[ROM][Official][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 Nightlies for the Xiaomi MI2 (aries)

Yeah, I know how should work but what if I can see only 1 option for Google detection:
"from Google Search app "

The other options what you mentioned "from any screen" and "from lock screen" do not appear for me as you can see on my screenshots previously. All other settings are the same with you. Maybe Google checking the location and it is not working in Hungary... Anyway I am trying what XperianPro said before...

Sent from my Mi2S using Tapatalk
https://www.google.com/search?q=ok+...google&sourceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8
Good luck man.

Hello,

I have 11-20140821-NIGHTLY-aries version installed.

1) Please, where do you guys set the proximity wake-up? the M9 should have proximity wake-up support but I don't see it under "Display and lights" nor anywhere else.
2) How can I set that the apps I use no more (default browser for example) are NOT installed back in with every update?
3) Where do I set in CWM that the install is done only to one system and therefore the device doesn't have to be updated twice?
4) Does the knock to sleep works only on lockscreen? Any chance having knock to on/off in near future?
5) I want to restrict youtube and some other apps not to use any 3G data, but when I set "forbid the data usage in the backround" in the settings under youtube app for example the app still works "fine" even on 3G even though I forbid it to use 3G. How can I solve it?

Thank you very much for the great job you do!

Hello,

I have 11-20140821-NIGHTLY-aries version installed.

1) Please, where do you guys set the proximity wake-up? the M9 should have proximity wake-up support but I don't see it under "Display and lights" nor anywhere else.
2) How can I set that the apps I use no more (default browser for example) are NOT installed back in with every update?
3) Where do I set in CWM that the install is done only to one system and therefore the device doesn't have to be updated twice?
4) Does the knock to sleep works only on lockscreen? Any chance having knock to on/off in near future?
5) I want to restrict youtube and some other apps not to use any 3G data, but when I set "forbid the data usage in the backround" in the settings under youtube app for example the app still works "fine" even on 3G even though I forbid it to use 3G. How can I solve it?

Thank you very much for the great job you do!
5)android firewall jtschohl from play store

Reactions: cooler23
no success yet regarding "ok google from any screen" issue, I think it is gapps problem for me. I would like to try below gapps by BANKS, it should work:

GApps Minimal GoogleSearch 4.4.4
GApps Minimal zip plus Google Search aka Google Now
Adds offline voice recognition files for Google Search
"Ok Google Everywhere"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/standard-minimal-gapps-t2012857

Actually I am using Minimal Gapps by BANKS, how to remove it, in order to install "GApps Minimal GoogleSearch 4.4.4"?

no success yet regarding "ok google from any screen" issue, I think it is gapps problem for me. I would like to try below gapps by BANKS, it should work:

GApps Minimal GoogleSearch 4.4.4
GApps Minimal zip plus Google Search aka Google Now
Adds offline voice recognition files for Google Search
"Ok Google Everywhere"

http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/themes-apps/standard-minimal-gapps-t2012857

Actually I am using Minimal Gapps by BANKS, how to remove it, in order to install "GApps Minimal GoogleSearch 4.4.4"?

I don't know what doesn't work for you but its working just fine for me.

I also don't know! I like to change gapps, I trust the new gapps above will work! Do you know how to do that? How to remove/uninstall current gapps?

Last edited:
5)android firewall jtschohl from play store

So I got the answer for my last question. Thank you! Only 4 remaining :)

Last edited:
Guys,
thank you to all for trying help! Problem solved with changed the gapps from "Minimal" to "Mimimal + Google Search 4.4.4" by BANKS. Ok Google everywhere is already working perfectly and I could set Ok Google detection from any screen and from lockscreen as well. So it was gapps issue for me. I think most of you have PAgapps from second post by Linuxx and I think "Ok Google everywhere" also working well with this gapps.

Last edited:
How to disable notification drawer on lockscreen?

Guys,
thank you to all for trying help! Problem solved with changed the gapps from "Minimal" to "Mimimal + Google Search 4.4.4" by BANKS. Ok Google everywhere is already working perfectly and I could set Ok Google detection from any screen and from lockscreen as well. So it was gapps issue for me. I think most of you have PAgapps from second post by Linuxx and I think "Ok Google everywhere" also working well with this gapps.

