[ROM][1.8.5] Samsung Epic 4G [Official Thread][We're Back!]

Aright so before I go to bed I have to update...keyboard is fully functional (I'm typing on it right now), 3g now works (also 1x I present with low signal/no data use) and I finally got the power button working so wake lock/ lock works..and power off etc. And theme manager works now. I'll upload tomorrow or maybe tonight...and usb is working so far.

Havnt made callls (its almost 5 am here lol) and havnt tested mms so can't tell if it works xD good night guys!

Here you go guys: have fun!!!

Aright so before I go to bed I have to update...keyboard is fully functional (I'm typing on it right now), 3g now works (also 1x I present with low signal/no data use) and I finally got the power button working so wake lock/ lock works..and power off etc. And theme manager works now. I'll upload tomorrow or maybe tonight...and usb is working so far.

Havnt made callls (its almost 5 am here lol) and havnt tested mms so can't tell if it works xD good night guys!

Here you go guys: have fun!!!

Calls are working, but I don't have 3G, just an indication. Still no data with my phone. Good job on the rest!

Sometimes have to toggle speaker to here other person. Takes to long for screen to turn on when receiving a call, sometimes goes to voicemail. Getting so close! Loving it.

Sent from bad to the bone Epic

I tried that too.. it doesn't work for me at all. I tried flashing a diff kernel just to see, and same thing with Vision Kernel v1.1.

Oh yeah I forgot, flash the dual boot kernel. I don't know what it does but 3g is fine or me...even through 3 reboots lol and yea, I don't know where to even start for mms...ad the call bug are driving me crazy!

I think I replaced anything called ril with files from cm7. Also I changed things in build.prop (I think) and for the keyboard I replaced the keychars and keytrace (can't remember the name) with the folder from cm7.

Wow you don't get much sleep asdfghjkl. But your name is easy to remember. Lol

Sent from bad to the bone Epic

Oh yeah I forgot, flash the dual boot kernel. I don't know what it does but 3g is fine or me...even through 3 reboots lol and yea, I don't know where to even start for mms...ad the call bug are driving me crazy!

I think I replaced anything called ril with files from cm7. Also I changed things in build.prop (I think) and for the keyboard I replaced the keychars and keytrace (can't remember the name) with the folder from cm7.

So is this the 1.4.15, or the 1.3.5?

I still don't get a 3G connection. After I turn off wifi, I get one webpage to load (while the gps signal is flashing lol) and then no more network connection.. I probably gotta reflash or something, but will have to do that in a few hours.

EDIT: After sitting for about 5 minutes, it's working! No idea what caused/didn't cause it, but it's good for now.

As soon as they fix it so we can recieve sms, I'll flash this. @devs Will that be soon? Any timeframe? Ahmgsk had the same bug in his early builds on XDA, but as far as I know, he fixed it.

I don't know if this'll work, but I found this:

"On your storage card you will have a folder named inbox and another folder named inbox."some random numbers".You must delete the folder named inbox."some random nubmers". For example inbox.m63jh47523"

Yea I don't get tired when I'm working on this so I forget to check the time xD this is 1.3.5 but I think I changed the build.prop to say 1.4.15 lol forgot to change it back xD. Umm ahmgsk should be helping on Sunday but I want to see if I can get SMS working tonight...I may ask the cm7 team or bonsai for help with that...

EDIT: oh mike, 3g takes a second to startup but for the most part it works lol anyone know if mms is working? (I doubt it is but I can hope lol)

EDIT 2: I also changed the fingerprint from what it was (I think fascinate) to the I9000...

Here, try these steps to fix MMS:

10) Get apktool for these steps. Copy the edited framework-res.apk into the folder with apktool in it. Also copy the N1 framework.jar into that folder as well.
11) Open a command prompt and go to the directory with apktool in it.
12) Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". This will import the file as a library. This is helpful if you're doing translations.
13) Now decompile framework.jar by typing "apktool d framework.jar"

If you know what changes to make, then you're good...otherwise, I typically pull the framework.jar out of CM6.1 and name it frameworkc.jar. Then I decompile it.

14) Having both windows open (getting really messy here) go to smali\com\google\android and copy the mms folder over. This is the MMS fix.
15) Now go to smali\android\hardware and copy over the CameraSwitch.smali, HTCFrontFacingCam.smali, Camera.smali, Camera$Parameters.smali over.
16) This next one is iffy, but in the smali\android\media folder, you mainly want CameraProfile.smali and CamcorderProfile.smali, DecoderCapabilities.smali, Mediafile.smali, MediaRecorder.smali, and MiniThumbFile.smali. There may be other files too so you have to check for size differences. This mainly fixes the Camera and Camcorder to work with the CM6.1 Camera.apk as well as get the sound working.
17) After that, you have to recompile framework.jar (apktool b framework.jar.out) and copy the resulting file from framework.jar.out\dist back into the N1 ROM.

This was taken from the HTC Evo porting guide, but you get the picture. I have time today, i'll try it out.

Here, try these steps to fix MMS:

10) Get apktool for these steps. Copy the edited framework-res.apk into the folder with apktool in it. Also copy the N1 framework.jar into that folder as well.
11) Open a command prompt and go to the directory with apktool in it.
12) Type "apktool if framework-res.apk". This will import the file as a library. This is helpful if you're doing translations.
13) Now decompile framework.jar by typing "apktool d framework.jar"

Thanks! Unfortunately I can't get to my computer until late tonight..I MIGHT be able to try it soon but idk. This sounds like it could hold the fixes for other things too..

EDIT: the OP says 1.4.15...um that was my bad. I used the build.prop I was editing for GB. I guess it works well now but that version is 1.3.5. I think...correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't gb have a new style notification bar?? That's how I'm sure its still 1.3.5 lol I'll try gb tonight...again. but could you help me with the kitchen? I have NO idea how to use it lol and I think vibrant or fascinate port wil work...better lol

Thanks! Unfortunately I can't get to my computer until late tonight..I MIGHT be able to try it soon but idk. This sounds like it could hold the fixes for other things too..

EDIT: the OP says 1.4.15...um that was my bad. I used the build.prop I was editing for GB. I guess it works well now but that version is 1.3.5. I think...correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't gb have a new style notification bar?? That's how I'm sure its still 1.3.5 lol I'll try gb tonight...again. but could you help me with the kitchen? I have NO idea how to use it lol and I think vibrant or fascinate port wil work...better lol

I'll work on this in about 15 min or so.

Yea I don't get tired when I'm working on this so I forget to check the time xD this is 1.3.5 but I think I changed the build.prop to say 1.4.15 lol forgot to change it back xD. Umm ahmgsk should be helping on Sunday but I want to see if I can get SMS working tonight...I may ask the cm7 team or bonsai for help with that...

EDIT: oh mike, 3g takes a second to startup but for the most part it works lol anyone know if mms is working? (I doubt it is but I can hope lol)

EDIT 2: I also changed the fingerprint from what it was (I think fascinate) to the I9000...

MMS isn't working.. I tried it earlier both send/receive.

Yea, again sorry about that guys. I lost track of the build.props xD sorry for the confusion...I'm going to play with GB today...It didn't boot with CM7 kernel..I'll try with this one now..

I meant it said on the thread that it was 1.4. With a link that said 1.4.15. Or are we still talking about the same thing?