New Multitouch Behavior

doodyfail

Members
Aug 3, 2016
I've encountered a bug that whenever I press the screen at the same time I release a long press, the long press won't release it, instead keeps pressed until I release the second or press at anywhere else on the screen (which will make the press drag to this new point).

Here's a sample video showing the bug.
youtu. be/5U_fznqH99U

The problem with the long press seems to happen within the colored area in the screenshot and that the second press however, has to be somewhat at a minimum distance apart from the long press, but can be pressed inside or outside the colored area (the green arrow is close to the minimum distance), but may also happen at the upper side of the screen at the right side.

Screenshot_2016-09-03-11-51-11-325_com.miui.gallery.png

This will happen
- at any app
- at any screen orientation
- with/without auto screen rotation
- with/without auto brightness
- with/without showing touch/point location

Please do keep in mind that reproducing this bug can be hard, since you gotta do it (pressing and releasing) within a really small time window.

- Redmi 3s 3gb/32gb from China
- Latest weekly xiaomi.eu build 6.9.1.
- Faced the same problem in:
- Global Stable V7.5.9.0.MALMIDE
- China Stable V7.5.9.0.MALCNDE
- China Developer Build 6.9.1

I have also tried some apps from play store that "calibrate"/"fixes" touchscreen/multitouch, which expectly didn't solve the problem.

In case you wonder why I'm making such a fuss about it, it is because I play a rhythm game (School Idol Festival) that requires me doing this exact movement and with this bug it becomes definitely unplayable at certain moments. This might not seem, but it is a huge (and the only) problem I have with this new device.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: dogiex