Some noobs questions but annoying

spy20

Members
Feb 29, 2020
Hi,

i've a mi9t.

I want to switch to MIUI on xiaomi.eu ROM.
I've downloaded the latest rom MIUI 11.2 20.2.27

I've wipe date, and internal storage.
1- But at reboot, the version on about phone is MIUI global ? Must I reinstall the zip ?
2- Impossible to install magisk 20.1, 20.2 and 20.3. Boot in loop. You too ?
3- Why when I install the TWRP (or orangefox), it doesn't install permanently ?? I must always reinstall it and boot on it !! why ??

Thanks a lot for your adivces
Spy20

Hi,

i've a mi9t.

I want to switch to MIUI on xiaomi.eu ROM.
I've downloaded the latest rom MIUI 11.2 20.2.27

I've wipe date, and internal storage.
1- But at reboot, the version on about phone is MIUI global ? Must I reinstall the zip ?
2- Impossible to install magisk 20.1, 20.2 and 20.3. Boot in loop. You too ?
3- Why when I install the TWRP (or orangefox), it doesn't install permanently ?? I must always reinstall it and boot on it !! why ??

Thanks a lot for your adivces
Spy20
1- You didn't flashed xiaomi.eu ROM if you see "MIUI Global".
2- You don't need to "Wipe...", you need to "Format Data" in TWRP before flashing ROM.
3- Because you may need to flash a modified "vbmeta" image to disable Xiaomi boot protection.

Reactions: spy20
1- You didn't flashed xiaomi.eu ROM if you see "MIUI Global".
2- You don't need to "Wipe...", you need to "Format Data" in TWRP before flashing ROM.
3- Because you may need to flash a modified "vbmeta" image to disable Xiaomi boot protection.
Very well
I do all of this
I don't remember to flash vbmeta. At this time, it's work, but i will test again tomorrow.
Also, I format data and reinstall the version .eu, and finally work with TWRP (not orangefox)

There is always an error with magisk, but I read elsewhere that there were problems with the latest versions ...

Thanks a lot.
I will inform you tomorrow again

Reactions: iamme729
Very well
I do all of this
I don't remember to flash vbmeta. At this time, it's work, but i will test again tomorrow.
Also, I format data and reinstall the version .eu, and finally work with TWRP (not orangefox)

There is always an error with magisk, but I read elsewhere that there were problems with the latest versions ...

Thanks a lot.
I will inform you tomorrow again
No problem! =)

INFO: Don't use latest OrangeFox version available on Telegram (R10.1_2), it is not working correctly.
Use OrangeFox (R10.1_1) instead => https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/davinci/ :)

No issue with latest Magisk Stable version (20.3) on my Mi 9T.

;)

Reactions: iamme729
No problem! =)

INFO: Don't use latest OrangeFox version available on Telegram (R10.1_2), it is not working correctly.
Use OrangeFox (R10.1_1) instead => https://files.orangefox.tech/OrangeFox-Stable/davinci/ :)

No issue with latest Magisk Stable version (20.3) on my Mi 9T.

;)
Okay good news for Magisk
I will try.

This morning, TWRP is always install. Thanks the advice of flash vbmeta ;)
I haven't configured the whole rom but it's seem work well

I will share an update when I will install Magisk