Resolved [RESOLVED] Google play system update breaking system on venus

Hi @kearmau5 i have opened the folders from twrp but in my data folder there seems to be no apex folder...
I am using a mi 10 ultra running in eu stable rom 14.0.2.0

has anyone resolved this issue??
Try mounting all of your partitions, or update your recovery from skkk images

For those still wandering around:
-for a solution...
-for an explanation...
-for someone that makes it worth all the strugle to make the camera and flash work again (animal, human, plant, rock or UFO)...
-for justice...
-for information...
-for a team with a leader capable of starting that long-awaited revolution against the oligarchy that runs the large digital companies and which you will only observe from your screen in case they move or are more than 100 steps away from your location...
...let me tell you that they do exist, as long as the multiverse is valid.
And just for the record, I had the same issues (my phone getting slower with some apps like the browsers, the camera totally black, the flash icon disabled but when entering the CIT, it worked fine, while other things that worked fine failed their tests, randomly double rebooting, etc.) and also without ROOT and without TWRP installed.

After reading the whole posts, their links and the comments, make this post my evidence in which I state:
+Issue: After a Google Play Protect and/or Google Play System Update that required me to reboot, the symptoms in blue started to manifest
+Device: Ingres
+ROM: V14.0.10.0.TLJCNXM donwloaded from this forum
+Responsible of bootloop in Fastboot: Me
+Why?: Because I know programming and the computers and electronic devices do as I say (but not what I want)
+How it complicated: Nothing new, uninstalled things I did't want to, blamed other stuff that had nothing to do and erased them, added what I belived was the alchemical solution for all those symptoms, and then came the fastboot loop...
+Solution: Here, in this thread, there are good end experienced users (I'm not one of them) that already posted how to flash TWRP (spoiler: the post even includes the different methods by device, and spoiler2: also says how to undo whatever you did if you READ the whole post/answers) which is the FASTEST and WITH NO DATA LOSS solution when you follow simple steps, after reading them completelly at least once.
+Complications?: Yes, it was all in chinese when it rebooted into TWRP
+Solved? : Yes, here in this thread is also posted what to do and how to fix that, end even without the translation, someone else already posted with images/screenshots the position of the buttons to follow (we talk about translations, not positional GUI changes, keep that in mind)

So my final words are: I'm not gonna reference their posts (mainly because I don't know how to, and spent the whole night making my phone working again because #work #money #1amcrazy #IsaidIwasntGoodToo) and because, repeat it again would lost the point of my post/answer, which is "read..."

Time to solve original issue + complications after reading: 10 minutes
Time spent before reading, 'solving the issue' but actually complicating everything: 2 days

Thank you, if you reached this line, the lines above fullfilled their mission :emoji_smiley:
That was intense thanks, however you should know that reading logcat strings up to 12k lines is also frustrating.
This took me around 5 days to figure things out.

Reactions: gogocar62
Try mounting all of your partitions, or update your recovery from skkk images
For me, still nothing when mounting everything i could (Mi 10 Ultra also).

You think it will help to update the recovery? Why would this help showing more folder? (sorry if stupid question...)

For me, still nothing when mounting everything i could (Mi 10 Ultra also).

You think it will help to update the recovery? Why would this help showing more folder? (sorry if stupid question...)
Hey man looks like we have the same problem, hopefully we can find a way around this, for me i cant mount the files in TWRP, i cant decrypt the files...

tried a bunch of videos in youtube but still to no avail, i tried to reinstall the rom but i think it just overlaps the old files ad retains the updated ones..
Hoping for help soon its kind of hard not being able to use our camera etc.. :)

I actually did some diagnosing and analyzing the logcat, after some long headaches, i found the file causing this mess from the beginning, so each time google play store system update automatically downloads the update , it stores it inside "/data/apex/active/" with the file name : "com.android.media.swcodec(at)340818112.apex" so i had to remove it from there, the system restores to its stable state.
maybe this is not a practical solution as the google play store system update can anytime download it automatically but, it solves the problem of wiping data each time.

*Note: if you rebooted your device and noticed that it made a double boot, that means it downloaded that file again in the background, just hurry to recovery and delete it , because it will take forever to boot and waste your time.

**Note: for users who doesn't have root privileges, you can do the same thing using twrp recovery!
You save my life. Bro :)

• Love
Reactions: kearmau5
I actually did some diagnosing and analyzing the logcat, after some long headaches, i found the file causing this mess from the beginning, so each time google play store system update automatically downloads the update , it stores it inside "/data/apex/active/" with the file name : "com.android.media.swcodec(at)340818112.apex" so i had to remove it from there, the system restores to its stable state.
maybe this is not a practical solution as the google play store system update can anytime download it automatically but, it solves the problem of wiping data each time.

*Note: if you rebooted your device and noticed that it made a double boot, that means it downloaded that file again in the background, just hurry to recovery and delete it , because it will take forever to boot and waste your time.

**Note: for users who doesn't have root privileges, you can do the same thing using twrp recovery!
I've opened the twrp in my POCO F3 but it doesn't show anything inside data/apex folder. Please help

I've already turned off password/pins in my phone

Im kind of confused,

My brother is using my old mi10 ultra( he has same issues)
My dad is using his month old mi 13 pro(he has same issues
I am using my mi 12 ultra but mine is still working good as of the moment we are all using stable rom...

