Resolved [RESOLVED] Google play system update breaking system on venus

Ishtar 14.0.16.0, deleting file (with different numbers at the tail end of the filename) worked!! Camera and Firefox working as expected again! Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• 1000001926.jpg
    1000001926.jpg
    488.1 KB · Views: 514
I have cleaned a "/data/apex/active/com.android.media.swcodeҨ340818112.apex" once again today, my Mi13 didn't play mp3 file for ringing.
This problem of Google play store was solved, in a weekly version of Rom ?
I managed to restore mp3 ringtones and custom notifications by deleting another file too
/data/apex/active/com.android.media.#########
Everything works again.

edit: wording

oftopic: my psychiatrist says I'm paranoid, but somehow all the new problems seem strange. I have the feeling Google wants to push Xiaomi from the throne, with which their devices are sold better again.
Xiaomi.eu is CUSTOM ROM, not stock/official ROM from Xiaomi. As custom ROM it is not certified by Google and requires unlocked Bootloader - all these things are red-flags (not the vendor name Xiaomi)

Reactions: dgtal1
Did you find any way to fix this?
Tried reinstall clear cache data
The issue persist
Unfortunately not.

I want to make/start a conclusion:

I use Redmi K60 Pro (socrates). I wanted to install roms only with Fastboot. But this big "bug" forced me to install TWRP. I still only have a workaround by delete the com.android.media.swcodec*** file.

Sometimes the file comes back. It felt more often when i restart the phone.

After deleting the file the phone is usuble but these "small" bugs left:

- HEIC images at camera dont work, x265 videos work but there seems to be a problem with the timestamp so the sorting in gallery is broken
- send videos via WhatsApp dont work, images work (update: playable when com.android.media.* also deleted)
- music is not playable (update: playable when com.android.media.* also deleted)

My personal Recommendations:
- if the file *swcodes* comes back and you have the problems dont use filemanager to do anything. I think it can do data lost. Go to. TWRP and delete file first.

- do not copy any other *.apex files in ../active/ folder. For me no of the "small" problems solved.

Other can document their problems as well.

My wish is more info. I understand that the problem has now been identified by the developers. But I didn't understand when and how a solution would come. Can someone write a summary?

Last edited:
For me I'm on Xiaomi13 Fuxi deleting the apex files does make the phone usable but HEIC file still can't be opened, and custom ringtones doesn't play so have to change to default ring. Other than all usable, anybody have an idea when are we getting fix or anything ?

Last edited:
For me I'm on Xiaomi13 Fuxi deleting the apex files does make the phone usable but HEIC file still can't be opened, and custom ringtones doesn't play so have to change to default ring. Other than all usable, anybody have an idea when are we getting fix or anything ?
With next ROM.

For me it's interesting that I don't have the problems you all have. I'm on 23.9.18 (fuxi). I didn't have to delete apex files or sth like that.

With next ROM.

For me it's interesting that I don't have the problems you all have. I'm on 23.9.18 (fuxi). I didn't have to delete apex files or sth like that.

It's cause I'm on stable not weekly, I was trying to avoid those bugs by going stable but instead having these bugs kinda annoying.

Unfortunately not.

I want to make/start a conclusion:

I use Redmi K60 Pro (socrates). I wanted to install roms only with Fastboot. But this big "bug" forced me to install TWRP. I still only have a workaround by delete the com.android.media.swcodec*** file.

Sometimes the file comes back. It felt more often when i restart the phone.

After deleting the file the phone is usuble but these "small" bugs left:

- HEIC images at camera dont work, x265 videos work but there seems to be a problem with the timestamp so the sorting in gallery is broken
- send videos via WhatsApp dont work, images work (update: playable when com.android.media.* also deleted)
- music is not playable (update: playable when com.android.media.* also deleted)

My personal Recommendations:
- if the file *swcodes* comes back and you have the problems dont use filemanager to do anything. I think it can do data lost. Go to. TWRP and delete file first.

- do not copy any other *.apex files in ../active/ folder. For me no of the "small" problems solved.

Other can document their problems as well.

My wish is more info. I understand that the problem has now been identified by the developers. But I didn't understand when and how a solution would come. Can someone write a summary?
Mine only happened after I installed a new control bar from hyperOS.
After deleting the sw file using TWRP the only downside is cannot share video on Whatsapp.

So far that's the only issue I have

thx all for the help. It works.... hopefully there will be a permanant solution to this. Hi from Malaysia.
my observation:
whatsapp cannot share videos
gallery does not sort my viideo files right. Dates begin with 1970 lol wth

have you deleted both? com.android.media.swcodec* and com.android.media.*
I've updated to 23.9.18 DEV (fuxi) and all is fine now, even with the latest play services update :)
Ready to wait for HyperOS/A14...

Last edited:
I had the same issue on my PocoX3pro with MIUI by xiaomi.eu 14.0.3.0TJUMIXM installed. After deleting the file it now works as usual, thank you so much!

Reactions: smelly_cat
I started to have this issues the camera it's not responding also YouTube, flashlight YouTube or browser already see the other solution deleted the apex file, and getting Root permission but I don't want to root the phone, and I want to know if I stop the automatic updates in Playstore works or if there's any other permanent solution to this situation pls already desperately need help

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-10-23-11-50-54-775_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-10-23-11-50-54-775_com.android.settings.jpg
    397.5 KB · Views: 145