[tutorial] Flash Global Rom On Bricked, Locked Bl And W/o Edl !

Install Mi Flas and it will install most of the drivers.. If it doesnt again, restart Windows in Advanced Mode and start it with Disabled Driver Signature. Then, install them again, and it should recognise it as Mi 5.
Thanks for your help !
I have done what you said, and I think the drivers are OK now :
Capture5.PNG
In MiFlash : Capture8.PNG

But I still have the same message...
Capture.PNG

Read the first post, you dont flash it with mi flash, its just for the drivers. You select the .zip file from within Mi Pc Suite..

Sent from Mi 5

Read the first post, you dont flash it with mi flash, its just for the drivers. You select the .zip file from within Mi Pc Suite..

Sent from Mi 5
He's showing you that its working in MiFlash which means the drivers are good but not in Mi suite. Im having this same issue aswell

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

He's showing you that its working in MiFlash which means the drivers are good but not in Mi suite. Im having this same issue aswell

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk
I dont know why the Mi PC Suite can not read your model, but its the only way so far. Maybe the OS version is so screwed so even the Suite can not get it right.. For me, i tried 5 phones, with different OS versions, they all worked without any problem..

when i press vol+ and power...nothing, i cant boot into recovery mode, no have white phone with cable. now i have xiaomi eu but i need global. i think no have recovery :S help!!

This is basic recovery, some sort of.. It supports only factory flash and some sort of adb sideload. But, it MUST be there, or someone has tempered with the phones in parts it is not suppose to do. If its deliberatlly deleted in order to stop OTA or some other update (some of possible reasons) then its very unclear to me how you can flash anything except unlock BL and save yourself.

Sent from Mi 5

This is basic recovery, some sort of.. It supports only factory flash and some sort of adb sideload. But, it MUST be there, or someone has tempered with the phones in parts it is not suppose to do. If its deliberatlly deleted in order to stop OTA or some other update (some of possible reasons) then its very unclear to me how you can flash anything except unlock BL and save yourself.

Sent from Mi 5

friend i can unlock BL from xiaomi.eu rom?

Is there any thread with explanation how to load rom into TWRP (i want to test miui 8 and don't know how to load all) tnx

you're wrong, xiaomi.eu release one rom for miflash, can flash with fastboot oem edl + miflash
Old roms yes... But at the time xiaomi.eu released the Mi Flash version, all roms got locked without edl option.. So, its very very few people that had an old system so to use this flash.

Sent from Mi 5

Its said here many times.. You can unlock it on CN Official roms. If you have other roms, its a gambling situation, whether this method posted here in 1-st post will work. If its tampered by some re-seller from the "green market" in Shenzhen, then probably you can not unlock it.. That looks like the real situation..

when i press the SHIFT key an klick on this icon, i get this pic... an i can not browse for the FW... ????

Attachments

• notworking.jpg
    notworking.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 389
Hi guys,

thanks for the contribution but in my case it does not work.
Flashing the ROM takes ages, the download goes pretty fast, the bar on the phone moves quickly but when it reaches the end it becomes SLOW. Yesterday in 4 hours it passed from 50.00% to around 54%.

I bought the phone from gearbest and came with a modded ROM, I connected it to the chinese MIPCsuite and then the mess started. Now it is just bricked. If it turn it on I see only the Mi logo nothing else.

I tried more or less everything I found around, no way to flash the phone.

Bootloader still locked, of course.

Hi guys,

thanks for the contribution but in my case it does not work.
Flashing the ROM takes ages, the download goes pretty fast, the bar on the phone moves quickly but when it reaches the end it becomes SLOW. Yesterday in 4 hours it passed from 50.00% to around 54%.

I bought the phone from gearbest and came with a modded ROM, I connected it to the chinese MIPCsuite and then the mess started. Now it is just bricked. If it turn it on I see only the Mi logo nothing else.

I tried more or less everything I found around, no way to flash the phone.

Bootloader still locked, of course.
try to get into fastboot mode and check if it detects the device and flash the china dev rom first before u proceed ... flash all using latest miflash

hi mine is global unofficial rom 7.3.3.0.0 . i want to update it to official global rom will this work ? thanks in advance miui partners

Reactions: the_maker