[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

@M1cha I have a problem with light indicator.
When I put the phone on the charging indicator is lit continuously. On MIUI and other firmwares with the nucleus from Ivan - the LED blinks. It is possible to set the interval. Any ideas? Or is it impossible?
Interesting fact - when the battery is charged to 100% - the indicator blinks green, but does not light up constantly.

@M1cha I have a problem with light indicator.
When I put the phone on the charging indicator is lit continuously. On MIUI and other firmwares with the nucleus from Ivan - the LED blinks. It is possible to set the interval. Any ideas? Or is it impossible?
Interesting fact - when the battery is charged to 100% - the indicator blinks green, but does not light up constantly.

check this post http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/...he-xiaomi-mi2-aries.24608/page-73#post-222073

BTW when investigating I've found that there is second back side microphone which is used in MIUI to suppress background noise during voice calls, which might be a source of distortion. Is this true, and is this microphone used in same way in CM as well?

Hi guys, sorry if I ask a silly question but I can't find the answer in the thread.

I have a Mi2S with ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.5.0 and TDB enabled. I want to upgrade the Nightlies automatically with the "Update and restart" function, but it says that "This feature requires a compatible recovery". My question is: will it work with my CWM 6.0.5.0 recovery? Or do I have to perfome some other "trick"?

Thank you for your help, and for the truly great ROM

Guys, I need urgent help!
I have to install latest stable CM11 ROM for Samsung GT-I8160. Could anyone please help me? The phone is in factory condition. I never tried install any ROM for this model. So, detailed and safety instruction would be appreciated!

I have to install latest stable CM11 ROM for Samsung GT-I8160. Could anyone please help me? The phone is in factory condition. I never tried install any ROM for this model. So, detailed and safety instruction would be appreciated!

Its not hard i guess if you know what to do. You will hve to root and install CWM and then flash CM through CWM, if something happens there always ODIN to recover from soft bricks

Reactions: graw2
To the guys who have audio issue, disable "sound on touch" and "sound on lock" in config -> sound
Only disabling sound to touch and sound on lock in config wont solve the issue. It u are using default Trebuchet Launcher then there should be no sound issue like audio distortion during playback as Ok Google detection is not enabled by default. But if u use Google experience launcher or any other launcher which have Ok google enabled, there will be sound issue. So the ultimate soulution is to disable Ok google detection.

This issue is also present in Ivan's AOSP rom. I guess its a Kernel issue. @M1cha @linuxx what do u say?

1stum_you_came_to_wrong_neighborhood_mf.jpg

--> http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/531094/20131219/update-samsung-galaxy-ace-2-gt-i8160.htm

I have just successfully finished to install CM11 to GT-I8160 based on Iresh selfless assistance. Thanks guys, and especially thanks to Iresh to help me without any notice that I am in wrong topic. I hope the others will survive somehow this serious situation...

I have just successfully finished to install CM11 to GT-I8160 based on Iresh selfless assistance. Thanks guys, and especially thanks to Iresh to help me without any notice that I am in wrong topic. I hope the others will survive somehow this serious situation...
Dude you're in wrong side, you can't do sarcasm like that.
It's like if I ask here how to prepare a cheesecake and I pretend to someone who explains to me.
You also found 3 person that gave you links for your problem, you should only say thanks and be quiet.

Perhaps, but at least mine request was cm11 related... I was in trouble with that phone, and I needed quick help what I received. I did not want to register to dead forums and waiting forever to get an answer. That's all... I already stepped over it. Thanks a lot again! I'm back to original topic...

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

Only disabling sound to touch and sound on lock in config wont solve the issue. It u are using default Trebuchet Launcher then there should be no sound issue like audio distortion during playback as Ok Google detection is not enabled by default. But if u use Google experience launcher or any other launcher which have Ok google enabled, there will be sound issue. So the ultimate soulution is to disable Ok google detection.

This issue is also present in Ivan's AOSP rom. I guess its a Kernel issue. @M1cha @linuxx what do u say?
We say u have to read before posting useless duplicates posts. Its xiaomi fault. We need new (kk) blobs. I won't answer this question anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: cbpbxecmecmbeh
Mi2s works with MHL just fine. Only have I not found how to force e.g. image viewer QuickPic to display images at higher resolution.

That is: Mi2s screen is HD, TV is Full HD. MHL seems to clone existing framebuffer to TV, apps probably do not know that MHL is connected.

The photo displayed on TV is blurred. It helps to zoom in and out. I assume it is a result of speed optimisation of QuickPic (the worse quality is not noticeable on the small phone screen).

Is there anything that can be done to improve the MHL output?

I was finally forced to experiment with baseband firmware and I hope someone can clarify this:

1) first 2 MMC partitions labeled firmware (/firmware mounted), do I assume correctly first is used in system1 and second in system2? (seems so, but I don't understand how its achieved)

2) since CM11-aries ROM does not contain NON-HLOS.bin (content of /firmware) can I be sure nothing will touch the content of /firmware when upgrading new CM11 ROM? because official miui ROM contain NON-HLOS.bin and update /firmware content after flashing

3) I downloaded all available baseband firmware from http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/radio-all-xiaomi-mi2-radio-thread.19846/ just to compare the content from what I already had in /firmware partitions (it must be from original MIUI rom which I've OTA upgraded once) which differs from all dowloaded firmware, I will go with this firmware now

I'm currently experiencing a tough problem on my Mi2s.. Today, it suddenly starting to reboot continuously (hard reboot, I see MI logo) and is not possible to use the phone or to enter in the recovery.. Could anyone help me?

Have you tried pulling out the battery and try to enter recovery?
Yes, many times.. I also tried to use the phone without battery, with the usb charger pulled to the PC but no way! It doesn't work.. If I try to enter the recovery, it suddenly goes back to the MI screen.. maybe ghost touch

Well, even if it is ghost touch, during the boot process there is nothing to touch...i'm not an expert but it seems to me like a corrupted file situation or maybe hardware failure.Have you tried booting in bootloader?

I solved using the recovery and, after many attempts, I was able to start the phone on system 2 and re-install the CM on system 1. It works now!