[ROM][LINARO] CyanogenMod 11 Modified Edition [09/09/14]

Did you even read notes?

1. Put both recoverys to root of SDCARD with ROM.
2.Flash recovery v1 and then reboot into it.
3.Flash ROM and then flash recovery v2
4.Reboot into recovery v2 and flash gapps

EDIT: I will put it into OP sunce many people have problems.
1.I flash V1rec,then I reboot.
2.I flash cm-11-20140720-unoffical-aries.zip,but "symlink: some symlinks failed"&"installation aborted"
I wana know why? THANKS!

Some progress, when doing an adb shell, partition list, I saw the partition 26 (userdata) had no filesystem. Simply trying to format it after unmount got me complains about a bad superblock.
So I took the commands from the 'bigger systems' repartition script (thanks again @M1cha) and adjusted the start position for that partition to the original (Xiaomi delivered) value.

After doing an unmount of the /data partition in the recovery, I could do the following commands correctly (maybe not all are needed for this case but this was the cleanest way to re-create the partition):

Code:
parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 rm 26
parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 mkpartfs primary ext2 1812MB 5570MB
tune2fs -j /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
e2fsck -fDy /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
tune2fs -O extents,uninit_bg,dir_index /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
e2fsck -fDy /dev/block/mmcblk0p26
parted -s /dev/block/mmcblk0 name 26 userdata

then I could do a flash of an official CM11 nightly I still had lingering around on my SD card.

Trying to flash the Linaro compiled CM11 of July 20th still caused issues, complaints about missing symlinks and stopping with error 7. Funny, since then I now should have been in the correct situation to flash it in the 1st place, using the V1 recovery.

Anyway, I now have a blank, fresh CM11 install, able to do a titanium restore and hopefully back running in short time. And waiting for a more foolproof install process.

This might be usefull for whoever ended up in the same situation as me. I used a VMWARE image of the LinuxMint based DevDistro, since that one has all drivers and stuff installed and working. And I had it still around, from the time I was playing with Android app development :) Windows users might have to install drivers etc ... search around in the threads for that.

@XperianPro, will the F2FS formatted partition be able to be flashed using Fastboot or will we lose that way of resolving things in the future (at least till fastboot full flash also understands F2FS filesystems) ?

Last edited:
Did you even read notes?

1. Put both recoverys to root of SDCARD with ROM.
2.Flash recovery v1 and then reboot into it.
3.Flash ROM and then flash recovery v2
4.Reboot into recovery v2 and flash gapps

Same error, Flashed v1 recovery > Reboot recovery > Install 0720 build > status 7 error

I got it,I was made some mistake

Did yu manage to get this working?

Last edited:
No,I didn't.
After almost the whole day reading others report I manage to get this "working":
1) Install M1cha's partition script
2) Follow the guide by XperianPro

The wifi it's broken after a restart, but I get the same wifi experience with 0721 official build, but to fix clear cache and dalvik witch in F2Fs version of CWM isn't working

Problems are not possible to fix because of Dualboot features ( I'm thinking of removing it completely because I cant build recovery with it) and Philz touch is only recovery supporting F2FS fully that has some minor problems for now.

Problems are not possible to fix because of Dualboot features ( I'm thinking of removing it completely because I cant build recovery with it) and Philz touch is only recovery supporting F2FS fully that has some minor problems for now.

Until now the wifi it's the only problem because TDB it's a interesting feature for testing ROM's (which I like a lot) but for daily driver Linaro, F2FS and optimizations are far more useful to me.

Keep going on this project!

Reactions: Netweaver
Until now the wifi it's the only problem because TDB it's a interesting feature for testing ROM's (which I like a lot) but for daily driver Linaro, F2FS and optimizations are far more useful to me.

Same here, I can easily live without TDB if I have to chose between a top notch fast and stable CM11 or TDB...

But please make sure it's possible in the recovery to backup/restore both situations for Partition 26: being ext4 or f2fs. So that we can still do a full backup/restore when wanting to (ex)change ROMs.

Wifi works for me.
Could you give me logs?

So to clarify, the only (major) issue this rom is experiencing is True Dual Boot incompatibility?

I'm currently on one of Mokee's latest builds and am not pleased with battery life so was looking to test this Linaro build, and hopefully it was stable enough to be used as a daily driver.

At this point, I'm pretty much done testing Mi2(S) custom roms side-by-side. This is still a great phone (one of the best on the market still IMO), but I'm looking for best performance/stability/battery life to see how much longer I can use this last great Xiaomi phone to its fullest potential.

Swyped from my Mi2S

Wifi works for me.
Could you give me logs?
Wifi works on the first boot without problems, but after I restore the Android ID from TitatuimBackup or reboot for other reason the wifi won't work or sometimes will. Later I will try again and post some logs