[ROM]Xiaomi Hongmi(Red Rice) - REDMI Unique (MIUI5,Stable 16, 3G on both cards)

hi sir, thanks for the reply. however, ive bricked my phone. ive followed links in the forum to revive my phone. the phone can be turn on but its invalid imei showing.

mine redmi was a wcdma sg version. but what files they have on the forum was only the image for wcdma china version.

so i used sp flash tool to flash it and have this invalid imei problem now.

do you have any clue on how to this fixed? i have a twrp backup file before it bricked.
thanks.

hi
@limww98
Download repack. Open .zip file, dont close. Open 3.1.4 update, copy only System folder to 3.1.2 repack. Pack ROM .zip file again and flash

REDMI _Unique_patch5.zip 18.6 MB
KÓD: VYBRAŤ VŠETKOhttps://mega.co.nz/#!EgkhTAaJ!MdPQMd6gdUMPnxKbghH4qM_XxjBPQzEhgXx61WoFrzQ

hi Sonic, i tried to follow what you advised. Downloaded 3.1.2 repack, extract system folder from 3.1.4 update and copy it to 3.1.2 repack and rezip the rom file. Use twrp to install. UNable to install. Md 5 error.

Why hav we to do so difficult,
Now we have to get two zip-files open them and then copy onr file to the other , and then hoping averything went well.
Beter Sonic you provide an enw rom in which the problem has solved.

Reactions: SamAnderson
Thank you for your quick response and update 3.1.5. This is one of the best ROM. Weather works great. The recorded voice is still awful - Reverb and wake up calls.I can't open e-mail from the notification bar - I must manually open the application.

Yes. You can flash it. But bettter make clean instal with full Wipe.
hi , I downloaded rom 3.1.2 and flash then boot lop, I downloaded a new one and flash , still bootlop, I followed instruction given step by step and still bootlop , I use sg version and twrp , please help me about this. thanks before

This rom is not for Sg version. Only Wcdma and Td. Maybe later. Unbrick your phone with Sp flash tools

Yes. You can flash it. But bettter make clean instal with full Wipe.

Bugs in new ROM ?
- In stock setting:
the following item crash with error "the process com.android.settings has stopped"
mi-tools
custom-operator
vipersound
goggles

The "call flash" item is in chinese
- Ota updater notification update 3.2.1 but don't download (waiting to retry download)

Last edited:
I tested this version this afternoon and yeap, its the same as all previous ones. I always get that feeling that its just throwing things inside to fill in the bag and hardly adding any quality. Sorry about my honesty but this is crap.

The rom its indeed very quick, but similar to previsou versions its again full of apps, that in many cases do the same thing, therefore redundant.
For example, why the hell Viper4android + Dolby sound???????

- I only manage to open the calendar after loging into my Mi Account

- I kinda note in all your rom a conflict in the sound. If I enable sound when touching the screen, note that some times the sound is loud others is low. Also, on camera, when clicking on record video, instead or listning just 1 bip I listen 2, bip bip.
Clear a conflict between so many crapy and unecessary sound enhancements throwing inside the rom

- Choosing the intensity of the hepatic feedback makes no difference, or isn't working. The vibration is very strong.

- Sim toolkit app says Not Installed. THis always happen on your rom. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

- Evertime I reboot, I receive a message that a new Sim card was found (sim 2) and asks me to authenticate with internationat fees aplicable. I don't have a 2nd sim card....

- In you extremely confuse and outdated 1st post, you mention that you did not include sta-2z camera because doen'st work. Its working, I tested several of his camera.apk + miuigallery.apk

- Wi-fi extremely slow

- Ram always more than 80% in use????? WE reboot the phone and place it in the desk and without touching it we can see the ram climbing up to more than 80%.

- After installing the rom, OTA update downloaded an 3.2.1 update. After downloading choose the option to automatically reboot into CWM and install. Didn't work in 2 attempts. Had to go manually to CWM and flash the downloaded file

- Etc, etc, etc

I like to test rom, even yours, in the absence of others, but I do must say your work not only is a complet chaos b ut is also a complete zero in quality.
Sorry for not having filters on my honesty

An advice, organise yourselfe and your work, make it simple and with quality. You can't go wrong with this mix

Bugs in new ROM ?
- In stock setting:
the following item crash with error "the process com.android.settings has stopped"
mi-tools
custom-operator
vipersound
goggles

The "call flash" item is in chinese
- Ota updater notification update 3.2.1 but don't download (waiting to retry download)

An other bug Fm radio register but no sound when listening

@edyros2003 Mi Tools not included in ROM. Enable Root, open WSM and download MI Tools. Viper will be later as addon. No integrated in ROM
Googles is bugged. call flash - is in CN, yes, no time for translate. Fast every app can be translated, except Googles. After translating not works.
@pjovp For me is RAM cca 440 MB free. Chceck installed apps.
Viper + Dolby? This is power of android. You can choice what you want. Preinstalled only Dolby, Viper later as addon for make ROM clean as possible
Have you tried cooking your ROM? Tri translate CN ROMs to all langagues, translating all custom APPS , fixing many bugs, test RAM managment, Antutu benchmark , include google apps a make ROM cca 360 MB large an with 600 MB free memory. Good luck. Is nearly impossible. Any newer version of req. more RAM. E.g. besst memory managment Stable 4 , Stable 5. Do you want help me? I think no. When you have interest help me, send me PM. Any new ROM need cca 1 weaks of me free time and time of my friends. Any user can Donate me, but only user from my forum send me money and my ROM uses minimal 500 people. (OTA check)
Any added langague need more resources. Google play services need cca 30 MB Ram, another 50 MB Themes ...

Bug with Stock settings confirmed only when you instal ROM without full Wipe. I think problem with data storaged on SD card.

Last edited:
Good news , but what can i do with it.
Better take care that OTA works in the rom and that not for every flash you have to do a complete wipe.
Almost want to try if Cyanogenmod will work on the RedMi
Thake the first page you have to have a degrees to understand what it means to much rubbish