I am no expert and have been using eu rom since my mi10 ultra its the 1st time im stuck and cant find a solution for this issues.. :(

I hope we can find and update for this... I cant decrypt the file in my brothers mi10 ultra as of now its the only phone that has twrp.. :(

HELP please

Haha I was about 2 minutes from a factory reset when I read this thread. It saved my day!

The symptoms are very strange though, some apps working, others working partly. Like YouTube works but can't play. Same with Deezer. Olarm doesn't connect, camera didn't work. Battery life was bad.

Deleted the file, problem resolved!

hi guys, i had the same problem but im probly stupid and i deleted all the active apex folder, now my phone is basically stucked in everything (no signal, app doenst start, battery indicator not working) ive already tried to flash again the rom but it nothing solved, how can i replace those files? thanks

hi guys, i had the same problem but im probly stupid and i deleted all the active apex folder, now my phone is basically stucked in everything (no signal, app doenst start, battery indicator not working) ive already tried to flash again the rom but it nothing solved, how can i replace those files? thanks
Format (or wipe) Data / Factory reset to start over from clean - to set up Android as for the first time

Format (or wipe) Data / Factory reset to start over from clean - to set up Android as for the first time
i was playing around and tried some "solutions" i found around and now im stucked, im worried to lose my data (that i think already happened, but im not sure because the storage seems not fully clean), the thing is that i cant access the storage properly to load a rom to flash since ive tried to swap file system types like a guy said on a forum, but that didnt solved.
im sorry if im not clear in explaining

i was playing around and tried some "solutions" i found around and now im stucked, im worried to lose my data (that i think already happened, but im not sure because the storage seems not fully clean), the thing is that i cant access the storage properly to load a rom to flash since ive tried to swap file system types like a guy said on a forum, but that didnt solved.
im sorry if im not clear in explaining
I didn't tell you to reinstall the ROM but to Factory reset / Format Data

No matter what kind of Recovery you have, you will find that option (under the one or another name)

Of course, that way you will loose your Data

But that's now the only way to 'recover" upon you deleted the wrong apex stuff

You messed up things on your Data partition and reinstalling the ROM (without Factory Resetting) will not touch Data partition (ROM does not flash to Data partition but to the System partitions). So you can re-flash the ROM hundredth times, it will not help

Next time please be careful with what you delete

I didn't tell you to reinstall the ROM but to Factory reset / Format Data

No matter what kind of Recovery you have, you will find that option (under the one or another name)

Of course, that way you will loose your Data

But that's now the only way to 'recover" upon you deleted the wrong apex stuff

You messed up things on your Data partition and reinstalling the ROM (without Factory Resetting) will not touch Data partition (ROM does not flash to Data partition but to the System partitions). So you can re-flash the ROM hundredth times, it will not help

Next time please be careful with what you delete
im currently stuck on fastboot mode, cant access recovery, what can i do? i think im just messing up more stuff, tried to reinstall recovery but nothing happen

Last edited:
im currently stuck on fastboot mode, cant access recovery, what can i do? i think im just messing up more stuff, tried to reinstall recovery but nothing happen
Watch closely what Fastboot reports when flashing
If Bootloader was relocked, any flashing would fail (and you could only look around for the paid EDL support)

In your shoes, I would flash latest Stable Xiaomi.eu for your device, using the script for First (time) Install(action)

Instructions for flashing are in the Stable thread(s)

I had the same issue on my PocoX3pro with MIUI by xiaomi.eu 14.0.3.0TJUMIXM installed. After deleting the file it now works as usual, thank you so much!
How exactly did you fix without side effects? I have the same phone and version.
Aside of that, I'm not an expert, how we can receive updates nor security updates with xiaomi.eu rom if our phone don't have the weekly rom? Thanks

the google play system update is getting downloaded automatically and breaking camera, sound, haptics, flash and no social media app can load photos or videos, on latest 14.0.10.0 for my mi11(venus)
each time i need to format data for this issue which wastes my time making backup each time.
is there any way i can disable this service or at least block it from downoading and istalling the update ????
here is a logcat of the activities that happen during the crash : logcat
This just happened to me on my 12x. All that exactly happened. Running the latest beta. It updated and now nothing works on the phone

Follow the thread....i found a fix for that as you see everyone is giving feedback
Thank you! I saw your solution, and that fixed it. I found the damn file.
Edit: I found your solution as I was writing to say I had a similar problem. But it works. It fixed it.
Noted that the October system update breaks the ROM on the Xiaomi 12x.

It works on the Xiaomi 12x. I was able to delete using twrp. The file name wasn't exactly the same, only the numbers were different, but that did it. Thank you so much!

developer had uploaded a lot of ROMs on 10th NOV. When installed such ROM, my mi 13 back to normal.

developer had uploaded a lot of ROMs on 10th NOV. When installed such ROM, my mi 13 back to normal.
oh thank you - good catch, i will try that tomorrow! (Mi10 Ultra, cas)

just to confirm: you did UPDATE, without formatting data, right?