TWRP / Orangefox recovery for Redmi Note 9 Pro (Joyeuse)

Didn't meant the last screen but the following part:
If Google Play haven't integrity do this:
-go back to termux
-type su
-type props.
-type 1
-type r to reset to default value
-restart the Phone afterwards
That way you will keep everything. Basicintegrity, Ctsprofile and play protect verification will be gained again.
As we skipped changing the fingerprint we never Lose Google integrity verification.
And as we never change it there is nothing we can "undo"

Didn't meant the last screen but the following part:

As we skipped changing the fingerprint we never Lose Google integrity verification.
And as we never change it there is nothing we can "undo"
Look now please. I edited the first post.

Reactions: LeX1991
Look now please. I edited the first post.
Perfect.
You should probably write into the instructions of the persist.img that you will Lose widevine L1 and go up to L3. I don't know what sideeffects occur with widevine L3 but not telling this if there is no Going back from it is a bit negligently.
Regards

Reactions: LOLO9393
Perfect.
You should probably write into the instructions of the persist.img that you will Lose widevine L1 and go up to L3. I don't know what sideeffects occur with widevine L3 but not telling this if there is no Going back from it is a bit negligently.
Regards
Flashing persist.img is not required and is bad advice, IMHO. Really, it should be removed as a suggestion in the instructions.

Perfect.
Regards

Flashing persist.img is not required and is bad advice, IMHO. Really, it should be removed as a suggestion in the instructions.
Flashing Persist.img is works well for me. Google Pay payments work perfectly. SafetyNet check is OK. If is true what you are writing about Widevine CDM, I will remove the instructions from the first post. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I don't know exactly when this happened, but a backup of the original Persist.img partition was created on the phone's internal storage for me (This happened either when installing the ROM or when installing the Persist.img file).
By installing the original global ROM via flashtool, it should also be possible to restore, right?

Last edited:
Flashing Persist.img is works well for me. Google Pay payments work perfectly. SafetyNet check is OK. If is true what you are writing about Widevine CDM, I will remove the instructions from the first post. I'll check it out tomorrow.

I don't know exactly when this happened, but a backup of the original Persist.img partition was created on the phone's internal storage for me (This happened either when installing the ROM or when installing the Persist.img file).
By installing the original global ROM via flashtool, it should also be possible to restore, right?
As my understanding goes there is no way of Going back from L3 to L1. So even with restoring original persist.img you will stay on L3.
Flashing back to Stock and locking the bootloader again would probably a step to try.
Sure Google Pay is working as you past safety net check. But streaming Netflix in HD and surely other things wont work with widevine L3.
Either way, Sure you could keep the instructions there but telling what will Happen if you follow them. Or delete them and keep the ones I posted as there is everything fine.

There is out a magisk module which try to fake widevine L3 to L1, I can't test it out though, as im Not willing to go to L3 just for testing purposes.

Reactions: Yemble
So what is the reason for going back to L3 from L1?

Gesendet von meinem Mi 10 Pro mit Tapatalk

There is no reason why you would want to got to Level 3 from Level 1.
If you are stuck at L3 tough you surely would want L1 back if you want to stream anything on your Phone.

Well the widevine Level determines how secure your Phone is related to movies and streaming platforms. EG. Are you able to somehow steal what is shown on your screen.

So Netflix, Prime Video and others dont allow Videos to be Played over 480p on phones which are at widevine L3
A number of video services like Google Play Movies, Netflix, and Amazon Prime Video don’t allow some smartphones to stream movies or TV shows at resolutions higher than 480p. The reason for the lockout is that these services are protected by digital rights management (DRM), to prevent the copying and unauthorized redistribution of these video files.
And as already mentioned. There is probably no way of getting the Level from 3 to 1 again.

Regards.

Reactions: Mooks
Hello.

I try to upgrade from V11.0.4.0 (EU fastboot) to V11.0.5.0 (EU recovery) but get follow error:
updater process ended with ERROR: 7
Failed to mount '/system_root' (No such file or directory)

Any one deal with that before?

EDIT: I finally install new ROM from scratch, with wipe -> format data

The persist.img that I flashed, I grabbed it from the official 11.0.5.0 global fastboot rom. What I can't understand is, if I had flashed the whole official 11.0.5.0 global fastboot rom with the fastboot method to my phone, would this drop my Widevine CDM from L1 to L3?

Last edited:
There is no reason why you would want to got to Level 3 from Level 1.
If you are stuck at L3 tough you surely would want L1 back if you want to stream anything on your Phone.

Well the widevine Level determines how secure your Phone is related to movies and streaming platforms. EG. Are you able to somehow steal what is shown on your screen.

So Netflix, Prime Video and others dont allow Videos to be Played over 480p on phones which are at widevine L3

And as already mentioned. There is probably no way of getting the Level from 3 to 1 again.

Regards.
Ok I think my question was not clear enough.
What makes the security level fall down to L3?
Is it the bootloader unlock or the installation of twrp?

Ok I think my question was not clear enough.
What makes the security level fall down to L3?
Is it the bootloader unlock or the installation of twrp?

None of what you mentioned. Flashing the persist.img makes it fall down to L3.

Reactions: Mooks
And the persist.img is part of the EU.rom?

No, it is a seperate file that was mentioned in the guide in the first post, that you can grab from the official rom and flashing it seperately in order to make Google pay to work.

Ok thanks. So if I don't do that because I don't need gpay, I will keep L1?

Ok thanks. So if I don't do that because I don't need gpay, I will keep L1?

And if something changes your mind, or you want to use a banking app you can still follow my instructions pasted in the OP as Option B. With that you will keep L1 and still past safetynet.

Perfect.
Regards

How can I detect a damaged CDM widevine?
DRM Info on RN9Pro with replaced Persist.img shows the same things as on my second phone, Mi Max3, where I didn't overwrite Persist.img.
Both phones uses local ROM from this web.
Screenshot_2020-08-24-07-31-40-552_com.androidfung.drminfo.jpg
Screenshot_2020-08-24-07-35-53-980_com.androidfung.drminfoMax3.jpg

Last edited:
It will show L1 instead of L3.
Thanks.
Well, that means that the L3 level was not caused by overwriting the Persist partition, but it's probably a matter of ROM itself, isn't it?
DRM Info on RN9Pro with replaced Persist.img shows the same things as on my second phone, Mi Max3, where I didn't overwrite Persist.img.

Last edited: