So at beginning we don't have miui v6

Only at the end of 2014?! lol, great, 4 more months of waiting (through official channels). And then at the end of the 4 months they'll say it will be on Chinese New Year...sigh...

Ok, I'm being unfair I admit but I wasn't expecting 4 more months of waiting, I could understand one or maybe even two, to even out the kinks but 4?! C'mon...

Reactions: Michachu
Is better to have it at the end of the year, and not to stay with 4.1.1 :) Maybe xiaomi will update sources to 4.4, so we can have better 4.10 kernel port :)

miui V6 for mi2/2s
perhaps based on android 4.1

OMFG you might be right...

aries_4.1.PNG

This is a post from Xiaomi staff (MIUI development team) foxtail (李伟星) 's weibo.
I'm a Chinese but my English isn't that good, I'll try my best translate this with the help of Google Translate:

Reply @ylan: MIUI team have tried, currently I have a Mi2 with 4.4 based V6 lying in my drawer. But the result wasn't satisfactory. So the MIUI development team started 4.1 based V6 plan for Mi2. Ordinary people don't understand how much work is needed to make a 4.1 based V6, there isn't much to say about it, the engineers are exhausting. A development can't be done just because you want it, so I won't say much about a incomplete plan to tantalize people.

Anyone want a 4.1 based MIUI 6? After two years of "System Update", Mi2 series is still and very likely will continue be using a 4.1 based official rom.

I really don't understand how they can't do it. I mean even the community can get 4.4 running on aries without having the kernel source code which the MIUI development team sure have, how come they can't come up with a more stable (comparing to community version) 4.4 based rom? What does "the result wasn't satisfactory" even mean?

View attachment 8530

This is a post from Xiaomi staff (MIUI development team) foxtail (李伟星) 's weibo.
I'm a Chinese but my English isn't that good, I'll try my best translate this with the help of Google Translate:

Anyone want a 4.1 based MIUI 6? After two years of "System Update", Mi2 series is still and very likely will continue be using a 4.1 based official rom.

I really don't understand how they can't do it. I mean even the community can get 4.4 running on aries without having the kernel source code which the MIUI development team sure have, how come they can't come up with a more stable (comparing to community version) 4.4 based rom? What does "the result wasn't satisfactory" even mean?

Thats just crazy.

Thats just crazy.
You guess what? Since they can't get a stable 4.4 rom, they're backporting the bluetooth module from 4.4 to 4.1 in order to make Mi band work with Mi2. - Yeah I thought we'll finally get 4.4 thanks to this new released Mi Band but...

:( Why aren't they working on make the 4.4 rom stable but instead going to do a backporting?!

View attachment 8530

WOW this is so f*cked up...
Xiaomi just can't do anything good for Mi2/S this is f*cking amazing.
I was thinking about buying the Mi4 but when I see that they don't give a f*ck about their customer I think I'll order OnePlus One instead.

What could I expect from a company that is stealing all it's ideas from others?!

Sorry for the language guys I'm just very mad...

This Mi2/S is still alive only thanks to this forum and the great developers here!!!

W T F.
Well I'd say NOT TO STAY PASSIVE ABOUT THIS SH*T.
I'd start flame each and every Miui v6 thread and weibo account stating almost the same thing "community developers made 4.4.4 perfectly working on mi2 DESPITE Xiaomi. Now Xiaomi, shame on you if you don't manage to produce a working 4.4.4 Miui v6" something like this.
Radarnyan could help us finding the Chinese places where to flame and someone could create an appropriate thread on miui.com
What do you think?

W T F.
Well I'd say NOT TO STAY PASSIVE ABOUT THIS SH*T.
I'd start flame each and every Miui v6 thread and weibo account stating almost the same thing "community developers made 4.4.4 perfectly working on mi2 DESPITE Xiaomi. Now Xiaomi, shame on you if you don't manage to produce a working 4.4.4 Miui v6" something like this.
Radarnyan could help us finding the Chinese places where to flame and someone could create an appropriate thread on miui.com
What do you think?

Nope, that wouldn't help at all.

Many Mi2/Mi2S users were angry here in China, and complained about not having a update on bbs.miui.com. Instead of giving us an answer, they just added 5 more moderators to delete all the posts and ban all users been complaining about it.

Many Mi2/Mi2S users were angry here in China, and complained about not having a update on bbs.miui.com. Instead of giving us an answer, they just added 5 more moderators to delete all the posts and ban all users been complaining about it.

Some media attention would help a lot,they reacted pretty quickly on security bug last week.

WTF?!
Absurd xiaomi

Well i agree with you, anyway i think we're lucky we have developers that develop roms instead of xiaomi.
But well they should consider another behavior

This suck. Nexus is the way, Mi will never have any other money from me. Ivan did it without any money, and he did a great job only with 4.1 sources. This is wroster than Samsung with galaxy s, or lg with 2X. M1cha ported the nexus 4 sources and did a great job also with faster cm. He rewrote some drivers, and did the whole work that some "exhausted" mi engineers can't do!!

Linuxx, M1cha Wajk could do a lot better job with xiaomi 4.4.4 driver (camera for example, which was hacked). It's a shame they have to do a lot of work.
However I've complained on miui.com and I've seen that there are a lot of complaints fortunately mi2s community is too vaste to escape from

Who wrote this? If he could share the version in his possession with our developers, it would be great!
Is he a Xiaomi engineer?

http://www.miui.com/thread-1915959-1-1.html
the same phone in the closet! MI2 MIUI v6 4.4.4

Unfortunately this is fake. The title says "I also have a Mi2S with 4.4 based MIUI6 lying in my drawer"

Just a Mi2S user showing his anger by put some pictures of MIUI 6 on his Mi2S and take photos, as a respond of the official statement "I have a Mi2 with 4.4 based V6 lying in my drawer. But the result wasn't satisfactory" to ask foxtail (李伟星, the op of the weibo post in screenshot I posted above) to release the so called "not satisfactory" rom, Like "release the rom or it didn't happen.
It's easy, you can do it if you want to lol make any OS running on anything can display a picture.

Don't get me wrong, as a Mi2S owner, I sure want 4.4 based official rom, so that we can get latest drivers and make our community made custom roms better.

Unfortunately, the Xiaomi is showing the limits of a young and inexperienced and that especially does not have the technical capability to support a worthy its device-level software ..

Reactions: Nico77 and Pukos
Unfortunately this is fake. The title says "I also have a Mi2S with 4.4 based MIUI6 lying in my drawer"

Just a Mi2S user showing his anger by put some pictures of MIUI 6 on his Mi2S and take photos, as a respond of the official statement "I have a Mi2 with 4.4 based V6 lying in my drawer. But the result wasn't satisfactory" to ask foxtail (李伟星, the op of the weibo post in screenshot I posted above) to release the so called "not satisfactory" rom, Like "release the rom or it didn't happen.
It's easy, you can do it if you want to lol make any OS running on anything can display a picture.

Don't get me wrong, as a Mi2S owner, I sure want 4.4 based official rom, so that we can get latest drivers and make our community made custom roms better.

So...those are simply screenshots displayed on a mi2s??