Ota Not Working + Miui9 Over Updater App?

misaifan

Members
Dec 23, 2017
Hi there,

I installed stable 8.5.15.0. How come since four months there was never any OTA update although in the rom release information they'd even say every friday?!

And second question:

MIUI 9.1 got released.
Any chance I can update my system without wiping my data, ie via the Updater App within my system and then Choose Update Package?

Cheers guys :D

We have OTA from MIUI 9 only.. So download zip manually and install via Updater - menu - select installation zip

We have OTA from MIUI 9 only.. So download zip manually and install via Updater - menu - select installation zip

nice, if it's that easy it would be awesome. i was doubtful because you list different ways on how to flash the rom, but you don't mention this way (the easiest in my opinion, if one already has a rom from you).

you are sure that i don't have to wipe my phone first?

i selected the zip manually via updater, it unzipped, i booted and now i am in twrp with all the options.

i tried to install it directly, choosing the zip again, but it says: "zip signature verification failed". the zip itself seems to be not corrupt though, i can open it normally in win.

EDIT:
btw, nice, you are from slovakia! my girlfriend which i will see next week is from banska bystrica!! :D

Last edited:
Hi, sorry to bother. OTA still not working =(

I've installed MIUI 9 / v9.0.4.0 NDBCNEI stable.
I check for updates in the System app. It says: Yes, there is an update. It's : Changelog v9.0.4.0 NDBCNEI

So, it's the exact same version!

I tried to nevertheless update it, hoping that after that it would show me some real new update. But after I download the package and click to install, it just disappears and puts me back to the beginning, where I can check for new updates.

------------

NEXT STEP: Manual Update succesfully failed!

I downloaded newest miui version from here. Updated the zip manually via Updater. Phone started new into TWRP and automatically pulled me through installations.

Everything sucessfully. But! MIUI version is after reboot still the same! 9.0.4.0.

wtf, how is that possible? i dont know what i can do anymore =(

Last edited:
Download 9.2.1.0 and install via TWRP or updater..

There is a bug in 9.0.4.0

Thanks so much. Finally I know! :D

I tried installing via TWRP of 9.3 / 8.2.1 (should make no difference to your suggestion of 9.2.1 i assume?!) and it was still my old 9.0.4.0 after rebooting. Perhaps I need to wipe more, not only the Caches? And thoughts on that?

Yea 8.2.1 is newer than stable..
It should boot fine.. Was there any error in TWRP?

Yea 8.2.1 is newer than stable..
It should boot fine.. Was there any error in TWRP?

Halleluja, it is working! I did the same as with the version i mentioned, cleared both Caches and installed via TWRP. And it worked. No data wiped, everything still there.

Thanks for your help and work!!