Redmi K20 to Mi 9T conversion patch (MIUI 11 & 12 Android 10)

well i used your patch and the watermark was still redmi k20.
after clearing camera data, it was working fine :)

yes, after i installed your patch, the highlighted area disappeared from my phone... screenshot taken from the internet, used to highlight the area that disappeared.

Attachments

• 95750191_3681833958499869_2460721106160451584_o.jpg
    95750191_3681833958499869_2460721106160451584_o.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 326

yes, after i installed your patch, the highlighted area disappeared from my phone... screenshot taken from the internet, used to highlight the area that disappeared.
Oh yeah... I don't know why.

OK, nice to know about clearing camera data for this new camera app version (4.0).

I will add this info in OP and in script message. ;)

EDIT: New "Universal" patch available + v1.0.1 released to clean MIUI Camera 4.0 cache! :)

EDIT 2: I didn't tested the "clean MIUI Camera 4.0 cache" but I think it should work. :p

EDIT 3: Waiting feedbacks... :)

Last edited:
When instal this patch, I cant update the phone. When I update phone I cant boot the sisitem I have to do data format. I use xeu rom and I cant do format data every week. Is there any solutuon? Thanks

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk

When instal this patch, I cant update the phone. When I update phone I cant boot the sisitem I have to do data format. I use xeu rom and I cant do format data every week. Is there any solutuon? Thanks

Sent from my Redmi K20 using Tapatalk
Don't blame me if you don't read the IMPORTANT infos before using my "Universal" conversion patch...
If you don't understand them, use "Safe" version instead of "Universal". ;)
But you can continue to format data after each ROM update if you like it. xD

Reactions: openjaws
Don't blame me if you don't read the IMPORTANT infos before using my "Universal" conversion patch...
If you don't understand them, use "Safe" version instead of "Universal". ;)
But you can continue to format data after each ROM update if you like it. xD
I don't blame you, of course, I asked, and now I understand what I need to do. I didnt read important info

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Poney70

There is a "All specs" button under the Miui version to show you the details you want to know.

New "Universal" patch update (v20.5) available in OP.
Welcome MIUI 12 Global "Beta" Stable ROM!

:)

New "Universal" patch update (v20.5) available in OP.
Welcome MIUI 12 Global "Beta" Stable ROM!

Hello and thank you for your work.

On my MI 9T I installed the Miui 12 and after each installation I install your "Universal" version patch.

Could you explain to me:

1) What are the pros and cons of "you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM. "?

2) If I installed the "universal" patch is there any way to switch to the "safe" version?

3) If I installed the "universal", is there any way to go back to the original situation? That is, the standard ROM

4) Having installed the "universal" version, how do I proceed to change to the "Universal (v20.5)" version?

Thanks

Hello and thank you for your work.

On my MI 9T I installed the Miui 12 and after each installation I install your "Universal" version patch.

Could you explain to me:

1) What are the pros and cons of "you will keep fingerprint build & security patch date info chosen by xiaomi.eu dev team (for Weekly .EU ROMs) or from Official China Stable ROMs (for Stable .EU ROMs) instead of latest Official Global ROM. "?

2) If I installed the "universal" patch is there any way to switch to the "safe" version?

3) If I installed the "universal", is there any way to go back to the original situation? That is, the standard ROM

4) Having installed the "universal" version, how do I proceed to change to the "Universal (v20.5)" version?

Thanks

Hello! :)

1) Pros (for latest Official Global ROM): You will have a recent security patch date info (= this info is read from some apps that may require a recent one). For info, latest weekly xiaomi.eu ROM have "2019-11-01" as date info (but the real security patch date is "2020-05-01"). ;)
There is no cons except to reinstall the "Universal" patch after a ROM update, because we can't "downgrade" the security patch date info... (AFAIK I don't know how to allow that)

2) You can't switch to the "safe" version without "Format Data"... :(

3) "Format Data" is the only way to properly avoid boot issue after installing a ROM update. But if you don't want to convert to Mi 9T anymore, you can install this zip after each ROM update instead => TWRP_DAVINCI_12.0.0.11_Global_ROM_info.zip

4) You can install over previous version without issue (but you can't install a previous version over a more recent one). ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: zytozid and sagi73
Hi OP! I was wondering if it would be possibile to create a patch to convert a mi 9t into a redmi K20. If you want to know why I would like to do it, well it's because Amazon prime video works in HD only on K20, while only in SD on mi 9T.
I'm currently using miui 11 stable where the device is called K20 so no problem so far, but i kinda wanted to try the last weekly of MIUI 12 but they changed K20 into mi 9T so no more HD for Amazon prime video :/
Thanks.

Hi OP! I was wondering if it would be possibile to create a patch to convert a mi 9t into a redmi K20. If you want to know why I would like to do it, well it's because Amazon prime video works in HD only on K20, while only in SD on mi 9T.
I'm currently using miui 11 stable where the device is called K20 so no problem so far, but i kinda wanted to try the last weekly of MIUI 12 but they changed K20 into mi 9T so no more HD for Amazon prime video :/
Thanks.
Hello, check this thread => https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-9t-to-redmi-k20-conversion-patch-miui-11-12-android-10.56156/

Reactions: scaccomatto
Thank you so much, man :) May I ask if I'll have to flash the patch for every weekly release?
If the question is: Phone will only boot to Recovery if I don't flash the patch, answer is "no". ;)

Otherwise, you must apply it after updating weekly ROM to rebrand your phone, yes.

Hello,

I update MIUI 12 to versione 20.6.11, ad I install TWRP_K20_to_Mi9T_MIUI_12_Universal_v20.5_Conversion.zip

As usual, everything is perfect, only that GPay no longer works.

On my MI9T I installed the Xiaomi.EU, but without enabling the root. So no magisk etc.
Only TWRP and Xiaomi.EU.

GPay, with previous versions worked. But now it reports that my device is rooted

Help
Hello,

For GPay, you can try to rename (or delete, if you don't use TWRP backups) the "TWRP" folder in root of your phone's storage. Then reboot and try GPay again. ;)

You can also try to clear "All app data" of Google Pay app too.

If still not working, you may try to install Magisk v20.4 (Magisk-v20.4.zip in TWRP) and install two Magisk modules:

1) Install SQLite3.Universal.Binaries.v1.0.zip Magisk module in Magisk Manager app

2) Reboot your phone

3) Install GPay.SQLite.Fix.v2.2.zip Magisk module in Magisk Manager app

4) Reboot your phone

5) Try to use GPay now

Last edited:
Hello,

For GPay, you can try to rename (or delete, if you don't use TWRP backups) the "TWRP" folder in root of your phone's storage. Then reboot and try GPay again. ;)

You can also try to clear "All app data" of Google Pay app too.

If still not working, you may try to install Magisk v20.4 (Magisk-v20.4.zip in TWRP) and install two Magisk modules:

1) Install SQLite3.Universal.Binaries.v1.0.zip Magisk module in Magisk Manager app

2) Reboot your phone

3) Install GPay.SQLite.Fix.v2.2.zip Magisk module in Magisk Manager app

4) Reboot your phone

5) Try to use GPay now

I renamed the TWRP folder but the problem persists.
I don't want to install Magisk.
I don't care about root and I'm not interested in following Magisk and all its updates and modules.

Thanks anyway

Can you think of any other reason?
Why has it worked without problems for a long time?

Hi

I renamed the TWRP folder but the problem persists.
I don't want to install Magisk.
I don't care about root and I'm not interested in following Magisk and all its updates and modules.

Thanks anyway

Can you think of any other reason?
Why has it worked without problems for a long time?

Hi
Same issue for me, Gpay detects root or not certified software...
I think there is a new security check, don't know what we can do. :(

New "Universal" patch version released! (v20.5.1):

This update fixes Google Pay (NFC payments) issue.