Resolved SGS2 Miui V4 Market Install Bug

mrwookie

Members
Sep 2, 2011
Just though id share that am experencing a bug found whilst trying to install apps from the Market/Google Play with SGS2 on Miui v4.

Certain apps when you try to install them fail and display the message Error Couldn't install on USB Storage or SD Card and so far I have had this on Where's my Water? & Burn the City.

I believe this is actually an issue that was apparent with one of the ICS beta's leaking for the SGS2 so guessing thats the base that has been used for Miui v4.

Nice easy soloution though and that is to unmount the SD card whilst installing the app, either through settings or just connect USB and mount and app installs fine and can unount afterwards.

Just thought id share for anyone who didnt already know this.

Thanks for the tip! I have the same problem (although presumeably everybody else has this problem too).

I have the same problem too! As I understood it is a problem of kernel...
Anybody here who can help us?

On LP7 bug is fixed so hopefully rom is moved to that base now.....fingers crossed!

Sent from my MI-ONE Plus using Tapatalk

I've updated the ticket with Xiaomi so we'll see what happens :)

Are you sure this is fixed in LP7? current beta internally being tested is; 3.0.15-I9100XLP7-CL233393 kernel

And that is still giving the market issue.

Just confirmed in 2.3.29 that this bug is fixed, my tester Kam_El a friend of mine confirmed the apps listed above work and download.

hi, i just noticed that the problem is resolved when installing apps under 30mb, but the error still occurs with larger file sizes.. hope this observation helps

hi, i just noticed that the problem is resolved when installing apps under 30mb, but the error still occurs with larger file sizes.. hope this observation helps

Yup! I also think that there is a correlation between the size of the app and this error. But I don't agree with ~30MB file size. 'Find Differences' is ~10MB but it still doesn't install while 'Cut the Rope' which is ~17MB got installed just fine!

I've been able to install from the market and restore from TB almost all of my apps except a few :
I'm not able to restore the following :

Jamie's 20 Minutes Meals :p
Age of Zombies
Air Attach HD
Find Differences
Tank Riders 1.0.2

Minecraft Pocket Edition is just 2,83 MB yet it fails too so there is no correlation. My personal guess is that the apps that are installed on the SDcard fails and those installed on internal storage don't. That would explain why unmounting the SDcard fixes it since it forces the app to be installed on the internal storage.

Reactions: m0h1t
Minecraft Pocket Edition is just 2,83 MB yet it fails too so there is no correlation. My personal guess is that the apps that are installed on the SDcard fails and those installed on internal storage don't. That would explain why unmounting the SDcard fixes it since it forces the app to be installed on the internal storage.

That makes so much more sense! :)

Thanx a lot .. your solution worked .. i have the same bug with the latest MIUI ROM when trying to download large apps!

I haven't realized that I have the same problem since after the installation of 2.4.20 y restored all my apps from a backup bit today I tried to install an app and it failed with the same message.
This rom keeps getting worse by the minute!

Via Tapatalk from a Galaxy SII

I haven't realized that I have the same problem since after the installation of 2.4.20 y restored all my apps from a backup bit today I tried to install an app and it failed with the same message.
This rom keeps getting worse by the minute!

Via Tapatalk from a Galaxy SII

How about going for a diff rom then instead of spamming with useless msges?

Sent from my GT-I9100

WTF!!! It's a known issue, not a useless message, and what rom I put on my phone is my problem.
If you don't want to help don't post.
Not even 50 posts I have and I'm spamming??

PS, to the risk of making matters worse. I'm not here to spam, I'm here to learn and help. I'm from a country where English is not the native language and I'm here because after reading a lot, I was adviced to this community -not just the rom-, and even though English is not my native language I try to do my best to make myself clear, to help and to learn from the community.
I have recieved a lot from this forum, and I think I have given a few little advices on the short 2 weeks that I've been here, that is why I recent your comment.
So, If I'm here is because I choose to, not because I have to. I could very well be using a Spanish rom (which is my native language) but no, in the spirit of learning and trying new things, I'm here.
Don't attack someone just for fun... they may have a reason to write what they write and to be where they are.

WTF!!! It's a known issue, not a useless message, and what rom I put on my phone is my problem.
If you don't want to help don't post.
Not even 50 posts I have and I'm spamming??

PS, to the risk of making matters worse. I'm not here to spam, I'm here to learn and help. I'm from a country where English is not the native language and I'm here because after reading a lot, I was adviced to this community -not just the rom-, and even though English is not my native language I try to do my best to make myself clear, to help and to learn from the community.
I have recieved a lot from this forum, and I think I have given a few little advices on the short 2 weeks that I've been here, that is why I recent your comment.
So, If I'm here is because I choose to, not because I have to. I could very well be using a Spanish rom (which is my native language) but no, in the spirit of learning and trying new things, I'm here.
Don't attack someone just for fun... they may have a reason to write what they write and to be where they are.

U can express your concern and bugs encountered without attacking miui saying that the rom keeps getting worse... Which is a completely inaccurate statement. They dont get any money from you and work from passion. If you dont like the rom, go bk to spanish roms

Sent from my GT-I9100

This is going to get me banned but... you are an asshole!!
My comment on the "worse" wasn't insulting, degrading or in any way inaccurate. It is a reality that this rom has waaay too much bugs comparing with previous. It was simply a statement on the rom that doesn't reflect the hard work of the devs from MIUI and this forum, and the fact that I continue to use it does reflect my support to it and the respect I have for the people that are able to code it, since I'm not.
You can not interpret it in any other way, unless, like I said, you're an asshole.

In case you guys were wondering, the Nexus S, GNEX and Mi One are the only Xiaomi ROMs made from pure source. The others are made using "patchrom", which took me around 45 tries to get it to work. Its naturally buggy-er than building from source.

However, building from source takes a helluva a lot of time, so Xiaomi only did it for flagship devices.

@Angelo....... He means the ROM is becoming more unstable and not a viable option to use ATM. Which it isn't. Try not to be agressive and emotional. If you can't read between the lines of what people are saying. Ask them to clarify. You know posting what you posted would be taken harshly. Please try and be more friendly and inclusive in future.

I to have this issue and un-installing every time I install an app, is really not practicle.

Looking forward to the fix Admin. Keep up the good work.

hey guys, thanx for the tip!!! Works like a charm!!!!
Any updates on when it is going to be fixed, I mean the bug or is it fixable at all!??