Link to BANKS gapps please
No need found it. Read the earlier comments carefully ;)

Last edited:
So I got the answer for my last question. Thank you! Only 4 remaining :)

1) We are still in M8 (M9 was not released due to some problems) we will get M10 which will have the proximity wake-up in settings. Or you could switch to the latest nightlies to get the option.
2)Disable them, long press the icon from app drawer and go to App Info and disable it from there. It might get updated after each time but it wont show up on the drawer every time you update.
3)The device does not have to be updated twice. When updating select the system you were using ignore the other partition you don't have to update it.)
4)Double Tap to wake (d2w) wont be coming any time soon (too many bugs) but knock off can be done using 3rd party launches.

1) We are still in M8 (M9 was not released due to some problems) we will get M10 which will have the proximity wake-up in settings. Or you could switch to the latest nightlies to get the option.
2)Disable them, long press the icon from app drawer and go to App Info and disable it from there. It might get updated after each time but it wont show up on the drawer every time you update.
3)The device does not have to be updated twice. When updating select the system you were using ignore the other partition you don't have to update it.)
4)Double Tap to wake (d2w) wont be coming any time soon (too many bugs) but knock off can be done using 3rd party launches.

Thank you for all responses.

To my first point, I thought I'm using M9 nightly..here are some screenshots. If that is M9 nightly, where do I find it?

Screenshot_2014-08-22-13-04-43.png Screenshot_2014-08-22-13-05-17.png Screenshot_2014-08-22-13-05-29.png Screenshot_2014-08-22-13-05-35.png

And to the third point. When I tried to do that, nothing happened, no update. Only after I did the process again on System 2 and then rebooted on System 1.

currently you use the nightly from 22.08..

I also can't find this proximity wake up setting anymore, but i think it was already there.
maybe it has been removed again in one of the last nightlies.

I tried it in the first nightly where it has been implemented, and it didn't work for me as expected..

Use the Xposed module Gravity Box. In lockscreen section you can set the status bar lock policy to Always disabled
Sounds good! I never tried before xposed module. Could you pls share a link or sorce where I can find CM11 (nightly) compatible version and newest release of Xposed module Gravity Box? Thx a lot!

I put CM11 M8 on my friends phone and it allways says no sd card... :S

I allready formated USB storage under storage settings and CMW mount & storage > format /storage/sdcard0.

But no luck :(

(Posted in the wrong topic at first)

I put CM11 M8 on my friends phone and it allways says no sd card... :S

I allready formated USB storage under storage settings and CMW mount & storage > format /storage/sdcard0.

But no luck :(

(Posted in the wrong topic at first)
read above / page 71&&72

Thank you for all responses.

To my first point, I thought I'm using M9 nightly..here are some screenshots. If that is M9 nightly, where do I find it?

View attachment 8565 View attachment 8566 View attachment 8567 View attachment 8568

And to the third point. When I tried to do that, nothing happened, no update. Only after I did the process again on System 2 and then rebooted on System 1.
currently you use the nightly from 22.08..

I also can't find this proximity wake up setting anymore, but i think it was already there.
maybe it has been removed again in one of the last nightlies.

I tried it in the first nightly where it has been implemented, and it didn't work for me as expected..

I just pushed a commit to "add back" proxinity wake up, it has some hw request so every device that support it has to "tell" that it's supported

Reactions: graw2
Unfortunately the Viber does not working properly under CM11 nightly releases. The call function of Viber completely useless here, only the message function working. When I switch back to MIUI the Viber working well again. Any idea?

Notification indicator by the LED would be more better with faster flashing speed. Actually the LED flashes too slowly, and the LED ON time period is also too short. So no chance do detect any notification by visual check. Only chance to catch notification by eye if watching the phone continuously without any blink for a minute. The actual LED notification condition does not make any sense, pls consider, just common sense...I do not want my eyes to dry out!