[rn3pro_se] Unofficially Unlocked Bootloader?

AlexCleric

Members
Dec 22, 2016
Hi! :)
I have a Redmi Note 3 Pro Special Edition phone.
Someone got successfully install the Xiaomi.eu ROM with unofficially unlocked bootloader? If yes, which method of unlocking and which TWRP recovery?
Because i unlocked it unofficially from a tutorial I found on the web, and tried with ZCX TWRP and also with safe_TWRP, but the TWRP automatic reboots to system after the "MD5 Check: No MD5 file found." and don't install anything.
So if someone could write me a tutorial to unlock unofficially and a link for compatible TWRP, and how to install Xiaomi.eu ROM for unofficially unlocked bootloader, i would be very happy! :)

Thanks!

And if i unlock bootloader and install twrp & root according to these tutorials then i'll able to install xiaomi.eu rom without that md5 error?

And if i unlock bootloader and install twrp & root according to these tutorials then i'll able to install xiaomi.eu rom without that md5 error?
You should be able to install any unofficial ROM when the bootloader is unlocked & TWRP Installed.

Btw, did you try skipping Md5 check?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Yea i wanted to try but i didn't find any option to skip MD5 check in safe_TWRP? May i use normal TWRP without any modifications? Because i read somwhere the safe_TWRP and ZCX TWRP is specially for unofficially unlocked bootloaders to patch boot.img to avoid bootloops.

Specifically this part?

If unlocked unofficially using MiFlash
  1. Install one of the patched/safe TWRP's that do not hardbrick on flashing MIUI roms. If you language is Chinese in the recovery, select menu item present on column 2-row 3 on main twrp page, and select the globe icon and choose your language.
  2. If after flashing the safe TWRP, your base rom does not boot, you can just proceed to installing Xiaomi.eu rom
  3. As a precaution, delete the emmc_appsboot.mbn file from the rom zip using winrar. Just open the zip in winrar and delete without extraction. Winrar will do the necessary repacking without worrying you.
  4. Do a normal wipe of the phone and install xioami.eu rom from twrp
  5. Precautionary step: flash the universal boot.img flasher from your safe twrp thread. Some twrp builds do not need this, some do. Read in your twrp thread of choice if it is needed.

I read this thread already. I install that safe TWRP, and started to proceed install the Xiaomi.eu ROM.
It writes delete the emmc_appsboot.mbn from the ROM zip. But the Xiaomi.eu ROM doesn't have emmc_appsboot.mbn file in the zip :| so i skipped this step.
When i proceed to install the ROM, i wiped data, cache, dalvik, started to flash Xiaomi.eu, but when it writes "MD5 Check: No MD5 file found." the phone reboots to system...

& what ROM are you currently running? & Kenzo or Kate?

Kate of course. My device is Kate. Global Dev ROM. And i tried to install the Xiaomi.eu Kate Weekly ROM

Yea, me too. lol
I have no idea what cause that reboot error.
I also contacted with a moderator but he said nobody had similar problem with installing Xiaomi.eu rom. He also said maybe the unofficial bootloader unlock cause the problem... But i'm sure there is a method to install this rom with unofficial unlock because i read posts of couple of peoples who installed the rom with unofficial unlocked device. I just don't know the method ._.

I think skipping any steps & the deletion of emmc_appsboot.mbn needs to be addressed firstly to make sure that's not the issue, I'll download it myself & have a look. I'll get back to you.

Yeah well that XDA thread specifically talks about unofficial unlocking & Xiaomi.eu so it's been done...

Yep... maybe i screwed up something... but don't know what...
I tried many times to unofficially unlock the bootloader with different methods (also the method from XDA thread), I always got success, just can't install the Xiaomi.eu rom

Can you check this for me, Go to Settings/About Device/ Click on Kernel Version 5 times/Software Version & check unlock status:
802a6133bc43939e9e8a3c96c15e8381.jpg

Yea...
Maybe the unofficial unlock cause the error?
Because i followed a tutorial to replace the emmc_appsboot.mbn in the Fastboot rom with an unlocked emmc_appsboot.mbn and then flash it with MiFlash to unlock the bootloader.

No there was no emmc.appsboot.mbn file in the . Zip

If it were me I would flash the Cofface TWRP as at least with that you can skip Md5 verification if needed but it's your device so...But you should be able to get back using SP flash tools & a recovery ROM if anything goes wrong.
Btw there are no Md5 files contained in the Xiaomi.eu zip builds to be checked. It's just a manual check.

Ok. Thanks. I'll give it a try..
You have to just skip md5 check when installing rom zip file.
xiaomi.eu roms have modded boot. img and no emmc_appsboot.mbn file in them.
I have flashed multiple times xiaomi. eu roms with zcx_twrp and locked bootloader on kate. Make sure to check the flag to disable dm-verify in settings and not to check for md5 verification during rom install, you don't have a md5 file to verify.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Special Edition (Kate) via Tapatalk