[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

i'm on possibly the slowest internet connection in the world so it'll be like 40 mins til the download finishes. but as soon as it does, i'll test it and let you kno how it goes

@fusingblackrose, seeing as there's a version of MIUI available for the Epic already that boots, wouldn't it be easier to use scripts and other pieces of that to get a newer version fully functional? Not trying to take away from your abilities as your effort is very much appreciated, just figured it may be easier. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=952615

@fusingblackrose, seeing as there's a version of MIUI available for the Epic already that boots, wouldn't it be easier to use scripts and other pieces of that to get a newer version fully functional? Not trying to take away from your abilities as your effort is very much appreciated, just figured it may be easier. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=952615

tried that last night...link to ROM has been removed :/

I never had problems with cwm3.0.0.6 the new one from rom manager is the one with problems. But just an idea for u. :)

Edit I also opened up the zip that I download from OP and I didn't see a zimage kernel in there. I think that might have a lot to do with it not booting up
Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

I never had problems with cwm3.0.0.6 the new one from rom manager is the one with problems. But just an idea for u. :)

Edit I also opened up the zip that I download from OP and I didn't see a zimage kernel in there. I think that might have a lot to do with it not booting up
Sent from my SPH-D700 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Yea i thought the same..but then i downloaded the vibrant port and it doesnt have one either :S yesterday with the GB port we were booting up but into our old roms (bonsai/midnight)..hope it gets fixed soon. i cant wait to play with this!

Maybe its due to the use of the EVO rom for port...v1 or 2 (from fascinate) i think was loading and booting up fine..they have a 1.3.5 build you can port from i think...Facinate 1.3.5 MIUI

Thanks for this! I think ill use that one since the phones are close. I'm kinda in the car right now, but when I get home, ill try porting from that.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Yea thanks for this!! And what i want to try is open both ^^this^^ and v3-3 in 7zip (or wtvr) and replace the Update script with ahmgsk's script..unfortunately i have to work soon so i dont have time to reflash after :/ anyone willing to try this?

Yea thanks for this!! And what i want to try is open both ^^this^^ and v3-3 in 7zip (or wtvr) and replace the Update script with ahmgsk's script..unfortunately i have to work soon so i dont have time to reflash after :/ anyone willing to try this?

what would i have to do to replace teh update script? i am looking at both files

what would i have to do to replace teh update script? i am looking at both files

open them up in 7zip (dont extract) and it sounds like it could be as easy as replacing Meta-INF folder..but i dont have ahmgsk's version yet so i cant tell if they have the same files or not....btw I DO NOT MAKE ROMS so this is just me suggesting something (hopefully its as easy as a theme). I hope this will get rid of the stat 6 and 7 issues...

EDIT: or carry SYSTEM folder and boot.img into ahmgsk's MIUI.zip... Im going to try this when i get back (if fusingblackrose hasnt fixed it by then..)

I'm giving it a shot.. will let you know what I get.

EDIT: I carried the system folder over, overwriting all files but build.conf. I didn't copy the boot.img though.

Installed but never got past the MIUI boot screen. Will copy the boot.img and try again.

Copied the system folder over, flashed, and never got past the boot screen. Copied the boot.img over, and deleted blmwrite, mount.sh, and zImage, and it never got past the boot screen.
The last try, I copied boot.img over, and left blmwrite, mount.sh, and Zimage, and once again, never got past the boot screen.

I'm porting from the 1.3.5 fascinate build. I'm just using the porting feature, not editing anything. I just want to see if it'll work without me having to do anything.

I copied your system folder over to MIUI_EPIC_1, so it used his META-INF folder. I can try with the build prop too.

EDIT: The 3-3 download link is gone, so I can't do it with the build.prop