Twrp Recovery Flash Ok, But After Reboot In A Normal Way

captaintreasure

Members
Mar 20, 2016
Hello

I need help. I've unlock my bootloader, I've installed ADB and Fastboot tools and drivers.
I have flash manualy the latest official dev rom in fastboot mode, everything works great - in dev settings "debugging" ok

I want to flash Xiaomi.EU ROM, but cannot boot TWPR Recovery.

fastboot devices -> ok My device is recognised
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img -> fastboot writes the recovery fine
fastboot boot recovery.img -> the screen of my Redmi 3S lights a bit more during 10 secondes and after it's reboot in a normal way in dev rom, but cannot boot the recovery (and flash the rom)

I don't know how to do, i've tried so many things.
Have you got any idea ?
Does it exist a fastboot installation for xiaomi.eu rom ? I know how to flash manualy evey files (it takes long time but it's works)

I try with TWRP by cofface, it's not working but when i order "fastboot boot recovery.img", the screen became lighter and black durant 10 secondes and after it has reboot

When I start the device with the up bouton and i chose recovery mode, it boots mi-recovery 3.0, not twrp

I DID IT.

For thoses who got the same problem :

I used this TWRP :

(cd downloads)
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (the file you just downloaded)
DO NOT fastboot boot recovery.img
"fastboot reboot" HOLDING +/up bouton, chose 'recovery' -> Do you really wanna boot recovery mode ? 'yes'
TADA

Hello

I need help. I've unlock my bootloader, I've installed ADB and Fastboot tools and drivers.
I have flash manualy the latest official dev rom in fastboot mode, everything works great - in dev settings "debugging" ok

I want to flash Xiaomi.EU ROM, but cannot boot TWPR Recovery.

fastboot devices -> ok My device is recognised
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img -> fastboot writes the recovery fine
fastboot boot recovery.img -> the screen of my Redmi 3S lights a bit more during 10 secondes and after it's reboot in a normal way in dev rom, but cannot boot the recovery (and flash the rom)

I don't know how to do, i've tried so many things.
Have you got any idea ?
Does it exist a fastboot installation for xiaomi.eu rom ? I know how to flash manualy evey files (it takes long time but it's works)

For me I have tried "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img", on my Redmi 3S from adb folder. It says that successful, but when I reboot by holding it didnt enter twrp recovery instead enter into mi recovery.
So I have tried the next command, "fastboot boot recovery.img", and it worked coz it boots into recovery with the given img file (as I understood).
After that I have installed the EU ROM.

I DID IT.

For thoses who got the same problem :

I used this TWRP :

(cd downloads)
"fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" (the file you just downloaded)
DO NOT fastboot boot recovery.img
"fastboot reboot" HOLDING +/up bouton, chose 'recovery' -> Do you really wanna boot recovery mode ? 'yes'
TADA
Thank you so much! I was having the same issue on my new Mi 9 following the official instructions, but yours worked perfectly!