[tutorial] Flash Global Rom On Bricked, Locked Bl And W/o Edl !

Hi

my mi5 3/64 arrived with 7.5.6.0 MAACNDE China stable MIUI 7.5

I cant switch to any global rom with any method. my phone is locked like an iphone

Hi

my mi5 3/64 arrived with 7.5.6.0 MAACNDE China stable MIUI 7.5

I cant switch to any global rom with any method. my phone is locked like an iphone
You can install only official roms, but you can in addition request on official site bootloader unlock to be able to install any custom rom, as xiaomi.eu

You can install only official roms, but you can in addition request on official site bootloader unlock to be able to install any custom rom, as xiaomi.eu
I requested the unlock yesterday, I have to wait an unprecised number of days. this is not acceptable to me. i dont want to risk any flash with and enginering cable

I requested the unlock yesterday, I have to wait an unprecised number of days. this is not acceptable to me. i dont want to risk any flash with and enginering cable
If you don't think have an answer after 10 days, write a complaint. For me it was 11 days.
There is no need of engineering cable to flash, a method works with chinese version of Mi pc suite.

If you don't think have an answer after 10 days, write a complaint. For me it was 11 days.
There is no need of engineering cable to flash, a method works with chinese version of Mi pc suite.
i tried it but my phone seems to do not have any edl mode and the chinese pc suite that the tutorial linked does not have any particular behaviour pressing the shift key to flash the global rom. To me, it bring to the same view with fastboot option on the right and recovery option on the left

okay, xiaomi seems to have updated their program ( see attached image, with the red marked vers. number)

perhaps here is the failure

can somebody send me the version ...4071 ?

my email is: ikfm@gmx.de

thanks very much

Attachments

• version.jpg
    version.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 535
Reactions: Tetzi
Yes, i have tested latest versions, and this trick with holding SHIFT seems doesn't work anymore. I don't know why, but i tried on many on different versions.

I have also sacrificed one USB cable, and with it the Mi 5 enters EDL without any problem, and flashes with Mi Flash without any problem.

Reactions: laueugen
Yes, i have tested latest versions, and this trick with holding SHIFT seems doesn't work anymore. I don't know why, but i tried on many on different versions.

I have also sacrificed one USB cable, and with it the Mi 5 enters EDL without any problem, and flashes with Mi Flash without any problem.
Same conclusion for me, seems not working anymore.

Do you have links for modified cables and EDL flash that worked for you?

Envoyé de mon MI 4W en utilisant Tapatalk

hello, when I connect my mi5 to pcsuite chinese version and pulse button and the program icon not agree to any file browser. I get a screen to choose recovery but It does nothing more. What is the problem?I have a false rom and want to put the Chinese developer.