Resolved [RESOLVED] Google play system update breaking system on venus

I actually did some diagnosing and analyzing the logcat, after some long headaches, i found the file causing this mess from the beginning, so each time google play store system update automatically downloads the update , it stores it inside "/data/apex/active/" with the file name : "com.android.media.swcode(at)340818112.apex" so i had to remove it from there, the system restores to its stable state.
maybe this is not a practical solution as the google play store system update can anytime download it automatically but, it solves the problem of wiping data each time.

*Note: for users who doesn't have root privileges, you can do the same thing using twrp recovery!
Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

Spent the last two days trying to find the culprit. Thinking about factory reset with all the Hussle even to buy a new phone.

And this 5 seconds trick saved my life.

Again, thank you
May you and your family always be in great health

Hi,
i am on poco f3 on xiaomi.eu 13 19/10/2022. and for a few weeks, my smartphone has also been doing a double boot before starting up completely, because attempt to update the google play services has been in vain. in the apex folder there is this file, but it ends with 331911000.apex. even from the recovery there is nothing else. can I delete it? the phone has no other problems, the camera starts up normally. what should i do?

Thank you very much!!!
I installed TWRP as the friends said
i delete through twrp and my phone is back to normal life!

Reactions: kearmau5
I have cleaned a "/data/apex/active/com.android.media.swcodeҨ340818112.apex" once again today, my Mi13 didn't play mp3 file for ringing.
This problem of Google play store was solved, in a weekly version of Rom ?

I have cleaned a "/data/apex/active/com.android.media.swcodeҨ340818112.apex" once again today, my Mi13 didn't play mp3 file for ringing.
This problem of Google play store was solved, in a weekly version of Rom ?
That's what the dev said here. Is your ROM built after Sept 13?

Reactions: Calligari
Check your apex folder and what's inside of it
İ can not find that apex folder too. İ am just a basic user and my phone didn't get root. How i can find that folder.
Screenshot_2023-10-20-02-46-20-276_com.google.android.documentsui.jpg
Screenshot_2023-10-20-02-46-30-152_com.google.android.documentsui.jpg

Last edited:
I also have trouble finding that file, the data partition could not be selected to mount in TWRP.
Any suggestions what I could be doing wrong?

İ can not find that apex folder too. İ am just a basic user and my phone didn't get root. How i can find that folder.View attachment 49077

Do it in TWRP.

That's not the right folder, you need either to be a root user or to get into recovery and go directly to your /data/apex/active folder
How i can be root user? Or how i get in to recovery mode? Btw i don't want lost my data on my phone

How i can be root user? Or how i get in to recovery mode? Btw i don't want lost my data on my phone
If you don't want to have root privileges on your device then it's mandatory for you to perform this using recovery twrp that should be specific to your device
This has nothing to do with data loss if you follow the right steps, this should help :
I assume each hybrid rom contains it's proper recovery, you just need to boot into it!

Reactions: Karas3f
Unfortunately no,
1697808211469.png

My device (Mi13_Fuxy) isn't supported by latest weekly rom update :(
I'm going to install a MIUI-WEEKLY-RELEASES/V14.0.23.9.18.DEV to solve this problem.

Last edited:
Does anyone have issues with sharing video on Whatsapp after deleting swcode file?
Update your WhatsApp version
I tested everything before i shared my results about this issue, however this cannot be replicated on multiple devices

oftopic: my psychiatrist says I'm paranoid, but somehow all the new problems seem strange. I have the feeling Google wants to push Xiaomi from the throne, with which their devices are sold better again.

oftopic: my psychiatrist says I'm paranoid, but somehow all the new problems seem strange. I have the feeling Google wants to push Xiaomi from the throne, with which their devices are sold better again.
Xiaomi is not a tele-communication company like huawei, there won't be such a case, my friends global users aren't facing this issue at all

Xiaomi is not a tele-communication company like huawei, there won't be such a case, my friends global users aren't facing this issue at all
Does anyone know if the devs here, are working on a fix for vayu or if that is planned or not ?

I think I understood here that the China ROMS are more or less lost. But what about the ones that are based on Global? I ask because I have many applications on the vayu that I need for my work. If I can't get Google security update anymore, I will have to buy a new phone. So the question and answer is extremely important.

Yes, this is paranoid... Xiaomi.eu are prone to issues by definition. They try to merge Chinese ROMs with Google Play Services by various tricks. These tricks have side effects like this: Google is in fact trying to make Xiaomi phones better by applying patches and improvements directly without waiting for vendors like Xiaomi to implement them (or not if they dropped support). But these patches are aimed at Global ROMs, which use GPS OFFICIALLY and Google knows about it and certified it. Apparently GPS sees Xiaomi.eu ROMs as Global and that's the reason of our trouble. This will happen in the future as well, because the devs here have no control over GPS updates. No one is able to tell when GPS will try to patch some critical component of the system making it incompatible with the Chinese ROM/Xiaomi.eu. It's a cost we have to pay for having bloatware free MIUI ROM

Last edited:
Does anyone know if the devs here, are working on a fix for vayu or if that is planned or not ?

I think I understood here that the China ROMS are more or less lost. But what about the ones that are based on Global? I ask because I have many applications on the vayu that I need for my work. If I can't get Google security update anymore, I will have to buy a new phone. So the question and answer is extremely important.
Global ROMs are compatible with Google Play Services and Google system modules, so they should be totally fine