SMS pop-up window

KnightNZ

Members
Nov 8, 2010
The "SMS pop-up window" option doesn't appear to be doing anything in 11.5, I had it working with 10.22. I'm running the stock MIUI ROM with English pack #1 (downloading #2 now) - anyone else got it going or am I missing something?

The Starfield LWP also stopped working with 11.5 as well, tried a data-wipe & reinstall but no joy, it just sits there with a black screen. Not a big deal, just odd.

Right, so it's not the ROM then but something on my phone. Time for a full wipe & reflash then methinks.

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it. Wonder what caused it.

The Starfield LWP is still no-go however. I'm sure I'll live without it :)

EDIT2: And broken again. I think I reinstalled the 3rd party "SMS Pop-Up" application when I did the Titanium restore and it's mucking up the function in the ROM even when I remove it. Wiping the settings for the Messenger app doesn't reset it. For now I've just reinstalled the 3rd-party app and used that until the next ROM release when I'll do a clean reflash and be careful not to reinstall the program.

It's not just SMS popup. Mine does the same thing when I use Titanium to restore all my apps, and I don't use SMS Popup. I have gone through quite a bit of trial and error, but I still haven't figured out which app it is that's causing the problem. I don't have any apps that should be intercepting SMS notifications.... except Trackball Alert, now that I think of it.... I should try that one!!! Will report back. (tomorrow, though. Now I'm going to bed)

Right, so it's not the ROM then but something on my phone. Time for a full wipe & reflash then methinks.

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it. Wonder what caused it.

The Starfield LWP is still no-go however. I'm sure I'll live without it :)

EDIT2: And broken again. I think I reinstalled the 3rd party "SMS Pop-Up" application when I did the Titanium restore and it's mucking up the function in the ROM even when I remove it. Wiping the settings for the Messenger app doesn't reset it. For now I've just reinstalled the 3rd-party app and used that until the next ROM release when I'll do a clean reflash and be careful not to reinstall the program.

What launcher are y'all using?

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App