Resolved [RESOLVED] Google play system update breaking system on venus

I started to have this issues the camera it's not responding also YouTube, flashlight YouTube or browser already see the other solution deleted the apex file, and getting Root permission but I don't want to root the phone, and I want to know if I stop the automatic updates in Playstore works or if there's any other permanent solution to this situation pls already desperately need help
You does not need root, you only need trwp recovery. Reread the thread...

Reactions: Thir krauser
You does not need root, you only need trwp recovery. Reread the thread...
Ok but I don't know if I can even the recovery it's in Chinese, and that's not a permanent solution, that's why I'm asking if there's other permanent solution for this or if there's any change to switch the Rom into a Global Rom

Xiaomi.eu is CUSTOM ROM, not stock/official ROM from Xiaomi. As custom ROM it is not certified by Google and requires unlocked Bootloader - all these things are red-flags (not the vendor name Xiaomi)
How i can install official rom?

Ok but I don't know if I can even the recovery it's in Chinese, and that's not a permanent solution, that's why I'm asking if there's other permanent solution for this or if there's any change to switch the Rom into a Global Rom
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

here in the video you can switch to english or other langages

Reactions: katerpanne
Just wanted to confirm that the above fix did the trick on Xiaomi 13 running stable 14.0.31.0 (kudos to Mr. @kearmau5)!
A helpful note for those doing it via TWRP:

How i can install official rom?
You can find instructions on various Xiaomi/MIUI named forums (methods are general, you must only care to download proper packages)

In very short, find and download the FASTBOOT/TGZ ROM package (not Recovery/zip - it won't be enough to switch the ROM) for your model ( from the names choose do you want CN, Global, EEA, etc)

Use MiFlash to flash it. You must have Fastboot drivers etc working

Choose options to include Factory Resetting (Formating Data) - and DO NOT enable relocking of Bootloader

Only once you flash, when you reboot to the System and make sure that everything is ok, then you can relock Bootloader - otherwise, if you choose to lock BL and flash eg by mistake wrong ROM, you would have your phone hard-bricked

You can also find instructions elswhere how to unpack TGZ and find inside scripts for manual flashing from Fastboot (similarly like installing Xiaomi.eu from Fastboot)

Reactions: katerpanne
Good days everyone. I got problem like I can't use my camera, can't play any kind of videos include YouTube app etc also from gallery. It often freeze if I got call. Can't take video call. And always getting error notification like "MIUI+ beta stop working" It happened few days ago and I'm still trying to use my phone like this. So I wanna update my phone to fix this problem. My question is what should I do to update my phone. When I click update it say it's up to date. But when I open vpn, it showed me there is an 5.5gb update. I download that update and click "install" but after that just my phone restart and nothing happened. What should I do how I can install that update? That update file on my phone in zip.

I actually did some diagnosing and analyzing the logcat, after some long headaches, i found the file causing this mess from the beginning, so each time google play store system update automatically downloads the update , it stores it inside "/data/apex/active/" with the file name : "com.android.media.swcodec(at)340818112.apex" so i had to remove it from there, the system restores to its stable state.
maybe this is not a practical solution as the google play store system update can anytime download it automatically but, it solves the problem of wiping data each time.

*Note: if you rebooted your device and noticed that it made a double boot, that means it downloaded that file again in the background, just hurry to recovery and delete it , because it will take forever to boot and waste your time.

