[port] Cm12 Keyboard On Aosp

cypher

Members
Sep 9, 2012
I fell in love with CM12 keyboard [available on Michael's build], and I'd like to have it on my Ivan's AOSP ROM.
so i created a flashable .zip [CWM/TWRP] to overwrite the stock lollipop keyboard with CM12's.
the keyboard is mostly the same, but it does improve the second function keys on all rows.
here's an example picture:

example.jpg

to install this keyboard, simply download the attachment, move it onto your smartphone, and flash it via your custom recovery.
I tested on my Mi2s [aries] with TWRP 2.8.5.0 and CWM 6.0.5.1 and it works 100%.

please note that swipe function does not work on this keyboard.

DOWNLOAD HERE.
MD5 checksum: 6649e62e909a7d6a95305fc57027fc09

Last edited:
unfortunatelly I have swype problems in this keyboard... and had to overwrite it with stock one...

I don't use swipe function, so I didn't notice it.
I added this bug on OP.

thanks for your feedback!

Reactions: Bucci
I prefer TouchPal. It has the same theme (see on its theme store) and the special character tweak

On AOSP 5.0 Ivan rom works perfect, thank you...
On CM11 not working :( i think it is because of art - dalvik
Is there any chance for kitkat enabling this CM12 keyboard, how to do that?

Tip for larger keys on CM12 (Google) keyboard and larger fonts if someone wants:

Xposed framework - download and install application called "App Settings", find your keyboard in the list of all apps, change DPI to ~360 or higher if you want, change Font scale how much do you want, save it, then press 3 vertical dots, then settings and Force stop that keyboard app, GJ it is now larger - bigger keyboard ;)
I think you can do this for every keyboard that have no resize in it, I used it on Xperia keyboard also, it works...

Last edited:
I found a way to install and use CM12 keyboard on Kitkat or Jellybean roms:
Copy libjni_latinimegoogle.so to /system/lib, ensure the file permissions for that .so file is set to rw-r--r-- via ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, after that just normally install LatinIME.apk
Voila! ;)
https://yadi.sk/d/ZR9BySiPg55WM

Last edited:
On AOSP 5.0 Ivan rom works perfect, thank you...
On CM11 not working :( i think it is because of art - dalvik
Is there any chance for kitkat enabling this CM12 keyboard, how to do that?

Tip for larger keys on CM12 (Google) keyboard and larger fonts if someone wants:

Xposed framework - download and install application called "App Settings", find your keyboard in the list of all apps, change DPI to ~360 or higher if you want, change Font scale how much do you want, save it, then press 3 vertical dots, then settings and Force stop that keyboard app, GJ it is now larger - bigger keyboard ;)
I think you can do this for every keyboard that have no resize in it, I used it on Xperia keyboard also, it works...

On Lollipop 5.1 also works resizing of the keyboard but you must save it and then reboot the phone...
Great keyboard, the best I can say it...
Screenshot_2015-04-18-14-28-09.png

I fell in love with CM12 keyboard [available on Michael's build], and I'd like to have it on my Ivan's AOSP ROM.
so i created a flashable .zip [CWM/TWRP] to overwrite the stock lollipop keyboard with CM12's.
the keyboard is mostly the same, but it does improve the second function keys on all rows.
here's an example picture:

example.jpg

to install this keyboard, simply download the attachment, move it onto your smartphone, and flash it via your custom recovery.
I tested on my Mi2s [aries] with TWRP 2.8.5.0 and CWM 6.0.5.1 and it works 100%.

please note that swipe function does not work on this keyboard.

DOWNLOAD HERE.
MD5 checksum: 6649e62e909a7d6a95305fc57027fc09

Can you do it again with new version of CM12.1 keyboard (of course if it changed to newer version)?
Or can someone put apk file of this super keyboard from latest CM12.1? Newer is almost always better.
Thx zipalign!

Last edited:
Reactions: cypher
So, Zipalign do you have some time to make it? Thx

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk