script manager. Everything work fine till I lock my device, after unlocking, my maximal frequencies are back to 1700 Mhz :/ (according to CPU SPY). Was testing same situation on CM 10.2 from m1cha and it was working fine... Any ideas why?

Same problem here on stock miui...

I can set the frequencies, but system will overwrite it on specific actions.. (for example locking,unlocking,changing power mode)
I set to 1350000, unlock device, value is back on 1720000 again...

I wrote small script to watch cpu states

Code:
#!/system/bin/sh
echo CPU    ONLINE    MAX    MIN  CUR
for i in 0 1 2 3
do
    max=`cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq 2> /dev/null`
    min=`cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq 2> /dev/null`
    curr=`cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq 2> /dev/null`
    online=`cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu$i/online 2> /dev/null`

echo CPU$i    $online    $max    $min    $curr
done

You can execute from shell (ADB, SSH, Connectbot,...)

Why is it working with wiui but not with stock ROM ? Im gonna check wiui init scripts for further dependencies..

Reactions: DNL666
Hi when I use the mod I can then delete the performance control app?

Gesendet von meinem MI 2S mit Tapatalk

Thank you Wajk. I will try GPU Mod asap.

Please inform me (not found in qualcomm site) what is stock clock of Adreno 320?

Great. Just flashed.

Until now my settings were:
CPU freq: 384mhz - 1242mhz
Governor: on demand
I/O: cfq

My battery stats at normal mode are
Uptime: 24-28 hours
Screen on Time: 4h
1 hour calls (2G Mode only)
1 hour gaming
Wifi on 24/7

I will post my stats with GPU MOD in the next days ;)

@Wajk do you know what are the voltages for each frequency? Because sometimes the voltages are the same for different frequencies, so it would be better to use the highest frequency in this case

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk now Free

Reactions: Obscurax and oile
Friends, does anyone know an application showing GPU frequency realtime?

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

Just one more question xD I read some time ago that using "performance" governor was always better than setting max and min frequency the same; because that way the kernel won't be somehow tryng to look for the ideal frequency.
So I wonder if it won't be better to ser governor to performance when we use 128mHz mod.
I hope I have explained well enough, I don't have much knowledge about this :p