**Note: for users who doesn't have root privileges, you can do the same thing using twrp recovery!
I love you man! You saved my day! Di deleted it using twrp and all seem normal

• Love
Reactions: kearmau5
Good days everyone. I got problem like I can't use my camera, can't play any kind of videos include YouTube app etc also from gallery. It often freeze if I got call. Can't take video call. And always getting error notification like "MIUI+ beta stop working" It happened few days ago and I'm still trying to use my phone like this. So I wanna update my phone to fix this problem. My question is what should I do to update my phone. When I click update it say it's up to date. But when I open vpn, it showed me there is an 5.5gb update. I download that update and click "install" but after that just my phone restart and nothing happened. What should I do how I can install that update? That update file on my phone in zip.
What phone and ROM do you have? You will need TWRP to delete 2 files that are causing these issues:
com.android.media.swcodec(at)340818112.apex
com.android.media@xxxx.apex (be careful with this one, copy it in your internal storage since if could give you bootloops when deleted, not my case though)
Here is how you find them

What phone and ROM do you have? You will need TWRP to delete 2 files that are causing these issues:
com.android.media@xxxx.apex (be careful with this one, copy it in your internal storage since if could give you bootloops when deleted, not my case though)
K60pro. When I check my files, I can't find these files that's why I wanna update.

Those facing issues with alarm clock using Nature or Weather ringtone (alarms go off silent), you can workaround the problem by applying same fix to another apex file: 'com.android.media@340922012.apex' found in the same directory (/data/apex/active)

Last edited:
2 files?
Thought the op says one file which is com.android.media.swcodec@xxx.apex

The second one is in case the system still presents some issues. In my case I couldn't upload videos to Whatsapp or Insta for example and all showed 0 seconds for duration and the dates for all were december 31 1969
Same issue I'm having can not upload video to WhatsApp.

Thanks I will try to delete the second file

Wish i saw this thread before I've updated manually yesterday the solution mentioned here fixed the problems but if someone finds permanent solution please let us know

As far as I understood, the solution is that a new firmware based on Android 14 will be released. There will probably no longer be a version based on Android 13.

As far as I understood, the solution is that a new firmware based on Android 14 will be released. There will probably no longer be a version based on Android 13.
I don't think so, A14 is still on its Alpha stage and only few devices getting beta build for testing purposes, this issuw should be fixed for next update for users with builds before 13 September patch

Hi @kearmau5 i have opened the folders from twrp but in my data folder there seems to be no apex folder...
I am using a mi 10 ultra running in eu stable rom 14.0.2.0

has anyone resolved this issue??

Attachments

• 2023-10-26 10.54.43.jpg
    2023-10-26 10.54.43.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 2023-10-26 10.54.37.jpg
    2023-10-26 10.54.37.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 150
Reactions: schmurgel17
For those still wandering around:
-for a solution...
-for an explanation...
-for someone that makes it worth all the strugle to make the camera and flash work again (animal, human, plant, rock or UFO)...
-for justice...
-for information...
-for a team with a leader capable of starting that long-awaited revolution against the oligarchy that runs the large digital companies and which you will only observe from your screen in case they move or are more than 100 steps away from your location...
...let me tell you that they do exist, as long as the multiverse is valid.
And just for the record, I had the same issues (my phone getting slower with some apps like the browsers, the camera totally black, the flash icon disabled but when entering the CIT, it worked fine, while other things that worked fine failed their tests, randomly double rebooting, etc.) and also without ROOT and without TWRP installed.

After reading the whole posts, their links and the comments, make this post my evidence in which I state:
+Issue: After a Google Play Protect and/or Google Play System Update that required me to reboot, the symptoms in blue started to manifest
+Device: Ingres
+ROM: V14.0.10.0.TLJCNXM donwloaded from this forum
+Responsible of bootloop in Fastboot: Me
+Why?: Because I know programming and the computers and electronic devices do as I say (but not what I want)
+How it complicated: Nothing new, uninstalled things I did't want to, blamed other stuff that had nothing to do and erased them, added what I belived was the alchemical solution for all those symptoms, and then came the fastboot loop...
+Solution: Here, in this thread, there are good end experienced users (I'm not one of them) that already posted how to flash TWRP (spoiler: the post even includes the different methods by device, and spoiler2: also says how to undo whatever you did if you READ the whole post/answers) which is the FASTEST and WITH NO DATA LOSS solution when you follow simple steps, after reading them completelly at least once.
+Complications?: Yes, it was all in chinese when it rebooted into TWRP
+Solved? : Yes, here in this thread is also posted what to do and how to fix that, end even without the translation, someone else already posted with images/screenshots the position of the buttons to follow (we talk about translations, not positional GUI changes, keep that in mind)

So my final words are: I'm not gonna reference their posts (mainly because I don't know how to, and spent the whole night making my phone working again because #work #money #1amcrazy #IsaidIwasntGoodToo) and because, repeat it again would lost the point of my post/answer, which is "read..."

