Tips and Tricks on Xiaomi m2

zubairra

Members
Jan 26, 2013
Im started using Xiaomi m2 just week back new to Miui Andriod using 4.1.1 now.
Can everybody share the tips and tricks of using the phone.which are the best app for the phone.

I have a issue that it doesnt check the current location in GPS. Hope every one help me.

sorry i m using ES explorer and i cant see system folder...
i think my Miui version is not rooted when i checked in manage root permission "it says ROOT is not available in MIUI stable"
Please advice..
If i want to flash let me know the steps and i need lastest English version

I use root explorer in read write mode I am using the MIUI Android ROM and not the China ROM and still had GPS issues until my GPS.conf file looked like the one I posted using t-mobile

Reactions: zubairra
I
Thanks I have rooted my mobile...but still can't locate GPS.conf file in phone any search option available?

How i would disable vibrate and sound, comes during touch operartion.
I always keep the mobile in vibrate mode.any advice..Thanks

Actually, I rooted my JLB 7.0 stable.. used FasterGPS to configure the file and no issues so far..

How i would disable vibrate and sound, comes during touch operartion.
I always keep the mobile in vibrate mode.any advice..Thanks
Settings - Sound - disable "vibrate on touch", "Touch sounds", "screen lock sound" , "Dial pad touch tones" + silent mode

Great Thanks ehrles......I have another querie
1.when i mount a USB most of the times it says "Not in supportable format"tried both Fat and NTFS
But when i enable root permission and mount USB it mount but i dont know how to access the files in USB..
it doesnt show up onmy ES explorer or default file explorer.

2. im unable to register to Xiaomi account it says "Network error"..
Please advice

get a app called stick mount to get ntfs otg support then you will be able to set the mount folder name and find it with root explorer or any other file browser all though root explorer is the best
Sent from my MI 2 using

For the registration problem use the email option it should work
Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Another query My SMS message gets deleted in some days..i cant see old messages.
I have checked in advanced setting delete old message is disabled but still it is getting deleted?
I need some SMS which is important.

Are you on the MIUIANDROID ROM or on the China version
Sent from my MI 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

i hope its china version

It says Model :MI2 Andriod version :4.1.1MIUI version 3.1.25 Kernal 3.4.0-g44e0c69 build no :MIUI 3.1.25 JR003L

Using the ROM from MIUIANDROID is better for non Chinese speaking people

Sent from my MI 2 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

OK would u give the link of ROM and steps to follow?
I'm not expert in this if you would help me in installing a English ROM.
Thanks