[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

I have seen in previous posts there are some new gapps link shared by users. All different so, actually what is the best fit gapps for CM11?

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk

I have seen in previous posts there are some new gapps link shared by users. All different so, actually what is the best fit gapps for CM11?

Could somebody inform me,
which gapps should I install for CM11? In second post shared by Linuxx is still the best? Or is there newer, better version? Thx!

Hi,
I have a permissions issue after wiping sdcard: after formatting sdcard (from cwm or from the settings menu/backup and restore, the result is the same).
It looks like cm cannot write anything on a freshly formatted /sdcard partition. Writing is impossible for both apps and through USB connection.
The only workaround I found is to start a miui ROM (I have true dual boot enabled) then reboot again into cyanogen. This seems to fix permissions. Is anyone of you experiencing a similar issue ? I reproduced the problem on two different devices. I also posted some info on github.

Thanks in advance!

"Ok Google" only working from Google Search app, but does not working on any screen and does not working from lock screen. Any idea how to get working from any screen including lock screen?

"Ok Google" only working from Google Search app, but does not working on any screen and does not working from lock screen. Any idea how to get working from any screen including lock screen?

Thats because theres no app that will trigger this.

Hi,
I have a permissions issue after wiping sdcard: after formatting sdcard (from cwm or from the settings menu/backup and restore, the result is the same).
It looks like cm cannot write anything on a freshly formatted /sdcard partition. Writing is impossible for both apps and through USB connection.
The only workaround I found is to start a miui ROM (I have true dual boot enabled) then reboot again into cyanogen. This seems to fix permissions. Is anyone of you experiencing a similar issue ? I reproduced the problem on two different devices. I also posted some info on github.

Thanks in advance!
Yes i hve the issue and its really easy to reproduce, before flashing the ROM if i FORMAT (not wipe data) the internal memory through CWM CM cannot write to it, solved by using MiFlash and flashing MIUI and then flashing CM through recovery without formatting the internal memory. Really easy to reproduce hapens every time i format the internal SD.

The same thing happens if you try to use the setting in CM to reset your phone.

If you hve TDB switched on then just booting to MIUI and back to CM solved the problem

Thats because theres no app that will trigger this.
I have seen many YouTube video where Ok Google working perfectly from any screen, including on my friend's Nexus 5.

Last edited:
OK Google depends on your country, in my case, only works in "spanish (spanish)" and not in "spanish (EEUU)". And Ok Google need to configure to use it in config tab in google search. It's have an option to use when the screen it's on or not

Reactions: Shuvo_bd
Could somebody inform me,
which gapps should I install for CM11? In second post shared by Linuxx is still the best? Or is there newer, better version? Thx!

You can try Gapps by BANKS.

My system language is ENG US and I am using minimal gapps by BANKS and I installed Google Search separately from Google Play

I can see only one option "Ok Google from Google Search"

Last edited:
I don't think so, but I can try! Anyway you can see screenshots below about my settings. It seems everything are ok, but still no option for OK Google from any screen (as you can see in second pic) :

68f00d44f4028ccf6be6b7f9b3192aad.jpg

8a494bffead2b89955027b013322c0b8.jpg

Last edited:
I don't think so, but I can try! Anyway you can see screenshots below about my settings. It seems everything are ok, but still no option for OK Google from any screen (as you can see in second pic) :

68f00d44f4028ccf6be6b7f9b3192aad.jpg

8a494bffead2b89955027b013322c0b8.jpg

Thats because you need specific app or that is "plugin".
Without it you cant use this feature.

Thats because you need specific app or that is "plugin".
Without it you cant use this feature.
Could you please help what specific app or plugin needed to enable ok Google detection from any screen?

I have also installed Google now launcher but it did not help.

Xiaomi world is not too easy, we have to fight for everything!

Could you please help what specific app or plugin needed to enable ok Google detection from any screen?

I have also installed Google now launcher but it did not help.

Xiaomi world is not too easy, we have to fight for everything!

It took me less than 1 min to find it.

UVQuirZMCnSEu7Tx

Ok thanks I am going to try it, I will give feedback soon...
(I read lot of related forum since yesterday but it was not in there...)

sorry, i don't understand what your problem is.

I just turned it on with ok google detection on lockscreen and any homescreen and search app.

Turn it on in google now set language to en us, ok google detection to [x] from google search app, [x] from any screen (then you have to say 3x "ok google" which was very hard for me :D, [x] from lock screen

i enabled search bar and search panel in trebuchet and dont even have google now launcer installed.

this "issue" has nothing to to with cm or mi2 in my opinion.

now i have to turn off this crap again :p

Yeah, I know how should work but what if I can see only 1 option for Google detection:
"from Google Search app "

The other options what you mentioned "from any screen" and "from lock screen" do not appear for me as you can see on my screenshots previously. All other settings are the same with you. Maybe Google checking the location and it is not working in Hungary... Anyway I am trying what XperianPro said before...