Time to solve original issue + complications after reading: 10 minutes
Time spent before reading, 'solving the issue' but actually complicating everything: 2 days

Thank you, if you reached this line, the lines above fullfilled their mission :emoji_smiley:

For those still wandering around:
-for a solution...
-for an explanation...
-for someone that makes it worth all the strugle to make the camera and flash work again (animal, human, plant, rock or UFO)...
-for justice...
-for information...
-for a team with a leader capable of starting that long-awaited revolution against the oligarchy that runs the large digital companies and which you will only observe from your screen in case they move or are more than 100 steps away from your location...
...let me tell you that they do exist, as long as the multiverse is valid.
And just for the record, I had the same issues (my phone getting slower with some apps like the browsers, the camera totally black, the flash icon disabled but when entering the CIT, it worked fine, while other things that worked fine failed their tests, randomly double rebooting, etc.) and also without ROOT and without TWRP installed.

After reading the whole posts, their links and the comments, make this post my evidence in which I state:
+Issue: After a Google Play Protect and/or Google Play System Update that required me to reboot, the symptoms in blue started to manifest
+Device: Ingres
+ROM: V14.0.10.0.TLJCNXM donwloaded from this forum
+Responsible of bootloop in Fastboot: Me
+Why?: Because I know programming and the computers and electronic devices do as I say (but not what I want)
+How it complicated: Nothing new, uninstalled things I did't want to, blamed other stuff that had nothing to do and erased them, added what I belived was the alchemical solution for all those symptoms, and then came the fastboot loop...
+Solution: Here, in this thread, there are good end experienced users (I'm not one of them) that already posted how to flash TWRP (spoiler: the post even includes the different methods by device, and spoiler2: also says how to undo whatever you did if you READ the whole post/answers) which is the FASTEST and WITH NO DATA LOSS solution when you follow simple steps, after reading them completelly at least once.
+Complications?: Yes, it was all in chinese when it rebooted into TWRP
+Solved? : Yes, here in this thread is also posted what to do and how to fix that, end even without the translation, someone else already posted with images/screenshots the position of the buttons to follow (we talk about translations, not positional GUI changes, keep that in mind)

So my final words are: I'm not gonna reference their posts (mainly because I don't know how to, and spent the whole night making my phone working again because #work #money #1amcrazy #IsaidIwasntGoodToo) and because, repeat it again would lost the point of my post/answer, which is "read..."

Time to solve original issue + complications after reading: 10 minutes
Time spent before reading, 'solving the issue' but actually complicating everything: 2 days

Thank you, if you reached this line, the lines above fullfilled their mission :emoji_smiley:
I'm also on Poco F4 GT\ Redmi K40G (Ingres) running android 13 /MIUI 14 Stable on last version.
Faced same problems as described above, many apps wouldn't load (Firefox, Reddit, Youtube wouldn't work) Even the Gallery and Camera apps won't open (black screen).
Luckily, I was already Rooted and had TWRP in the recovery partition, so my story wasn't as convoluted.
I resorted to delete "com.android.media.swcode(at)XXXXXXXXX.apex" using my file explorer and even though it was named differently from the OP, after rebooting my device returned to normal.

Key takeaway from the replied post: Please do read and perform the steps stated as closely as possible, I speak from experience when I say that deleting files in a system root folder is always a risk, but following instructions should be safe enough for most.

Just hoping more people find this solution, since this random update affecting many people.

Last edited: