[rom][cm12.1] Last Hope Rom - Best Rom Ever? ;)

I'm still confused with partition layout. I noticed that "storage" partition (last biggest partition number 24 aka /sdcard) was not used, and the user content which is supposed to be there was created under /data/media ("userdata" partition) or /storage/legacy. So I quickly realized this because of space constraints of 3.5GB /data partition, and merged partition 23 with partition 24 (it was a pain, but thanks to TWRP which can backup/restore from otg-usb flashdisk). So now I don't have no "storage" partition and have one big "userdata" partition (my partition layout looks like in this post http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...407-better-than-miui.29188/page-8#post-267884 )
and it seems to work, but for example HERE navigation fail to start with complaints about missing sdcard. Before merging these last 2 partitions HERE was running but can't store offline data to /data/media because of low space.

Last edited:
Not sure about everyone, but it happens to me. Clean install, no system apps or their data restored from backup. Also no GAPPS neither Xposed.

I upgraded my spouse's phone a day ago, we'll see if it bothers hers, too. (Until now, she used RC2 from early December 2015 and no memory problems at all).
It begins to happen to me after 2 or 3 days of a clean install.

I'm still confused with partition layout. I noticed that "storage" partition (last biggest partition number 24 aka /sdcard) was not used, and the user content which is supposed to be there was created under /data/media ("userdata" partition) or /storage/legacy. So I quickly realized this because of space constraints of 3.5GB /data partition, and merged partition 23 with partition 24 (it was a pain, but thanks to TWRP which can backup/restore from otg-usb flashdisk). So now I don't have no "storage" partition and have one big "userdata" partition (my partition layout looks like in this post http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...407-better-than-miui.29188/page-8#post-267884 )
and it seems to work, but for example HERE navigation fail to start with complaints about missing sdcard. Before merging these last 2 partitions HERE was running but can't store offline data to /data/media because of low space.
I'm having a similair problem. It seems that TWRP is misinterpreting the location of the data partition. This is preventing me from converting to f2fs. Any idea how to fix this?

I'm having a similair problem. It seems that TWRP is misinterpreting the location of the data partition. This is preventing me from converting to f2fs. Any idea how to fix this?
This is what I did:

In bootloader mode, I flashed the m11kkaa's script found in XDA, in this thread

[URL='http://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-2']Xiaomi Mi 2 --> Mi 2 Original Android Development --> Flashtools (MiFlash4Linux, Recovery from QDL/DLOAD, Partition resize).[/URL]

The script pack you need to flash is "aries_core_unified_single_xiaomi.zip". Inside the ZIP there are two scripts.
First you need to flash the one named "flash_core", reboot into bootloader again and flash the one named "flash_partition_table_and_core".

This scripts will make a full repartition with the latest one recommended by xiaomi. Also It will flash modem and twrp 2.8.

You can change the "recovery.img" file from "images" folder with the one of twrp 3.0.2 if you want to install this version, before applying the scripts

Once you have flashed the two scripts, you have to boot into recovery (twrp) and repair and wipe all filesystems. You can change to f2fs /data and /cache if you want.

Here you have a clean phone, waiting to be flashed with any new rom like RC6. I think this is the most cleanest way to do this

Anybody knows if the latest apk of Viper4Android, found in vipersaudio.com, version 2.4.0.1, works in our devices with this ROM?

Anybody knows if the latest apk of Viper4Android, found in vipersaudio.com, version 2.4.0.1, works in our devices with this ROM?
Work great for me ;)
Screenshot_2016-04-18-23-45-04.png

You have to a) change SElinux to permissive mode b) install mod for V4A to work on enforcing SElinux (google for V4A enforcing SElinux and there should pop-up some results from xda)

Reactions: kamakasnh
Hallo bugers ,my mobile phone is Mi2sc ,it can't find singal ,I mean ,this is a signal issue on a phone. I use China Telecom.This problem sustain RC2 to RC6,can you fix it ?thx a lot

Last edited:
Hallo bugers ,my mobile phone is Mi2sc ,it can't find singal ,I mean ,this is a signal issue on a phone. I use China Telecom.This problem sustain RC2 to RC6,can you fix it ?thx a lot
you can try to add these strings to your build.prop, then reboot a phone, maybe it will help

# Telephony property for fix cdma
ro.telephony.default_network=10

You can add just second string, first is a comment

Sixteen Days, at first week and second week, WiFi, camera works fine, but yesterday, I got three times WiFi and camera issue, it happened at same time, and still after change battery or boot/reboot, works fine before that. Like a random event.

But better than Rc5, memory usage is very nice even boot 24 hour, and more smooth than Rc5. I think we are close to completely fix that.

Thank you bugers!

Reactions: bugers
I have a twitch force close problem, there are ways to solve it?
(Previous versions also have this problem, and AOSP MIUI tested no problem)

I have a twitch force close problem, there are ways to solve it?
(Previous versions also have this problem, and AOSP MIUI tested no problem)
I have tested a lot of different CM 12.1 ROMs from various devs and faced this problem on all. I even did my own build of CM12.1, but there is same problem with twitch, you can temporarly use Vortex app

Reactions: Doublemark
@bugers thanks for great update.
Can you add in future releases patches from here github com /microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/issues/63#issuecomment-167130288 for microg gapps signature spoofing?

I'd rather to stay away from such modifications because of security but this time I'll add it for try (this will be disabled by default to carry all other who don't want to use it). Next release will have it included.

Last edited:
Reactions: wirens
This is what I did:

In bootloader mode, I flashed the m11kkaa's script found in XDA, in this thread

Xiaomi Mi 2 --> Mi 2 Original Android Development --> Flashtools (MiFlash4Linux, Recovery from QDL/DLOAD, Partition resize).

The script pack you need to flash is "aries_core_unified_single_xiaomi.zip". Inside the ZIP there are two scripts.
First you need to flash the one named "flash_core", reboot into bootloader again and flash the one named "flash_partition_table_and_core".

This scripts will make a full repartition with the latest one recommended by xiaomi. Also It will flash modem and twrp 2.8.

You can change the "recovery.img" file from "images" folder with the one of twrp 3.0.2 if you want to install this version, before applying the scripts

Once you have flashed the two scripts, you have to boot into recovery (twrp) and repair and wipe all filesystems. You can change to f2fs /data and /cache if you want.

Here you have a clean phone, waiting to be flashed with any new rom like RC6. I think this is the most cleanest way to do this
Can your way make different finale state of the phone instead of flash latest MIUI rom with merged particions -> flash TWRP by flashify app -> flash RC6
Or I don't get the point?
Thanks

Hi buggers, I ask you if you are working in cm12.1rc7(?) or cm13, to fix wifi issues and maybe camera. I think you are one of two people who is developing for mi2 in the world (with marvolo?)
Thanks