[ultimate Guide] How To Unlock Bootloader, Root And Flash Recovery On Redmi Note 3

Can someone please provide a link for the fastboot drivers needed for the Redmi Note 3 in Windows 10?

My device isn't being detected when in fastboot mode and the unlock tool just comes up with a orange bar and then it stops and you have to try again.

Thanks.
http://feds64.kinja.com/installing-mtk-vcom-driver-on-windows-10-32-64-bits-1749699969
Just wait for it materialize? Reliable sources from China... Just for a thinker... A friend bought a Redmi Note 3 even before the launch... Haha

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

After flashing the development version, I proceeded to run the unlocker. Tough luck, the unlocker opened a web page to provide my details (name in Chinese included lol) and reason for unlocking. After being sent a verification SMS, I was told that my request would be examined and I'd receive an answer in a SMS...

All in all, the method described in this thread led to a failure...

Good news: The Unlock Bootloader issue will eventually be resolve in week time...

Can you share with us whatever you might have heard?

Reactions: feds64
After flashing the development version, I proceeded to run the unlocker. Tough luck, the unlocker opened a web page to provide my details (name in Chinese included lol) and reason for unlocking. After being sent a verification SMS, I was told that my request would be examined and I'd receive an answer in a SMS...

All in all, the method described in this thread led to a failure...

Can you share with us whatever you might have heard?
I told by reliable sources it should be resolved in a week or so, so just keep your fingers crossed...

What windows r u using?

Windows 10 64bit Pro .
I have a problem I can not solve. After flash 7.0.19 with SP flash tools I can not upgrade to the dev 05/12/24 because it gives me the error "unable to verify this package." While with 5.12.31 no problem but what I have read you can not proceed with the release.

Last edited:
Windows 10 64bit Pro .
I have a problem I can not solve. After flash 7.0.19 with SP flash tools I can not upgrade to the dev 05/12/24 because it gives me the error "unable to verify this package." While with 5.12.31 no problem but what I have read you can not proceed with the release.
Okay... So you fine for the time being... Just waiting for the unlock bootloader issue to be finalized...

Guys who said stuff about 10 characters message in the request box, try using google translate to make it simplified chinese, it worked for me. Now im waiting for the sms with a code i have no idea where to use. I didnt try this yet, can any1 tell me where i will have to type the code they send me?

xxxxxxxxxx is ok to to proceed, the have no right to know my reason to unlock my device. this is BS

Guys who said stuff about 10 characters message in the request box, try using google translate to make it simplified chinese, it worked for me. Now im waiting for the sms with a code i have no idea where to use. I didnt try this yet, can any1 tell me where i will have to type the code they send me?
When you have it, you tell me... I will assist you accordingly...

Screenshot_2015-12-29-16-48-13_com.xiaomi-tile wm.jpg
Screenshot_2015-12-29-16-53-26_com.miui-tile wm.jpg
Is there a way to know if my unlocking was succesful?
Simple, just check your Permission, and see whether Root access appear as one of the option, If it does, then it will let you proceed to root your device... Once you are able to see these images you are successful.

Guys, I just flashed developer rom, is there a way to get back to stable in case this doesnt work?

Yes, 5.12.31 dev rom from miui en.
I heard that there were some bugs in the ROM, although I haven't met any, I'd like to have a back up plan. Also, the bootloader unlocking didn't work for me too. Pressing the chinese button lead me to the page where i applied for a code I have no idea where to enter when I get it.

Yes, 5.12.31 dev rom from miui en.
I heard that there were some bugs in the ROM, although I haven't met any, I'd like to have a back up plan. Also, the bootloader unlocking didn't work for me too. Pressing the chinese button lead me to the page where i applied for a code I have no idea where to enter when I get it.
Okay, many have already told me they have received their permission.... I guess you guy who have been waiting to keep an eye...

yes I've received my permission today. I have two MIUI accounts by accident. I have unlocking permissions on my account that was NOT connected to i.mi.com and was not verified fully on i.mi.com. This is a very new account, I was only 'senior' member on En.miui.com. I logged in on my phone with this account (by using the email login option) and started the unlock app. Unlocking was done in a few seconds. Then I've flashed the TWRP right away (using this thread). Shut down the phone and started recovery (vol+ and power). Then flashed SMiui and now everything is running like a charm. Thank you for this guide

So in short: the Only working guide:
-If you are a regular member and you open the Unlocking app and it redirects to the unlock.miui.com your only option is to apply for the unlocking and WAIT. For me waiting took 21 days
-Don't bother setting up the whole i.mi.com stuff, It won't help you at all. Don't bother at spamming en.miui.com to become a gold member, this won't help you either
-If you receive the unlocking confirmation by SMS flash the DEV rom using flash tools, download the latest xiaomi.eu or smiui rom and put in on your internal storage)
-Open the unlocking app, log-in. You'll only see one button
-Reboot to fastboot, click the button, wait a few seconds, BAM 100% done (if stuck at 50% fix your drivers)
-Flash TWRP right away (using the guide in post 1).
-Power off the device
-Boot to recovery (vol+ and power)
-Flash Xiaomi.eu / Smiui / whatever
-Enjoy
-

Last edited:
Vin87 said:
yes I've received my permission today. I have two MIUI accounts by accident. I have unlocking permissions on my account that was NOT connected to i.mi.com and was not verified fully on i.mi.com. This is a very new account, I was only 'senior' member on En.miui.com. I logged in on my phone with this account (by using the email login option) and started the unlock app. Unlocking was done in a few seconds. Then I've flashed the TWRP right away (using this thread). Shut down the phone and started recovery (vol+ and power). Then flashed SMiui and now everything is running like a charm. Thank you for this guide
So in short: the Only working guide:
-If you are a regular member and you open the Unlocking app and it redirects to the unlock.miui.com your only option is to apply for the unlocking and WAIT. For me waiting took 21 days
-Don't bother setting up the whole i.mi.com stuff, It won't help you at all. Don't bother at spamming en.miui.com to become a gold member, this won't help you either
-If you receive the unlocking confirmation by SMS flash the DEV rom using flash tools, download the latest xiaomi.eu or smiui rom and put in on your internal storage)

Thanks a lot for the information. I guess I'll just send them an SMS and wait. I bought two Redmi Note 3s for two different people and both are angry. This is so frustrating. I'll never buy a Xiaomi phone again and as soon as Cyanogenmod is available I'll flash that on both.

English version of the latest MiFlashTool v1.0.1225.2 >> http://en.miui.com/thread-204866-1-1.html

P.S: It will only work if you have a SMS verification code. Please make sure that your details are correct at https://account.xiaomi.com/ and have entered the correct mobile number and selected correct country code.
@feds64
When i want to apply to the unlock code, i filled in my name, state (austria +43) and number 0660 1234567 and a little statement. on the next page i should fill in an sms code to verify... but this never came.
The nummer at this page is correct(+436601234567). I got sms while binding my SIM to my Mi Account.

This means i never really applied, or?

If yes, how could i apply? i tried to set up all the account with other logins/number - but ther i didn´t even got an sms while binding to an mi account....

Reactions: feds64