SMS pop-up window

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by KnightNZ, Nov 8, 2010.

1. KnightNZ

KnightNZMembers

Nov 8, 2010
    Male
    Watchmaker
    New Zealand
    The "SMS pop-up window" option doesn't appear to be doing anything in 11.5, I had it working with 10.22. I'm running the stock MIUI ROM with English pack #1 (downloading #2 now) - anyone else got it going or am I missing something?

The Starfield LWP also stopped working with 11.5 as well, tried a data-wipe & reinstall but no joy, it just sits there with a black screen. Not a big deal, just odd.

2. Khanh1289

Khanh1289Members

Nov 7, 2010
    mine works just fine..

3. MarkHUK

MarkHUKFounder & Sys Op
    Staff Member

Working fine here as well.

Cheers,

Mark

4. KnightNZ

KnightNZMembers

Nov 8, 2010
    Male
    Watchmaker
    New Zealand
    Right, so it's not the ROM then but something on my phone. Time for a full wipe & reflash then methinks.

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it. Wonder what caused it.

The Starfield LWP is still no-go however. I'm sure I'll live without it :)

EDIT2: And broken again. I think I reinstalled the 3rd party "SMS Pop-Up" application when I did the Titanium restore and it's mucking up the function in the ROM even when I remove it. Wiping the settings for the Messenger app doesn't reset it. For now I've just reinstalled the 3rd-party app and used that until the next ROM release when I'll do a clean reflash and be careful not to reinstall the program.

5. carnegie0107

Nov 21, 2010
    It's not just SMS popup. Mine does the same thing when I use Titanium to restore all my apps, and I don't use SMS Popup. I have gone through quite a bit of trial and error, but I still haven't figured out which app it is that's causing the problem. I don't have any apps that should be intercepting SMS notifications.... except Trackball Alert, now that I think of it.... I should try that one!!! Will report back. (tomorrow, though. Now I'm going to bed)

6. wdfowty

wdfowtyMembers

Nov 18, 2010
    What launcher are y'all using?

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

7. carnegie0107

Nov 21, 2010
    So far, it seems the thing only works on the default MIUI Launcher2.

Share Our Site